Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about Kenny's piss weak tears versus how Simpson handled himself yesterday i'd take Simpson any day.

Ken should be in a circus.
Ken's pot shots at the media, players, admin and especially fans will put Simpson to shame..

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
In the end very few people at the club really care about being successful, they just want to do enough to keep getting paid.

And that's the magic of clubs that have enduringly strong cultures such as Sydney or Geelong. Somehow in the context of very highly paid jobs you need to get everyone to aspire to a common goal and to sacrifice and do their bit to make it happen.

Loser clubs like Port just go through the motions. Winning a premiership is a far too lofty goal to actually measure yourself by. It is seen internally similar to the way the Socceroos camp would feel about lifting the World Cup trophy - oh that would be super nice, but it's never going to happen (that last bit is never said out loud of course, but it's felt by everyone).

This is why until we achieve a cultural paradigm shift we will never, ever win a premiership or even go close to winning one. We are a St Kilda tier make up the numbers club. And despite opposition fans telling us that's just our natural place in the pecking order, our club is free to choose exactly what type of club it wants to be and has chosen this path.
The only bit here that I disagree with is that the Socceroos have a lot more belief that they'll be able to win a World Cup, and make a lot less excuses than Port do, despite the fact that their mountain is 100x harder to climb. Twice in the last 20 years they've progressed to a knockout game against the eventual champion, and in both of those games they went down to the absolute wire. They don't attack their own fans either.

We're a level of pissweak that's almost unheard of in any sport globally.

After the weekend, I think he lasts the season now.

As for what happens after that, I think it depends on this weekend's game. Win it and I reckon we'll jag at least one more (on top of the Richmond game). Lose and I can see a big slide and us missing the 8. Surely he won't survive a crash and burn like that.
I wouldn't completely write off a Richmond win next week. They've already beaten the Crows here - if we rock up thinking "pfft - it's only Richmond", we could get our pants pulled down, and poor Kenny will cop even more undeserved booing 🥴.

We're currently sitting 6th with 7 games to go. % behind 3rd and 1 game and % behind 2nd. We can make the finals without playing outrageously good football at this point. All of the teams we have to play have had recent poor losses.

And with a loss this week they could be out of the 8 at the conclusion of this round.

I have no faith in this team to roll their sleeves up when the going gets tough, simply because they have not proven they can do it over a large sample size.

Last edited:
I wouldn't completely write off a Richmond win next week. They've already beaten the Crows here - if we rock up thinking "pfft - it's only Richmond", we could get our pants pulled down, and poor Kenny will cop even more undeserved booing 🥴.
stress not..
we're after draft pick position + we only got 2 quarters in us.. power by plenty

In the end very few people at the club really care about being successful, they just want to do enough to keep getting paid.

And that's the magic of clubs that have enduringly strong cultures such as Sydney or Geelong. Somehow in the context of very highly paid jobs you need to get everyone to aspire to a common goal and to sacrifice and do their bit to make it happen.

Loser clubs like Port just go through the motions. Winning a premiership is a far too lofty goal to actually measure yourself by. It is seen internally similar to the way the Socceroos camp would feel about lifting the World Cup trophy - oh that would be super nice, but it's never going to happen (that last bit is never said out loud of course, but it's felt by everyone).

This is why until we achieve a cultural paradigm shift we will never, ever win a premiership or even go close to winning one. We are a St Kilda tier make up the numbers club. And despite opposition fans telling us that's just our natural place in the pecking order, our club is free to choose exactly what type of club it wants to be and has chosen this path.

The ol’ Port Adelaide Paradox:

‘To be negative is a sin, but to be defeatist is a virtue’

It’s an excommunicable offence to say we cannot win a flag under Ken Hinkley specifically, despite a club and league record 12 years of evidence.

But it’s perfectly okay to say the club is too small, too poor, too disadvantaged, too lacking in talent, and too existentially encumbered by being a member of the AFL with its supposedly impossible degree of difficulty [especially as opposed to the SANFL], to ever win a flag without the stars completely aligning and enjoying an utter fluke of myriad optimum circumstances.

A once-in-a-century pandemic where Port were able to go about their lives freely while their Prelim opponents were locked up in hotels and ferried around the country for weeks, with a twice-in-120 years-and-never-again neutral territory Grand Final in Perth on offer after that, didn’t meet that criteria. Clearly.

And if you even suggest that Port should’ve achieved more than it has in relation to the season-by-season opportunities it has earned — either in the totality of the AFL journey or the Hinkley Era specifically — you’re openly derided as a delusional moron who doesn’t understand the baked-in impossibilities of being Port Adelaide in the national competition.

Football Committee Member and aspiring Board Member, Dom Cassisi subscribes to this paradigm, “I get annoyed because the fans don’t understand how hard it is”.

The unelected Chairman, David Koch, does too, “little club from Alberton”.

The previous CEO, Keith Thomas, did too, sending out a mailer appealing to lapsed members more in keeping with an aspirant charity: ‘our peers are too big, we can’t compete, we need you back to have any hope’.

The head coach, Ken Hinkley, regularly bemoans ‘luck’, ‘tough competition’, and demands kudos for merely getting close: “don’t judge us on one game, judge us on the collective”.

Ollie Wines and Connor Rozee define success as winning more than we lose, the latter recently dismissing supporter criticism as coming with the territory of the ups and downs of an AFL footy club.

Rucci, Kane, Dwayne, Whateley & Caro churn out propaganda to cement all of this nonsense on a weekly basis.

At this point they should just save us all the trouble and rebrand to Port Adelaide Paralysis, so we can make a clean break and get on with our lives while the remaining suckholes can enjoy the scarf’n’sway singalong in pathetic peace.

The ol’ Port Adelaide Paradox:

‘To be negative is a sin, but to be defeatist is a virtue’

It’s an excommunicable offence to say we cannot win a flag under Ken Hinkley specifically, despite a club and league record 12 years of evidence.

But it’s perfectly okay to say the club is too small, too poor, too disadvantaged, too lacking in talent, and too existentially encumbered by being a member of the AFL with its supposedly impossible degree of difficulty [especially as opposed to the SANFL], to ever win a flag without the stars completely aligning and enjoying an utter fluke of myriad optimum circumstances.

A once-in-a-century pandemic where Port were able to go about their lives freely while their Prelim opponents were locked up in hotels and ferried around the country for weeks, with a twice-in-120 years-and-never-again neutral territory Grand Final in Perth on offer after that, didn’t meet that criteria. Clearly.

And if you even suggest that Port should’ve achieved more than it has in relation to the season-by-season opportunities it has earned — either in the totality of the AFL journey or the Hinkley Era specifically — you’re openly derided as a delusional moron who doesn’t understand the baked-in impossibilities of being Port Adelaide in the national competition.

Football Committee Member and aspiring Board Member, Dom Cassisi subscribes to this paradigm, “I get annoyed because the fans don’t understand how hard it is”.

The unelected Chairman, David Koch, does too, “little club from Alberton”.

The previous CEO, Keith Thomas, did too, sending out a mailer appealing to lapsed members more in keeping with an aspirant charity: ‘our peers are too big, we can’t compete, we need you back to have any hope’.

The head coach, Ken Hinkley, regularly bemoans ‘luck’, ‘tough competition’, and demands kudos for merely getting close: “don’t judge us on one game, judge us on the collective”.

Ollie Wines and Connor Rozee define success as winning more than we lose, the latter recently dismissing supporter criticism as coming with the territory of the ups and downs of an AFL footy club.

Rucci, Kane, Dwayne, Whateley & Caro churn out propaganda to cement all of this nonsense on a weekly basis.

At the point they should just save us all the trouble and rebrand to Port Adelaide Paralysis, so we can make a clean break and get on with our lives while the remaining suckholes can enjoy the scarf’n’sway singalong in pathetic peace.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only bit here that I disagree with is that the Socceroos have a lot more belief that they'll be able to win a World Cup, and make a lot less excuses than Port do, despite the fact that their mountain is 100x harder to climb. Twice in the last 20 years they've progressed to a knockout game against the eventual champion, and in both of those games they went down to the absolute wire. They don't attack their own fans either.

We're a level of pissweak that's almost unheard of in any sport globally.
Don't attack their own fans? Have you not met the FFA before?

I'm done with this club completely if this happens.

Could this be anymore Ken.

The guy averaged 3 touches a game before he was dropped and took someone out.

****ing hell make him prove himself!?

View attachment 2043280
If this happens, you can safely put money on a Suns win on Sunday.

Crazy to think that Hinkley when he gets sacked is also entitled to long service leave.
Shouldn't apply in this case, because Hinkley has only ever served Hinkley - he's never given Port Adelaide any service.

This looks familiar, in the three year leading up to 2004, when we were branded the chokers, lots of talk was about not winning a flag under Mark Williams.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

This looks familiar, in the three year leading up to 2004, when we were branded the chokers, lots of talk was about not winning a flag under Mark Williams.
Yep a lot of people have short memories. I remember when we went out in straight sets in 2002 and 2003.

If you were going to arbitrarily compare one block of time with another, why is it Port 2001-2004 vs Port 2020-2023? Why not the Western Bulldogs 2008-2011?

Or if you like larger sample sizes, why not compare Hinkley’s 12 years of performance against any other coaches who have served that time. Did anyone hold on that long and fall over the line to win a flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back