Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a finals clause in his contract he signed in 2017. It stated that if he took Port to the finals in any of the 2018, 2019 or 2020 seasons, he would be awarded with a contract extension for the 2021 season.

He did not have a finals clause in his contract he signed in early 2021, and he doesn't have a finals clause in his contract which he signed last year.
We are an inept organisation.

I suppose that’ll be a good problem to have as it’ll mean we’ll be premiers, but still 😂😂

Interesting position from someone who is apparently blocked by the club on social media.

Was there some global event where we hoovered up every sanctimonious, hypocritical moron alive?

What if Port make finals between now and the end of his current contract?

I read about the finals clause on here somewhere eg if Port make finals it triggers a clause that entitles Hinkley to a contract extension.
If true then it explains why Koch specifically mentioned August multiple times last year.
You logic is seriously flawed.

If making finals last season automatically triggered a contract extension then there was no decision on an extension to be made by Koch.

I played footy with Ken's nephew at Bell Park.

So I’m getting selectively tagged by you on the main board because you have a loose connection with this muppet via the pinnacle of his entire football career 21 years ago in Buttf#%k, East Horsham?

Figures.

So I’m getting selectively tagged by you on the main board because you have a loose connection with this muppet via the pinnacle of his entire football career 21 years ago in Buttf#%k, East Horsham?

Figures.
Those Bell Park connections mate you'd think they were Div 1 in a global jobbies league.

FMD, don’t get wobbly at the knees now Warren. His untenable call was the best thing to happen to this club in a decade as it put Ken squarely under the microscope - where he deserved to be, and where he has remained ever since. He should be proud of being one of the few with the guts to make the comment.

Unbelievable win Saturday night but we have still achieved officially ****-all, if anything it only ramps up the pressure on Hinkley as it shows we clearly have a playing group good enough to go deep. Not sure why people are starting to walk back comments or use an early-August win as a “gotcha” moment. Proves nothing.

FMD, don’t get wobbly at the knees now Warren. His untenable call was the best thing to happen to this club in a decade as it put Ken squarely under the microscope - where he deserved to be, and where he has remained ever since. He should be proud of being one of the few with the guts to make the comment.

Unbelievable win Saturday night but we have still achieved officially ****-all, if anything it only ramps up the pressure on Hinkley as it shows we clearly have a playing group good enough to go deep. Not sure why people are starting to walk back comments or use an early-August win as a “gotcha” moment. Proves nothing.

Yeesh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could win the last 3 games and still won't be favourites. The bookies are more cluey than kerns propaganda wing. We've rightly not been rated a serious threat despite multiple top 4 finishes

Media be like "kerny is a genius" then predict us to miss the 8 at the start of the year

We're pretenders until we prove otherwise
I put media favouritism in the same league as the bookies or intelligent footy fans understanding where a team is actually 'at'. It's just another source of pressure, and arguably the biggest source of pressure.

I'm not complimenting our team, I'm merely pointing out that going 3-0 or 4-0 is going to carry GF speculation and the pressure that comes with it. Going 4-0 into finals, in this of all seasons, will shorten your odds. I agree that BL/WBD look the better sides right now - but that's not really my point either.

Ken could run for Governor of Minnesota, they're on the lookout for a football coach.

Then it's just a short hop to the Vice presidency. ;)

77372af7eefe54cb1b598048ec77185f

6 qtrs ago we were down 5 goals after losing to the Gold Coast and needing 4 qtr to beat an awful tigers team

Now people believe we can possibly win the flag fmd

Talk about being a prisoner of the moment 😆
I feel like the sudden shift to 'oh we could win the flag if we go on a run here' is a lot to do with the fact that there are no standout teams this season, the fact we've just played our best 6 quarters of the season, and that unconscious flicker of hope that you get sometimes as a football fan.

To be in the top 4, with three winnable games to play and the rest of the top 8 looking very average (with the exception of maybe Brisbane and Footscray, both of whom have shown that they're beatable this season), most supporter bases would be absolutely sky high on the possibility of winning the flag. I'm sure there is a part of our brains which is dreaming saying "yeah, this could be our year, everyone else sucks and we're playing better now", but I think most of us then catch ourselves to suppress that thought and remind ourselves that we've seen this movie so many times before. The happy clappers of the world aren't able to catch themselves and recognise that we've seen this before.

We've seen us go into the finals having sat at the top of the ladder each round and blown it. We've seen us lose at home to a team of hotel detainees when going in as unbackable favourites. We've seen us go into the finals on the back of solid H&A form and completely shit the bed. We've seen the coach be absolutely dead to rights only to slither his way into a new contract. You can't trust them when it matters, and that circumstantial flicker of hope is dangerous because its the hope that kills you.

I loathe Ken Hinkley, I loathe the sycophants and protectors he has around him, I loathe that the club has spent the best part of the last 5 years potting the fanbase for demanding some level of accountability. I wish this iteration of the club weren't so difficult to like, and I wish we'd moved him on last season so we could go into this finals series with genuine hope.

Do I want to win the premiership and be "I told you so'd" into oblivion? Absolutely. All any of us want as fans is to win the premiership - again and again and again.

Do I think it will happen under this coach? I'm not getting my hopes up

Do I want to win the premiership and be "I told you so'd" into oblivion? Absolutely. All any of us want as fans is to win the premiership - again and again and again.

Do I think it will happen under this coach? I'm not getting my hopes up
If you "look at the data" it's as plain as the nose on our esteemed chairman's face that at best we will fall short in finals, most likely to a team we had the measure of during the season, say Carlton or Sydney
That's Kenny's Pordelade Foodbawl™

If you "look at the data" it's as plain as the nose on our esteemed chairman's face that at best we will fall short in finals, most likely to a team we had the measure of during the season, say Carlton or Sydney
That's Kenny's Pordelade Foodbawl™
I don't disagree, I was more just trying to explain why I thought there may have been a spike in sudden "we could win the flag" sentiment.

Said to my mates on Sunday that I'd not back us to beat Sydney or Carlton in any return match ups in the finals.

We've seen this movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back