Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken could run for Governor of Minnesota, they're on the lookout for a football coach.

Then it's just a short hop to the Vice presidency. ;)

77372af7eefe54cb1b598048ec77185f
The only one with a brain in U.S

One thing I have noticed is, all this week from the "afl media best in the biz" they repeat the same sheet over and over.

To all the Port fans who booed Ken a few weeks back take a good look at yourselves the egg on your face is drippin

Closely followed by

Do we give port enough credit?
Nah I don't trust port they have shown they fail in finals. I don't know if they are a serious threat just yet.

This has been the theme all week 😆

There was a finals clause in his contract he signed in 2017. It stated that if he took Port to the finals in any of the 2018, 2019 or 2020 seasons, he would be awarded with a contract extension for the 2021 season.

He did not have a finals clause in his contract he signed in early 2021, and he doesn't have a finals clause in his contract which he signed last year.
Super depressing stuff.

It really shows you how low the bar has been set at Alberton recently.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is, all this week from the "afl media best in the biz" they repeat the same sheet over and over.

To all the Port fans who booed Ken a few weeks back take a good look at yourselves the egg on your face is drippin

Closely followed by

Do we give port enough credit?
Nah I don't trust port they have shown they fail in finals. I don't know if they are a serious threat just yet.

This has been the theme all week 😆
All week?
This has been what we have been enduring for years now

So I’m getting selectively tagged by you on the main board because you have a loose connection with this muppet via the pinnacle of his entire football career 21 years ago in Buttf#%k, East Horsham?

Figures.
You have been critical of Port's ability to beat top 4 sides, which is why I was asking for your opinion about their performance against Sydney.
Those Bell Park connections mate you'd think they were Div 1 in a global jobbies league.
Geelong and Western Victoria is arguably the strongest footy region in the entire country, which is why people from Melbourne are jealous of us.

The Media: "To all the fans that booed Kenny! How do you feel now", also The Media: "Jeez Sydney were horrible. How bad were Sydney? Carlton, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs Geelong, yada yada yada..."

Ken's done such a great job it doesn't warrant one iotas analysis huh?

You have been critical of Port's ability to beat top 4 sides, which is why I was asking for your opinion about their performance against Sydney.

Geelong and Western Victoria is arguably the strongest footy region in the entire country, which is why people from Melbourne are jealous of us.
No one gives a shit about Bell Park mate it's about as relevant as the egg & spoon race in primary school.

I suppose that’ll be a good problem to have as it’ll mean we’ll be premiers, but still 😂😂

TrUe BeLiEvErS gatekeeping the “Ken haters” now lol.

Did it ever occur to these dopes that there might actually be some connection between accountability and performance? Every person who booed Ken after the Lions embarrassment will celebrate his success if it comes to pass and there’s not a damn thing the Kenthusiasts can do about it.

Yeah, no. You snidely namechecked me out of context and then refused to address my reply to you as usual. It’s pathetic.

No one gives a shit about Bell Park mate it's about as relevant as the egg & spoon race in primary school.
About as relevant as Tapers opinions on Port.

Surely him shit posting on the main board is enough without us having to put up with it here too.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken could run for Governor of Minnesota, they're on the lookout for a football coach.

Then it's just a short hop to the Vice presidency. ;)

77372af7eefe54cb1b598048ec77185f
When I lived in Minnesota the governor was a sexual tyrannosaurus.

My opinion is that it is one win against a mountain of losses against top four sides and so that win nudges up the 18% performance rating of beating top four sides by a whisker.

Wen

We probably win the next three. Has that feel to it this year.

In saying that the Hawks would account for us no problems - they are a very even and well drilled team. They could go deep this year if they get in.

Brisbane will win it for me.
Think you're right re Brisbane.

I feel like the sudden shift to 'oh we could win the flag if we go on a run here' is a lot to do with the fact that there are no standout teams this season, the fact we've just played our best 6 quarters of the season, and that unconscious flicker of hope that you get sometimes as a football fan.

To be in the top 4, with three winnable games to play and the rest of the top 8 looking very average (with the exception of maybe Brisbane and Footscray, both of whom have shown that they're beatable this season), most supporter bases would be absolutely sky high on the possibility of winning the flag. I'm sure there is a part of our brains which is dreaming saying "yeah, this could be our year, everyone else sucks and we're playing better now", but I think most of us then catch ourselves to suppress that thought and remind ourselves that we've seen this movie so many times before. The happy clappers of the world aren't able to catch themselves and recognise that we've seen this before.

We've seen us go into the finals having sat at the top of the ladder each round and blown it. We've seen us lose at home to a team of hotel detainees when going in as unbackable favourites. We've seen us go into the finals on the back of solid H&A form and completely shit the bed. We've seen the coach be absolutely dead to rights only to slither his way into a new contract. You can't trust them when it matters, and that circumstantial flicker of hope is dangerous because its the hope that kills you.

I loathe Ken Hinkley, I loathe the sycophants and protectors he has around him, I loathe that the club has spent the best part of the last 5 years potting the fanbase for demanding some level of accountability. I wish this iteration of the club weren't so difficult to like, and I wish we'd moved him on last season so we could go into this finals series with genuine hope.

Do I want to win the premiership and be "I told you so'd" into oblivion? Absolutely. All any of us want as fans is to win the premiership - again and again and again.

Do I think it will happen under this coach? I'm not getting my hopes up
This is what I don’t get. Apparently we as a fan base cheer the losses, which is utterly ridiculous. All we want is to win games, to win a flag. But by being critical of the coaching staff, we now somehow are cheering for the team to lose?

Mental gymnastics

I was convinced of that, until this year, when I sat through the Geelong, Hawthorn and Carlton games, etc without any excitement. I'm not saying I definitely wont get into it if we make a GF, but I am saying it feels different now, and investing myself into our fortunes has proven such a waste of time that I'm not even sure if I could do it if we made the GF anymore, as I don't believe in a million years we'd actually win it. So why believe in something when in your mind, there is no chance.

We need a new coach to change things up and open up the desire to want to believe in hope again.
It's sounds weird & even ridiculous but it feels like repeat trauma. Maybe the newer players that haven't been infected by Kens negativity will make the difference this year.

This is what I don’t get. Apparently we as a fan base cheer the losses, which is utterly ridiculous. All we want is to win games, to win a flag. But by being critical of the coaching staff, we now somehow are cheering for the team to lose?

Mental gymnastics
Yep, the thinking is bordering on totally disingenuous, and we get it from both external parties (media, opposition fans) and the "club can do no wrong" faction of our supporter base who've been emboldened by the club potting the fans who've been critical of the last 12 years.

Being critical of underperformance is not barracking for failure, you're trying to point out that the status quo isn't good enough. By being critical in order to demand accountability you're trying to make sure the same mistakes aren't repeated over and over and over.

The club has been so insular in the past decade as to walk past valid criticism from the supporter base - criticism that in the past drove standards to the point where our results were the envy of Australian football and propelled us into the national competition.

We are so far away from accountable that the club is unrecognisable from what made it successful in the first place.

We get a bump in performance every time there is serious criticism or people are almost held accountable for underperformance, then we have a few wins and it's thrown in our faces as though we were wrong to point out the shortcomings. Wash, rinse, repeat.

lol had a memory pop up in Facebook this morning that had an out of context comment from Doctor Feel saying "Sack Hinkley"

The post was from 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back