Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane....

The Power Outage: A Tale of Mud, Missteps, and a Royal Flush​

In the annals of footy history, the Port Adelaide Power team has always been a force to reckon with. But in a recent match that could only be described as a comedy of errors, the Power found themselves short-circuited, not by the opposition, but by their own sideline shenanigans.

The man at the centre of this debacle? None other than Ken Hinkley, or as he’s affectionately known in the locker room, ‘Stinkley’ or ‘Stinkers’. Now, Stinkers was supposed to be a humble mud remover, a man whose sole job was to ensure the players’ boots were free of mud, using nothing but his tongue. A task, one might argue, that requires a certain level of dedication and a complete lack of taste buds.

However, Stinkers decided that his role needed an upgrade. He took it upon himself to offer some unsolicited coaching advice to the team. His strategy? “Relax, chill out, and waste time.” A mantra more suited to a beach holiday than a high-stakes footy match.

This didn’t sit well with the real coach, Josh Carr. A man who believes in action, agility, and absolutely no time-wasting. The tension between Carr and Stinkers came to a head in the most unlikely of places - the club toilets.

As the story goes, Carr confronted Stinkers about his interference. The argument, much like the toilets themselves, was anything but clean. Words were exchanged, accusations were thrown, and the echo of a flushing toilet provided the dramatic soundtrack to their showdown.

In the end, Carr decided to give Stinkers a lesson he wouldn’t forget. With a swift move that would have been impressive on the field, Carr gave Stinkers a ‘royal flush’. No, not the poker hand, but a dunk in the toilet that left Stinkers sputtering and, for once, speechless.

In the aftermath of the ‘Royal Flush Incident’, the Power team has rallied together, vowing to keep their focus on the field rather than the sidelines. As for Stinkers, he’s back to his mud-removing duties, a little wetter behind the ears and hopefully, a lot wiser.

So, the next time the Power team takes to the field, remember this tale. A reminder that in footy, as in life, it’s not just about the players, but also about those on the sidelines. And sometimes, all it takes is a royal flush to put things into perspective.

Maybe thats the real story.

Ken wants to quit but hes being held against his will in a dungeon below alberton which is why his social and oratory skills suck. Hes getting fritzled.

Melbourne at the g won't be easy

**** me dead what an absolute loser. Pre loading the excuses already. Just get out you pathetic fraud.

It’s nuts. Like, we get it. It’s the AFL. You can’t be complacent. There are no easy games. Blah blah blah.

But he sells that message in the most miserable, pessimistic, “I’m clearly opening the door for a ‘hey! don’t blame me! I warned them!’ post-match presser smirkathon! wink” way.

"We only have to look at the ladder," Port Adelaide senior coach Ken Hinkley said

Yes you loser, Melbourne are 12th on the ladder but you're scared of playing them.

"Last time we got beat"

But that was with a completely different list to the one you've got now, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said I have never seen any professional sporting club constantly message to its supporters how hard it is to win it all and be grateful for what they have.
It's super repetitive. You can almost synchronise your watch by it.

They tend to talk to the Happy Clappers and set expectations really low.

I mean we just bet the top team on the ladder by over 100 points and not even a hint of swagger. Kenny Average really should be heightening expectations within the group. This week we are playing a depleted Melbourne team who is out of form and all you get is droll tidings.

Yeah, no. You snidely namechecked me out of context and then refused to address my reply to you as usual. It’s pathetic.
I replied to you twice in that thread actually.

The performance from Sydney tonight shows that Sydney aren't going as badly as everyone has been saying, and that last week says more about how good Port were rather than Sydney being bad.

I replied to you twice in that thread actually.

The performance from Sydney tonight shows that Sydney aren't going as badly as everyone has been saying, and that last week says more about how good Port were rather than Sydney being bad.

Collingwood are 11th. Sydney falling over the line against them isn't impressive.

How well we're going now has no bearing on our chances of winning in finals, that should be obvious after 12 seasons.

We dealt with this exact bullshit last year about how well we were going during the streak™ and then bombed out hard in straight sets when it mattered.

Try some pattern recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back