Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to thinking this morning.

When Tredders laid the "untenable" moniker on Ken and the club - we went on a winning streak. 👍🙂

We extended Hillbilly Hank's contract - we folded. 👎😟

This year the fans booed Ken - we've gone on a winning streak. 🙂👍

Anyone connect the dots here?

Supporters demand a mindset of real honesty, accountability and success. When that happens, we get the response we crave ❤️👍🥇

When the club, media, happy clappers call us not true supporters and to get out, and the club backs a lifetime loser whilst going on it's merry way - we descend to mediocrity again 🤢🤕😠

That's NOT the Port Adelaide way 👎

All power to TRUE Port supporters venting their spleen to players, coaches and unelected officials - whenever and wherever, just like the good old days.

The days of molly coddling of individuals, of setting standards artificially low via defining success against limp wristed concepts of mediocrity, of re-writing history by air brushing the truth out, and of empty platitudes for jobs poorly done - must cease.

Let's get back to some brutal honesty. There is no hypocrisy in salvaging poor performance, then lauding good achievements.
That's completely justified.
That's a case of "you do bad, you fop the wrath - you do good, it's credit where credit is due". No more. No less.

So people - continue to celebrate our victories. But just as much, continue to call out our failures:
Without fear.
With passion.
Demanding of real, no-stone-unturned, honest effort - every minute of every game, every year.
And victory.

It's the only chance you have to orchestrate any semblance of what we all desire.

May that NEVER, EVER stop people!

When Tredders laid the "untenable" moniker on Ken and the club - we went on a winning streak. 👍🙂

Supporters demand a mindset of real honesty, accountability and success. When that happens, we get the response we crave ❤️👍🥇

When the club, media, happy clappers call us not true supporters and to get out, and the club backs a lifetime loser whilst going on it's merry way - we descend to mediocrity again 🤢🤕😠

All power to TRUE Port supporters venting their spleen to players, coaches and unelected officials - whenever and wherever, just like the good old days.

The days of molly coddling of individuals, of setting standards artificially low via defining success against limp wristed concepts of mediocrity, of re-writing history by air brushing the truth out, and of empty platitudes for jobs poorly done - must cease.

Let's get back to some brutal honesty. There is no hypocrisy in salvaging poor performance, then lauding good achievements.
That's a case of "you do bad, you fop the wrath - you do good, it's credit where credit is due". No more. No less.

So people - continue to celebrate our victories. But just as much, continue to call out our failures:
Without fear.
With passion.
Demanding of real, no-stone-unturned, honest effort - every minute of every game, every year.
And victory.

It's the only chance you have to orchestrate any semblance of what we all desire.

That's why it's imperative we get rid of Hinkley, Koch, Davies and Richardson. They are the embodiment of exactly what we are fighting against.

Without fear.
With passion.
And victory.

Yep. If Ken's been consistent in one thing and one thing only, it's that he performs at his best when the screws are being tightened.

Another Sack Hinkley sticker would go a treat right now. Don't think you're getting out of this because you won a few regular season games. We still hate you.

If they bring in the Wildcard Round then we’ll never, ever be able to get rid of him.

If they had it since 2013 then we would have only ever missed the “finals” once under Hinkley (2022).

Technically, the wild card round isn't considered finals, is it?

Technically, the wild card round isn't considered finals, is it?
I’m pretty sure that in the American sports that the AFL are trying to emulate the wildcard games are considered a part of the playoffs.

I think you would have to count them as part of the finals rather than H&A because just like the finals you wouldn’t know the participants until after the home and away season has concluded.

I’m pretty sure that in the American sports that the AFL are trying to emulate the wildcard games are considered a part of the playoffs.

I think you would have to count them as part of the finals rather than H&A because just like the finals you wouldn’t know the participants until after the home and away season has concluded.

The AFL have gone "look! Americans have a 'wildcard' round for their football, let's do the same, more games, more money!"

When the reality is that the NFL's wildcard weekend is not so much a "wildcard" but it allows the non-division winning three best teams in each conference a chance to participate in the playoffs. Otherwise, out of 32 teams, only 8 would make the post season.

The NBA introduced the play in tournament because too many teams were being ruled out of the playoff race early in the season, and thus a large chunk of them were tanking. By adding the 4 additional slots there it has reduced the number of teams tanking.

There is no tanking problem in the AFL, nor is there a problem where there needs to be more than half of the teams in the league making the playoffs. In a league of 18 teams, 8 is a perfect number for the finals. There is zero reason to change it outside of it being a money ploy by the league, and even then I would imagine there are much better ways to monetise the league than 2 "blockbusters" (and I use that term satirically) between 7v10 and 8v9 on the ladder.

There is no tanking problem in the AFL, nor is there a problem where there needs to be more than half of the teams in the league making the playoffs. In a league of 18 teams, 8 is a perfect number for the finals. There is zero reason to change it outside of it being a money ploy by the league, and even then I would imagine there are much better ways to monetise the league than 2 "blockbusters" (and I use that term satirically) between 7v10 and 8v9 on the ladder.

It's not about the 18 team league though, it's about the 20 team league that is coming. 8 of 20 is a pretty low number in a sense and will result in a lot of teams being out of business with many games left to play and too many dead rubbers. That's primarily what it's about.

It doesn't bother me at all. It's pretty arbitrary to say that 8 teams is fine but 10 isn't, especially with how uneven the AFL fixture is. I'd say most seasons there isn't much difference between the teams ranked about 7th to 12th. In the end one of the top few teams will still win the flag (as they do now), it just keeps everyone else interested and engaged in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about the 18 team league though, it's about the 20 team league that is coming. 8 of 20 is a pretty low number in a sense and will result in a lot of teams being out of business with many games left to play and too many dead rubbers. That's primarily what it's about.

It doesn't bother me at all. It's pretty arbitrary to say that 8 teams is fine but 10 isn't, especially with how uneven the AFL fixture is. I'd say most seasons there isn't much difference between the teams ranked about 7th to 12th. In the end one of the top few teams will still win the flag (as they do now), it just keeps everyone else interested and engaged in the meantime.

If it was about the idea of a 20 team comp it wouldn't be floated by the AFL until the establishment of the 20th team - which may still be closer to a decade away if not longer.

And at that point, it would definitely be at least worth discussing the merits of an additional team or two making the finals.

That they want to introduce it next year though is farcical. More than half of the teams making finals is a ridiculous proposition.

It should be like MasterChef where the producers brought back Poh after she'd been eliminated and she went on to be runner up. The AFL could pick a popular team, or two. that didn't qualify for finals and put them in the finals.

Why stop there though. Any team that wins a game during the season by more than 10 goals could get an indemnity pin that they can use to avoid being eliminated in a knockout final.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways the AFL can make finals more interesting.

I don't have a problem with a wildcard round, given the upcoming expansion. Giving clubs something to play for in the back half of the season is a good thing. A week where 7th plays 10th and 8th plays 9th is fine by me.

Is anyone listening to the ****ing dibble that these hacks on Armchair experts are saying about Hinkley. Wank feast central on 7.

Bounce was the same after the Crows-Dogs game finished.

“Port Adelaide up into second! Kenny Hinkley, what a legend!”

— Cam Mooney​

It should be like MasterChef where the producers brought back Poh after she'd been eliminated and she went on to be runner up. The AFL could pick a popular team, or two. that didn't qualify for finals and put them in the finals.

Why stop there though. Any team that wins a game during the season by more than 10 goals could get an indemnity pin that they can use to avoid being eliminated in a knockout final.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways the AFL can make finals more interesting.
I'm sure they were hoping Carlton finished top so they could bring back the old VFL 'right of challenge' where if the minor premier loses in the finals they get to play the winner of the Grand Final the week after the Grand Final, and the winner of that Challenge Final is the premier. Like giving the minor premier an AFL version of the WWE's Money in the Bank briefcase.

A whole 'nother Grand Final, the AFL and the broadcasters are sure to love that!

Bounce was the same after the Crows-Dogs game finished.

“Port Adelaide up into second! Kenny Hinkley, what a legend!”

— Cam Mooney​
That was another "I loVe kENny" quote from Geelong sycophant Cam Mooney though.

Whilst we're on Bounce, jeebus I hate Ben Dixon. The most unfunny, self-adoring, unachiever on telly.

I don't have an issue with Cam Mooney cheering for his mate. A few weeks ago he said he understands why Port supporters are annoyed and that 12 years without a flag is a long time. The problem is when his other media mates can't separate their personal relationship with him from objective commentary on the broader topic of Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back