Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have the gut feeling that if Port win the premiership this season then Kenny will step down on good terms, possibly taking another role in Port (if it's true that Kochie might be looking at a job in the AFL?)

Also that Boaky would retire too.

Otherwise if they just make preliminary or GF then they will see out the last year of ken's contract and hand over.
You never know but he's always seemed to talk about how he loves coming to work every day.

I don't personally see it.

I was informed by a Fremantle fan (of all people) earlier today that this is the weakest squad assembled under Hinkley, which apparently makes our second placed finish to the minor round even more remarkable. 🥴
When Ken arrived we had as mid options Boak, Wines (fresh on the list), Cornes, Cassisi, Hammer and Mitchell being fed by Brent flapping Renouf, or God bless him Jackson Trengove. Fair to say JHF, Butters, Rozee, Drew, Wines, Boak playing to Soldo or Sweet is a smidge of an upgrade.

Let's face it, he's in a strong position right now. Win the first final and I reckon he'd only need a competitive performance in the prelim to keep his job. Barring straight sets or a prelim meltdown (both of which are possible, mind you), he's going to be coach next year.

Yeah, I like Chewy316 's post better.

I was informed by a Fremantle fan (of all people) earlier today that this is the weakest squad assembled under Hinkley, which apparently makes our second placed finish to the minor round even more remarkable. 🥴

Kernys coaching at the top of his game. He might take that west coast list to a flag next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane were 13th going into that game, and were on track to roll us by 100 points at Adelaide Oval before the game petered out.

The same ‘list/squad/team’ that would be capable of rolling the eventual minor premier by 112 points just six weeks later.

In the proceeding booing firestorm, Chris Davies suggested the list might not be good enough, Kane Cornes praised him for his honesty, and then pilloried Warren Tredrea for disagreeing with Davies’ assessment on 5AA.

View attachment 2092411

Spoiler alert: whatever semantics regarding “list” or “team”, it’s not a talent problem. it’s never been a talent problem.

And you’re obviously here looking for schadenfreudian serotonin in regards to an alleged vindication of Hinkley?

Make it make sense.
Two things here:
  • What if Tredders hadn't uttered the word untenable in April 2023?
  • What if the Port fans hadn't booed the coach at the Brisbane game?
My question - would we be where we are today? I'd like to offer a firm no: the lack of accountability would be far worse than it is today. Now I do realise that we still haven't actually won anything yet, and season 2024 may yet turn to crap, but I firmly believe that we're far closer to the holy grail than we would have been if Tredders and the fans hadn't publicly voiced their views.

I think even if we straight set it he’ll be coach next year now

Yeah that won't happen.

There are some decision makers at the Club who want him gone even if they make the prelim and falter - was described to me as a move that would be "ruthless" but most definitely within the ethos of Port Adelaide.

It's paradoxical in a sense - you don't want to have the focus on Ken's future (I'd much rather it on the team), but keeping the pressure square on Ken has led to a significant uptick in team performance.

Yeah that won't happen.

There are some decision makers at the Club who want him gone even if they make the prelim and falter - was described to me as a move that would be "ruthless" but most definitely within the ethos of Port Adelaide.

It's paradoxical in a sense - you don't want to have the focus on Ken's future (I'd much rather it on the team), but keeping the pressure square on Ken has led to a significant uptick in team performance.
Hopefully, if we're good enough to make it, there's no "mission accomplished" style let down in the grand final. Keep the pressure on him the whole way through if that's what it takes

Hopefully, if we're good enough to make it, there's no "mission accomplished" style let down in the grand final. Keep the pressure on him the whole way through if that's what it takes

I suspect that if they make the Grand Final it will very much feel as though the monkey will be off their back and a pressure valve will be somewhat released - not too dissimilar to the 2004 side once they knocked over St. Kilda on that memorable Friday night.

This is a you problem.
If you can't acknowledge the irreversible damage the current administration has done to many rusted on fans' love for the club, I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah that won't happen.

‘ … some decision makers …’

You keep dangling this sort of prose.

Who the hell are you talking about?

Or are you just trying to make yourself look important?

If you can't acknowledge the irreversible damage the current administration has done to many rusted on fans' love for the club, I don't know what to tell you.

If you turn off after watching a potential GOAT player kick a goal because you don't like the coach, that's completely on you.

Allow some enjoyment in your life for Christ's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back