Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not enough bandwidth on the site, mate.
Look up the 9 diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the DSM 5 clinical manual. ( edited for accuracy )

Tell you what, I'll give you a starting point:
* Excessive histrionics - grabbing one's tie and performing a mock throttling action, and yelling "Allan Scott, you were wrong" .
See how many others you can identify.
The grabbing of the tie still makes me tear up to this day.

There's not enough bandwidth on the site, mate.
Look up the 9 diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the DSM 5 clinical manual. ( edited for accuracy )

Tell you what, I'll give you a starting point:
* Excessive histrionics - grabbing one's tie and performing a mock throttling action, and yelling "Allan Scott, you were wrong" .
See how many others you can identify.
Not a great start

Sorry , but I'm not aware of any post where I have lauded Hinkley either, merely mentioned a premiership at a Tier 1 AFL Barwon club which I have been advised is irrelevant in this discussion and I have accepted that.
I have simply made a comparison between his coaching performance over the journey as being - in my opinion - no worse than a previous coach who served for the same number of seasons for minimal success but who - again in my opinion - had many more weapons in his arsenal but failed to use them correctly to bring the success you should have had.
Not sure how your logic works, but in my logic that doesn't equate to lauding Hinkley. Nor does it equate to hating Williams, it is merely a football opinion. Which I am happy to debate when things are kept in perspective.
Your opinions are shit.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's very hard to reason with someone who thinks we're being unreasonable when that same person goes for a club whose current and previous coach won 2 flags each. ****ing spoilt campaigner.

Not bad. Can't argue with that unless he goes back to back next year.
This whole line of discussion makes me think of the last State election and the metaphor I came up with at the time.
You have a dog that continually chews up your slippers, digs up your lawn and shits on your carpet until eventually you get fed up and boot it out, but if it comes back whining and giving puppy dog eyes, you take it back willingly and call it a good dog despite the fact it wrecked your house.
Sorry folks, but that's all a bit over my head.

If you all would pay more attention, you would realize that Hinkley is a Geelong man; Choco is not.

this lighthouse needs to be uhh put out or whatever the hell you do with lighthouses
Burn It To The Ground GIF by Parker McCollum

Your basic logic is flawed.

Ken Hinkley 12 seasons - made a couple of Preliminary Final
Mark Williams - 10 seasons - win a Grand Final, lose a Grand Final, made many Preliminary Finals.

I am unsure if I've got everything correct.

In your opinion, how is that similar?

You do recognise that he has no logic to begin with. I am thinking it might be Ken at this point filling in his time during the bye week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember thinking earlier in the year that Hinkley could potentially coach us for longer than Mark Williams did.

Has that happened yet?

He's guaranteed to at least draw level with Choco by the end of our finals campaign. If we play 3 finals he goes ahead.

This single point forms perhaps my biggest critique of Williams' coaching.
Williams was very single minded in his ' Tredrea or bust ' game plan, despite having some pretty handy key forwards on the list during his tenure who could have been that reliable second pillar, and it was proven time and time again that it would not stand up when it counted.

I recall a game at the MCG in his first season against North when Port went in with Tredrea and Lockwood in tandem, they completely bamboozled the North defence and kicked ( I think ) 10 between them and Port lost by a goal, arguably attributed to a very dodgy free in the last minute to Peter Bell which was the difference.
For some weird reason the very next week Lockwood was dropped and never played again, and suffered a career ending back injury playing at Centrals, if my memory is correct.

This seemed to be a constant pattern, try it out for a week when one of the other forwards blitzed it in the SANFL, then when they proved to be a handy second pillar and outshone or complemented Tredrea, they were dropped straight back.

Re Lockwood ... the hallucinogens have warped your memory ... and then some.

Choco v Hinkley (Years 3 to 7)

Hinkley (2015-2019)

IMG_8225.jpeg
Finals: 1
Finals matches: 1
Finals record: 0-1
SF: 0
PF: 0
GF: 0
Flags: 0

Choco (2001-2005)
IMG_8224.jpeg
Finals: 5
Finals matches: 13
Finals record: 6-7
SF: 4
PF: 3
GF: 1
Flags: 1

Yes, let’s treat them equally.

Let’s pretend any coach with FIVE consecutive seasons like Hinkley had between 2015 and 2019 wouldn’t be unceremoniously FIRED in any other club.

If Choco had been treated like Hinkley, he would still be our coach today.

He's guaranteed to at least draw level with Choco by the end of our finals campaign. If we play 3 finals he goes ahead.

It's bananas that this has been allowed to happen. Choco outstayed his welcome despite the flag and GF and should have gone earlier than he did. Hinkley is unprecedented.

Re Lockwood ... the hallucinogens have warped your memory ... and then some.
I don’t know if Lockwood was dropped the week after but that tandem in that game absolutely rocked Nth Melb in the midst of their heyday. We should have won with him and Tredrea running rings around their vaunted defence. I thought it was going to be a sign of great things to come, but didn’t pan out that way unfortunately.

I don’t know if Lockwood was dropped the week after but that tandem in that game absolutely rocked Nth Melb in the midst of their heyday. We should have won with him and Tredrea running rings around their vaunted defence. I thought it was going to be a sign of great things to come, but didn’t pan out that way unfortunately.

Lockwood hurt the back against West Coast. It would flare up continuously. Otherwise he'd be in our best side. Apparently in a follow-up preseason his injury wasn't helped by the activities the players were made to do. Managing it was a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back