Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might swan over the Geelong board and talk about how much better Hawthorn were as a dynasty because Hodge was a better leader than Selwood and then claim that i'm being treated unfairly when I get told to **** off.
Mitchell >>>>> The sniper or duckwood

(does still count as an unpopular opinion when its about another club?)

FWIW - there was no intent at trolling or finger wagging on my part. As I said, my intentions were to participate in a balanced discussion.
You're looking for balanced discussion on a thread named SACK HINKLEY 11?
Rightio champ.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Choco v Hinkley (Years 3 to 7)

Hinkley (2015-2019)

View attachment 2098411
Finals: 1
Finals matches: 1
Finals record: 0-1
SF: 0
PF: 0
GF: 0
Flags: 0

Choco (2001-2005)
View attachment 2098414
Finals: 5
Finals matches: 13
Finals record: 6-7
SF: 4
PF: 3
GF: 1
Flags: 1

Yes, let’s treat them equally.

Let’s pretend any coach with FIVE consecutive seasons like Hinkley had between 2015 and 2019 wouldn’t be unceremoniously FIRED in any other club.

If Choco had been treated like Hinkley, he would still be our coach today.

To add to your last point Choco probably have a couple premierships to his name aswell unlike Kenny the jinks.

FWIW - there was no intent at trolling or finger wagging on my part. As I said, my intentions were to participate in a balanced discussion. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intention. I misjudged the mood and had my bum smacked. Lesson learned.
IF BF was around in the mid 80s I can assure you there would have been the same sort of threads on the Geelong board re: Tom Hafey, who arrived to massive fanfare in 1983 and delivered three miserable seasons before Edelsten gave him a big wad of cash and he took his bat and ball and nicked off to Sydney taking half the side with him. Geelong people copped it from Richmond and Collingwood types at the time and we were in the same boat - 20 odd years with no success, so I do get your venom at Hinkley.
You must be great at parties

It's 3pm the next day and you're still on the couch picking through pistachio shells after saying, I'll be on my way for 15 hours

How does one call a cab on LargeBall

FWIW - there was no intent at trolling or finger wagging on my part. As I said, my intentions were to participate in a balanced discussion. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intention. I misjudged the mood and had my bum smacked. Lesson learned.
IF BF was around in the mid 80s I can assure you there would have been the same sort of threads on the Geelong board re: Tom Hafey, who arrived to massive fanfare in 1983 and delivered three miserable seasons before Edelsten gave him a big wad of cash and he took his bat and ball and nicked off to Sydney taking half the side with him. Geelong people copped it from Richmond and Collingwood types at the time and we were in the same boat - 20 odd years with no success, so I do get your venom at Hinkley.

“I misjudged the mood,” the thread literally says Sack Hinkley 11. Haven’t you read any of the Sack Hinkley threads in last 11.5 years? You come in here with a massive weird gripe about Choco of all people. Then parade Ken as the second coming of Jesus Christ, then, in your words, “had your bum smacked.” So what do you expect? Any narrative anyone has ever driven about Ken in a positive manner in a football sense has been debunked. You are not the first and certainly not the last swine to come with their pro-Ken agenda. So now that once again every narrative has been debunked and you’ve got no leg to stand on, can you bugger off?

Honestly you are far from the worst opposition supporter we've had in here.

I think we're just so used to the full on trolls popping up in this thread every few months and berating us with whatever simplistic propaganda some footy talking head told them to think, that people in this thread have a way shorter patience for opposition fans in general.

I'd be classy and return your good luck but even if we do go out I'd still much prefer GWS to get it done if I'm being honest.
I don't know I've been given a week off Big Footy for saying things on the Crom board that are totally true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understood. Trolls are a pain in the arse everywhere. I certainly wasn't trolling the thread. I attempted to interject a reasoned argument and underestimated the depth of feeling. My mistake. Lesson learned.
Moreover I totally get your angst about the lack of premierships and how sore a point it is. Been there, done that. Not only at Geelong in the 70s and 80s, but my home club that went from 1975 to 2011 without one and from 1977 to 2010 without even one final. It sucks.
FWIW I don't think you will go out. I think you'll get past us and if you get those red and white assholes in a PF, I'll be backing you all the way. GWS is your biggest threat IMHO.
With Steve Johnson, Geelong's 1963 captain and David Parkin giving out the prizes on Grand Final Day I'm worried about Geelong, Carlton and Hawthorn

Have the media been too soft on Hinkley....

How about you ask that question......

And what changed after Tredrea's untenable?

After the booing?

Absolute opportunity for the club here to flip the script and back the fans by saying something along the lines of "maybe clubs need a clip over the ears every so often by those who we actually play for". Now let's get on the same page and give it an almighty shake.

Egos won't let that happen though better off to keep letting that wedge being driven so that next time we are shite (and it will happen it's rigged that way) and all you have left are the theatregoers and they don't come.

She mentioned on the AA sports show on Thursday, I think he's feeding her crap with the hope the media will create a backdoor new job for him in the event it all goes to shit.

He might be feeding this to Caro but this story has legs beyond that.

You're looking for balanced discussion on a thread named SACK HINKLEY 11?
Rightio champ.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
To be fair, I do have a balanced view of Hinkley - when I talk about him, I have a chip on BOTH shoulders :).

Kane Cornes on Footy Classified: "I think it's us-against-them. That's the way I would be going into this finals series and by "them" I am talking about the club's supporters."

Surely not?

If this is a real quote I think it might be the single dumbest thing Kane has ever said, and that is a high bar. His idea to motivate the team is to tell the players that those 50,000 screaming fans out there cheering on your every move are the enemy?

I'm not listenting. It's the same thing time and time again.

The story always goes like this:
a) 2011, 2012 - really bad, awful Port, tarps, folding, etc.;​
b) Hinkley arrives;​
c) 2013, 2014 - Port is exciting, making Finals, etc;​
d) [missing part];​
e) 2020, 2021, and so on - Port continues to win and to have Top-4 finishes.​
The 'd' above is the issue. You know... There's a really small, very tiny, irrelevant, and insignificant window of just FIVE YEARS that is always completely ignored solely because it doesn't fit into the chosen narrative.

The story is so much better without it, isn't it? Those FIVE YEARS don't allow it a proper flow. So, it must be cut off.

Imagine it. We lost a heartbreaking away PF against Hawthorn in 2014. Then, in the very next season (i.e. 2020), we came back stronger, won the Minor Premiership, got a home PF against a strong Richmond side who..., ahn..., who..., well..., nevermind, it was indeed a strong Richmond side, we are talking about Port, no need to go into details about the Tigers, just to lose in heartbreaking fashion again.

Doesn't it all make more sense when viewed like this? Thus, it's obvious that Port supporters have been absolutely and unfairly harsh on Hinkley.

---

If it's not that, then feel free to tell me. In such a case, maybe I could be convinced of giving it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back