Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do recognise that he has no logic to begin with. I am thinking it might be Ken at this point filling in his time during the bye week.
When I saw his recent posts on Hinkley, I didn't have the energy to deal with it and thought everyone else would pile on but I decided to do a quick dance with him but he ran away very quickly.

I thought it might've been Janus when he brought out the definition of the Narcissist stuff I just assumed he was a bored teenager.

When I saw his recent posts on Hinkley, I didn't have the energy to deal with it and thought everyone else would pile on but I decided to do a quick dance with him but he ran away very quickly.
No, mate, when the thread descended into personal vitriol and it became obvious objectivity wasn't part of the discussion, I pulled sticks. I don't engage in that shit. Good luck on Thursday.

This thread seems magnified in its criticism of Hinkley because the media fiercely protect his reputation as coach. There's nowhere for supporters to discuss or debate his poor record as coach anywhere as honestly or freely.

In contrast Choco was a rightful target in the years following the 2007 GF because there seemed a lot of club problems swept under the carpet. Rucci criticised him in article columns in the Advertiser frequently throughout 2008-2010 mainly addressing his unanswered form slump and flippant approach to selection.

Let’s pretend any coach with FIVE consecutive seasons like Hinkley had between 2015 and 2019 wouldn’t be unceremoniously FIRED in any other club.
Counterpoint:
IMG_6406.jpeg
Which in fact perfectly illustrates your point. Nicks’ 5 years (his first 5) began with a spoon. When you compare ‘20-‘24 Nicks to ‘15-‘19 Hinkley, you have to look at the preceding years as well. The Crows’ trajectory since the 2017 GF has been well documented, whereas for us we rose from 14th to a SF in Ken’s first year, got to a PF in his second, and had far more talented players and trade currency than what the Crows had. No excuse to have the next worst non-sackable 5 year period. None whatsoever.

Well I wish you answered the question but you ran.
I would have been more than happy to answer your question with a salient and reasoned response, but the immature personal vitriol just got too wearing and I don't think the thread needs to be hijacked any further by attracting more of it.
Good luck on Thursday.

I would have been more than happy to answer your question with a salient and reasoned response, but the immature personal vitriol just got too wearing and I don't think the thread needs to be hijacked any further by attracting more of it.
Good luck on Thursday.

Man enters thread making the same old tired arguments that have been debunked 1000 times before, claims victory on the basis of the other side's bad manners when he gets told to **** off. A tale as old as time.

Good luck on Thursday.
Honestly you are far from the worst opposition supporter we've had in here.

I think we're just so used to the full on trolls popping up in this thread every few months and berating us with whatever simplistic propaganda some footy talking head told them to think, that people in this thread have a way shorter patience for opposition fans in general.

I'd be classy and return your good luck but even if we do go out I'd still much prefer GWS to get it done if I'm being honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're just so used to the full on trolls popping up in this thread every few months and berating us with whatever simplistic propaganda some footy talking head told them to think, that people in this thread have a way shorter patience for opposition fans in general.

I'd be classy and return your good luck but even if we do go out I'd still much prefer GWS to get it done if I'm being honest.
Understood. Trolls are a pain in the arse everywhere. I certainly wasn't trolling the thread. I attempted to interject a reasoned argument and underestimated the depth of feeling. My mistake. Lesson learned.
Moreover I totally get your angst about the lack of premierships and how sore a point it is. Been there, done that. Not only at Geelong in the 70s and 80s, but my home club that went from 1975 to 2011 without one and from 1977 to 2010 without even one final. It sucks.
FWIW I don't think you will go out. I think you'll get past us and if you get those red and white assholes in a PF, I'll be backing you all the way. GWS is your biggest threat IMHO.

I take issue with "Ken Hinkley's men" but we need to be consistent around here. We can't swat the club for being negative and saying "finals are scary" and swat them with the other hand when we speak confidently saying "he's jinxed us". Let's make up our minds.
I will criticise David Koch for saying anything that isn't 'I resign'. Just shut the **** up entirely you speccy git.

I take issue with "Ken Hinkley's men" but we need to be consistent around here. We can't swat the club for being negative and saying "finals are scary" and swat them with the other hand when we speak confidently saying "he's jinxed us". Let's make up our minds.

Koch says whatever he thinks will get him the most exposure and favour.

Things have been going well with him shutting up and not making bombastic statements — that should’ve continued.

He's a troll though.

Agreed. No problems with "expecting to win".

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a troll though.
We're all trolls to some extent... I'm just saying he is miles ahead of for example that bloke that was convinced Port fans knew nothing about footy and Xavier Durrsma was gonna help us win the flag in 2024, or the people that used to come in here after every single Port H&A game with a variant on the "where are the hinkley haters now"... before conveniently disappearing again after the next big loss
Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

I might swan over the Geelong board and talk about how much better Hawthorn were as a dynasty because Hodge was a better leader than Selwood and then claim that i'm being treated unfairly when I get told to **** off.

I might swan over the Geelong board and talk about how much better Hawthorn were as a dynasty because Hodge was a better leader than Selwood and then claim that i'm being treated unfairly when I get told to **** off.

That’s the thing. It’s easy to dismiss it as ‘trolling’ because it’s so ludicrously entitled coming from Geelong people. But they mean it.

Fans of a club that has won 4 premierships from 6 Grand Finals in the past 17 completed seasons — which previously had a gilded reputation for being soft and flaming out at the pointy end in the decades prior to 2007.

From the ones who venture in here, to the Cats mafia in the media — Gerard Whateley, of all people, at the tip of the spear.

To earnestly wag your finger at Port people — citing things like a raw win-percentage, a bush league premiership or how situationally dire things were when he took the job (as if literally every other club hasn’t been down the bottom and/or had a rocky period off-field) — for wanting rid of a coach who is literally the most futile operator in league history, is utterly certifiable.

I've made up my mind. I'd rather he just stay out of the limelight like he did for the previous 8 weeks... ya know, when it was touch and go for finals and he was nowhere to be seen or heard.

That’s the thing. It’s easy to dismiss it as ‘trolling’ because it’s so ludicrously entitled coming from Geelong people. But they mean it.

Fans of a club that has won 4 premierships from 6 Grand Finals in the past 17 completed seasons — which previously had a gilded reputation for being soft and flaming out at the pointy end in the decades prior to 2007.

From the ones who venture in here, to the Cats mafia in the media — Gerard Whateley, of all people, at the tip of the spear.

To earnestly wag your finger at Port people — citing things like a raw win-percentage, a bush league premiership or how situationally dire things were when he took the job (as if literally every other club hasn’t been down the bottom and/or had a rocky period off-field) — for wanting rid of a coach who is literally the most futile operator in league history, is utterly certifiable.
FWIW - there was no intent at trolling or finger wagging on my part. As I said, my intentions were to participate in a balanced discussion. As we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intention. I misjudged the mood and had my bum smacked. Lesson learned.
IF BF was around in the mid 80s I can assure you there would have been the same sort of threads on the Geelong board re: Tom Hafey, who arrived to massive fanfare in 1983 and delivered three miserable seasons before Edelsten gave him a big wad of cash and he took his bat and ball and nicked off to Sydney taking half the side with him. Geelong people copped it from Richmond and Collingwood types at the time and we were in the same boat - 20 odd years with no success, so I do get your venom at Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back