Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Ken has fed the info to Morris (directly or indirectly) then he is of the belief that a win this week saves him. So if we somehow do pull a victory out of nowhere this week, the deck chair will come out, the "mission accomplished" flag will be put up, and Sydney will absolutely murder us in the prelim. I hope Chewy is right and that's not actually enough to save him

So if Ken has fed the info to Morris (directly or indirectly) then he is of the belief that a win this week saves him. So if we somehow do pull a victory out of nowhere this week, the deck chair will come out, the "mission accomplished" flag will be put up, and Sydney will absolutely murder us in the prelim. I hope Chewy is right and that's not actually enough to save him

Is CD telling him win this week and your job is safe? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 omg more twist and turns than a soap opera.

I understand why people would ask the simple question of why anyone would want Ken Hinkley as their coach - specifically West Coast?

At the same time, West Coast have had more than ample time to line their next head coach up, and they appear no closer now than what they were over a month ago.

If they wanted a coach who was either not currently in the AFL (like Hird), or an assistant who did not coach in the finals, they could have done the deal well and truly by now.

Assistants who are coaching in the finals do not have to wait until their season is over to jump ship to another team, so they too could have been done.

However, if they are targeting a senior coach who is currently coaching in the finals, they have to wait. The only two logical people based on contract situations who fit that criteria are Bevo and Hinkley.

I heard around a month ago from a well connected player agent with no benefit to gain by releasing this info to me, that there was more than just a little smoke about the interest from West Coast in Hinkley.

It beggars belief that any team would want Ken after his latest failure on Thursday in conjunction with all the other failures. But that is beside the point - if a team is going to offer a long term deal, that's Port's good fortune, saving potentially 900k to ensure the footy department doesn't blow its soft cap next year, not to mention getting Ken off the books, sign me up.

FWIW, it won't take West Coast to offer him a deal to get him off Port's hands. Port are prepared to sort out a pay out even if West Coast don't come for Ken.

I hope I'm right too. I can't speak for everyone at the Club, but there are people at the Club who are directly involved in the decision to keep or sack Ken (and I may or may not have spoken to them), and these individuals want him gone even if the Club makes a prelim.

Kenny might get his wish, looks like Frost might be out for the Hawks.
Definitely out, been ruled out for the season. I'm sure we will use this to our advantage like we did with Tom Stewart

Sounds like he will not be sacked until at least next monday the 16th, so 8 days left.
Sounds like he will not be sacked until at least next monday the 16th, so 8 days left.

Nah make it Sept 30th let it be a Birthday present from the Club and it's supporters.

Sheesh invite the media to Alberton that day and have Ken open his 'present' in front of them.

Gift wrapped in the club's colours of course

It beggars belief that any team would want Ken after his latest failure on Thursday in conjunction with all the other failures. But that is beside the point - if a team is going to offer a long term deal, that's Port's good fortune, saving potentially 900k to ensure the footy department doesn't blow its soft cap next year, not to mention getting Ken off the books, sign me up.

I've always said the Ken has enough coaching abilities to take a team from bottom 4 to finals. He's coaching is based on extracting the best out of players using emotions, and little tactics. But he is simply not capable of that in finals because there you need a coach with tactical nous which he has very little of. So I can see why Eagles want him because their administration won't be dumb enough to keep him past 5 years which is around when they'll make finals if their list management goes right

Nah make it Sept 30th let it be a Birthday present from the Club and it's supporters.

Sheesh invite the media to Alberton that day and have Ken open his 'present' in front of them.

Gift wrapped in the club's colours of course
I'll only accept waiting that long if we go on a 3 game tear and jag the premiership, then sack him at the family day. I'd prefer we sack him on the dias in that scenario though.

In 2021, Kane Cornes said that Hinkley was under pressure to make a grand final after 9 failed seasons.

Three years later, Port missed finals in 2022 and have lost every final in 2023/2024 ... but now a passing grade is a semi final win at home against 7th on the ladder?

Not a serious club.
View attachment 2105433

Just another Kane attempt to rally the players to put in a streak of wins for Ken's job ... and only for that.

I understand why people would ask the simple question of why anyone would want Ken Hinkley as their coach - specifically West Coast?

At the same time, West Coast have had more than ample time to line their next head coach up, and they appear no closer now than what they were over a month ago.

If they wanted a coach who was either not currently in the AFL (like Hird), or an assistant who did not coach in the finals, they could have done the deal well and truly by now.

Assistants who are coaching in the finals do not have to wait until their season is over to jump ship to another team, so they too could have been done.

However, if they are targeting a senior coach who is currently coaching in the finals, they have to wait. The only two logical people based on contract situations who fit that criteria are Bevo and Hinkley.

I heard around a month ago from a well connected player agent with no benefit to gain by releasing this info to me, that there was more than just a little smoke about the interest from West Coast in Hinkley.

FWIW, it won't take West Coast to offer him a deal to get him off Port's hands. Port are prepared to sort out a pay out even if West Coast don't come for Ken.

I hope I'm right too. I can't speak for everyone at the Club, but there are people at the Club who are directly involved in the decision to keep or sack Ken (and I may or may not have spoken to them), and these individuals want him gone even if the Club makes a prelim.
Hi Chewy just got back from a few days back home in the west where the ken to west coast rumor is still floating around and people I spoke to had mixed feelings about Ken potentially moving to west coast. Some thought he would be ok some thought not. I certainly think if he made the granny or even win it he would obviously be safe at Port but he would then be even more desirable for west Coast who may make him an offer he can't resist and leave port anyway your thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2021, Kane Cornes said that Hinkley was under pressure to make a grand final after 9 failed seasons.

Three years later, Port missed finals in 2022 and have lost every final in 2023/2024 ... but now a passing grade is a semi final win at home against 7th on the ladder?

Not a serious club.
View attachment 2105433
Kane doesn't believe a word he says, his entire career is effectively to be an outrage engagement farm and he's intentionally and repeatedly hurt his old club and it's supporters to achieve that.

Block Kane on all social media, mute the phrase "Kane Cornes" on twitter. It's the only way

Come to an agreement to part ways. Sounds so nice. I prefer a re-enactment of Julius Caesar's assassination.
Agree, we deserve a proper sacking.

I'm hoping West Coast aren't offering shit, and he tells Koch he wants to coach on, and the decision is made.

I've always said the Ken has enough coaching abilities to take a team from bottom 4 to finals. He's coaching is based on extracting the best out of players using emotions, and little tactics. But he is simply not capable of that in finals because there you need a coach with tactical nous which he has very little of. So I can see why Eagles want him because their administration won't be dumb enough to keep him past 5 years which is around when they'll make finals if their list management goes right

I think 2013/14 era Hinkley could get a team from bottom 4 to finals. I don't think current era Hinkley can. Back then he had the team in full belief and all pushing in the same direction. Now he doesn't give a ****.

West Coast would be morons to look at what we've served up in finals over a decade and think "yep, this is the guy to build our culture back up".

What Hinkley did for us individually was fine but it's overblown. We were getting better regardless as a group of talented youngsters started to hit their primes. Even in 2014 the structural problems were very clear.

Despite my frustration with Kens recent finals form, I’m still willing to give him one last chance this year. If he can get the team to bounce back and beat the Hawks, that takes us to a preliminary final. We’ve won our last 8 matches against the Swans(3 at SCG) , so we know we can compete with them.

If Ken cannot motivate our squad of young superstars to beat a team that finished 16th last year, then it’s time for him to pack his bags. If Ken cannot make us bounce back, I don't want him at the club anymore....

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So dumbass Tom Morris said “anything less then a PF appearance will be the end of Ken”.

People are treating this as "if Port make the prelim, Ken stays".

I'm not sure it even really says that, but more importantly I think Tom Morris doesn't know shit. I think the only way he might see next year without a GF is if we lose that prelim by less than a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back