Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to Compare the Market's algorithm changing so that its first result is "have you considered staying with your current insurer?"
Especially if they have rejected every claim you've made in the last 11 years, but provide you with a new, shinier PDS every year which promises to change their ways if you renew.

Agreed, I've long suspected Koch lives in some dream world where he believes the vast majority of Port supporters love and revere him for `saving' the PAFC, but from speaking to supporters I know who aren't members of this site and who are usually quite conservative with their comments, they (and other supporters they have contact with) have had enough of his `My Club' BS, so his popularity may not be anywhere near the level he thinks it is.

If someone like eg sticker man put some highly visible public pressure on Koch, his ginormous ego may not cope with it too well at all, and there has to be a strong chance it would have more effect than targeting just kern alone.
I want Bob Neil levels of Stickerman.

I want it at the point that every man and his dog confesses to being Stickerman, spartacus style.

I do not wish to contemplate such a scenario although the naming rights to a toilet block may be appropriate.

Realistically, he isn't going anywhere soon - sadly. The welcome mat has been shredded.

The gents, maybe: the Koch Block.

Last edited:
Do you think Rooch did this on purpose?

"I deliberately walked the line outside the oval that day knowing if we had 10,000 at the game we would get smacked," Duncanson said. On that sunny Sunday afternoon in late August, there was a full house of 29,340.

"The overwhelming reaction from the fans was, ‘Make sure we come here’. They told me Adelaide Oval felt like home, something Football Park was not.

"Halfway through the second quarter, (AFL chief executive) Andrew Demetriou was saying to me, ‘You guys were right (about Adelaide Oval rather than a new city venue near the old Coca-Cola bottling plant at Port Road). Adelaide Oval is going to be sensational’.

"I go to Adelaide Oval today proud of what we set up. It formed the nucleus of our resurgence as a football club and has done pretty well for the Crows, SANFL and the city as well. Even the Adelaide Football Club would acknowledge Adelaide Oval has far exceeded expectations.

"I am overwhelming proud of what we did to make Adelaide Oval work."

The finales that shape September

"I deliberately walked the line outside the oval that day knowing if we had 10,000 at the game we would get smacked," Duncanson said. On that sunny Sunday afternoon in late August, there was a full house of 29,340.

"The overwhelming reaction from the fans was, ‘Make sure we come here’. They told me Adelaide Oval felt like home, something Football Park was not.

"Halfway through the second quarter, (AFL chief executive) Andrew Demetriou was saying to me, ‘You guys were right (about Adelaide Oval rather than a new city venue near the old Coca-Cola bottling plant at Port Road). Adelaide Oval is going to be sensational’.

"I go to Adelaide Oval today proud of what we set up. It formed the nucleus of our resurgence as a football club and has done pretty well for the Crows, SANFL and the city as well. Even the Adelaide Football Club would acknowledge Adelaide Oval has far exceeded expectations.

Just another puff piece to pump up Hinkley.

I'm surprised he didn't add in some blurry photos of someone that might be David Koch and Ken Hinkley standing on the 'grassy hill ' to rewrite history and tell us they were the real heroes who saved this club

I was walking around the boundary and then ...

kramer-keithhernandez.gif

A couple of others:

Port vs Freo, 2005 — A virtual Wild Card game, Port needed a win to secure the finals berth to keep what had been a shambolic premiership defence alive. A victory would also see Fremantle return to September after a disappointing 2004.

In the battle between the reigning CHF monarch and his heir-apparent, it was Tredders who took the chocolates with the W & 21/12/2 to Pav’s meek 12/4/0.

Didn’t prevent the AA selectors famously robbing our man blind, though.

Crowd: 41,518
PAFC Home Average: 32,911 (#2 at Footy Park 1997-2013)

Port vs Freo, 2007 — The fairytale that wouldn’t stop. Port needed a big win to have a chance of finishing 2nd and hosting, rather than visiting, the reigning premier in the Qualifying Final. Freo were merely content for their horror season, which began with them amongst the flag fancies, to mercifully end.

Port duly obliged with a solid 5-goal win featuring stellar performances from the Brothers Burgoyne and Baby Justin Westhoff;

While Essendon’s Scott Lucas provided the unlikely assist at Subiaco, erupting for a 7-goal final quarter to reduce a West Coast blowout to an 8-point squeaker in Sheeds and Hird’s farewell game, dropping the Eagles to 3rd on percentage.

Crowd: 39,270
PAFC Home Average: 27,870 (#16 in AFL 😬)

D2DFD9C9-0165-4F6D-B113-37F02405DF46.jpeg

From our cold, dead hands, you bastards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1777889

View attachment 1777891

Link to tweets:

---

In another way:

Differences between the Board and the fans

Board - Fans
Flag: A+ - A+
GF: A+ - A
PF: A+ - B
SF: A - C
EF: B - D
9th-12th: C - F
13th-14th: D - F
Bot-4: F - F
Its not a bad way to look at it, but I always look at grading on a time-based scale. Essentially every coach is under time pressure to win their first flag from arrival.

So using a simpler Pass/Fail method, passmarks are:

Year 1: Show improvement and gameplan
Year 2: More wins, rising up the ladder
Year 3: Realistically in the finals race for at least the first half of the season
Year 4: Make finals or go bloody close - SACK if not in finals race
Year 5: Ideally make top 4, if finishing in the bottom half of the 8, win at least one final
Year 6: Prelim final
Year 7: Grand final - SACK if no grand final appearance
Year 8+: Flag, no more excuses - SACK ASAP (taking in to account contract) if no flag has been won yet

Its why I was happy with Ken early, but also why the recent years have all been epic failures in my eyes. If you can't do it in your first 8 years, give someone else a go.

Its not a bad way to look at it, but I always look at grading on a time-based scale. Essentially every coach is under time pressure to win their first flag from arrival.

Year 3: Realistically in the finals race for at least the first half of the season
Year 5: Ideally make top 4, if finishing in the bottom half of the 8, win at least one final
Year 8+: Flag, no more excuses - SACK ASAP (taking in to account contract) if no flag has been won yet

Its why I was happy with Ken early, but also why the recent years have all been epic failures in my eyes. If you can't do it in your first 8 years, give someone else a go.

A “C” is always a “C”, but it can be a good or a bad grade depending on context.

I got excited with all the all caps SACK in there. When are we doing it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back