SAINTS DISCO I

What's the one drink you'll never touch again?

• Rum

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Southern Comfort

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • Vodka

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Beer

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Red wine

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • White wine

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cask wine

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Gin

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Tequila

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • Sambuca

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Ouzo

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like old blues music and this song 'Spoonful' was covered by pretty much all the old blues greats.
I also loved this mid 90s version by great Australian blues singer and harmonica player Chis Wilson and Mark Lizotte (Diesel).
Diesel does his best impersonation of a 80 yr old black man on this version.
Wilson & Diesel released a CD together called 'Short Cool Ones' which i loved back in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d hit stop after the sentencing and avoid the album like a plague, but maybe that’s just me.....hope you didn’t name yourself after a love of it.....

I’d hit stop after the sentencing and avoid the album like a plague, but maybe that’s just me.....hope you didn’t name yourself after a love of it.....

Last year Kevin Smith started directing a film on the story of the Kilroy "phenomenon". Hopefully he recovers from his recent heart-attack to finish it.

I probably first heard about the graffiti from seeing it on M*A*S*H or Hogan's Heroes. These days Banksy is one of my heroes.

For me, posting on a forum is very much like graffiti. It comes and it goes. Everything is transcient. Nothing lasts forever.

Occasionally a little voice pipes up and says "I woz here."

IMG_7194.JPG

Personally I always thought styx’s Kilroy concept was just a rip off of this classic......you might want to make sure you’ve got time to spare for this one

Personally I always thought styx’s Kilroy concept was just a rip off of this classic......you might want to make sure you’ve got time to spare for this one

I used to have hair that long.

Rush are prog rock pioneers and deserve respect for their place in rock history.

But that voice .... ?? :D

I used to have hair that long.

Rush are prog rock pioneers and deserve respect for their place in rock history.

But that voice .... ?? :D
Same - mine was lifeson straight rather than the flared job geddy had going - I looked like Neil from the young ones.....they were barren years.....

Their doco is on Netflix - I loved it - well worth a watch.

Christ they were musical snobs - unfortunately the times I saw them live were in their worst decade - they hadn’t realised at the time nobody cared about their current stuff.

Last year Kevin Smith started directing a film on the story of the Kilroy "phenomenon". Hopefully he recovers from his recent heart-attack to finish it.

I probably first heard about the graffiti from seeing it on M*A*S*H or Hogan's Heroes. These days Banksy is one of my heroes.

For me, posting on a forum is very much like graffiti. It comes and it goes. Everything is transcient. Nothing lasts forever.

View attachment 466816
A much better reason than Styx......though given your dedication to this thread being named after the album that spawned Robert Orin Charles Kilroy is pretty apt.

What were they thinking and how was it so popular!

Kilroy was here was a graffiti meme long before Styx. It was analogous to "Foo was here" in Australia.

My mate found the LP below hidden in the back of a record store , some time in the 80's. I only ever had a cassette copy of his.

Just played the whole thing for the first time in ages, it seems to have dated less than the later Fleetwood Mac stuff.

Last edited:

View attachment 466816

Austalians were responsible, Yanks changed the name, as usual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here

It woz that cunning bastard Banksy who dun it.

View attachment 466921

Foo fighters[edit]
During World War II, images of Smokey Stover and Spooky were painted as nose art on several American bomber aircraft. The term "foo" was borrowed directly from Smokey Stover by a radar operator in the U.S. 415th Night Fighter Squadron, Donald J. Meiers, who it is agreed by most 415th members gave the "foo fighters" their name.[13] The phrase foo fighter, also taken from Holman's strip, was used by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II to describe various unidentified flying objects or mysterious aerial phenomena seen in the skies over both the European and Pacific Theaters of Operations. Though foo fighter initially described a type of UFO reported and named by the 415th Squadron, the term was also commonly used to mean any UFO sighting from that period.

Foo Fighters is also the name of a rock band, first heard in 1995. Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl hoped to keep his anonymity and release recordings under the title "Foo Fighters", taken from the World War II term for UFOs and indirectly from Holman's strip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smokey_Stover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back