Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't have a team full of guns, just not possible.

Still managed to finish 6th this year, with Clarke, Peake & Polo all regular contributors.

As for Zac, club has said for weeks he is a required player, and offered him a contract. I doubt this was a case of him not being offered enough relative to his worth, more a case of teams like GWS and Freo (no Mitch Clark) in a position to pay overs.

Youth may surprise a few I think, honestly reckon Winmar and Ferguson will make it, and the new crop of Ledger Cripps Crocker Curren and Siposs are very promising.

The only thing similar with these two scenarios is that they were both St Kilda players who you pick up in the draft. Blake hasn't retired and gone and lived in Sweden for half a year, he has been de-listed because of salary cap issues. which had there not been them he would still be on the list.

You are clueless

1) It wasn't "bad" list management. All clubs that make 4 PF and 2 GF's in a row have SC issues. Something a rabble crap club like Fremantle have never experienced.

2) If Blake is drafted by another club he will retire. he has a very successful business and it is known in the industry that he wont play for another club. So go ahead and draft him Fremantle, you just lose a dp and look like the shameless pathetic parasitical rabble the rest of us already know you are.

Now piss off from our forum you brainless twat:rolleyes:

As for your salary cap issues, I fail to see what that has to do with Freo

You got that right. Only clubs that actuallyake the finals are the ones usually with SC problems.

I do have to wonder though, why would you let your full back leave when you keep a series of average players like Clarke, Polo ( I actually rate Ray as a player) and Peake who are unable to play a key position. It certainly does leave you a little short in the backline

Lol being lectured on SC mismanagement by the biggest loser rabble in the League. :rolleyes:

So who are the Saints going to have as Full Back now?

I think we can find a replacement for Zac Dawson, fair dinkum he is not Steve Silgavni, or even Mat Scarlett. He is vital to a Lyon defence. Lyon aint there and Fremantle the mediocre is welcomed to the equally mediocre Dawson.

Interesting time for the Saints. You have a very good young coach but an aging team with a lack of talented youngsters coming through. I do hope that Hayes comes back well in 2012. He is a champion. Will make for a very interesting year, best of luck.

You have Lyon, you are ones who will need the luck. We have kept the whole team from last year, will have Lenny back, have bolstered the forward speed and will be a better team than 2011.

The oldest team BY FAR won the flag in 2011 :rolleyes:

You cabbage :rolleyes:

I dont see why you are getting upset with us because of your own teams gross mismanagement. Your managers didnt sure up Lyon when there were a series of teams looking for a good coach. So he went to the best offer. Exactly what a career coach would do.

As for your salary cap issues, I fail to see what that has to do with Freo. Having to make a long standing player be delisted because you cannot afford to keep him on the Veterans List and need to put another player who is WAY overpaid there is mismanagement. I do not think any other club will pick him up, but the only reason that he has been delisted with the hope of picking him up again is the teams own fault. Personally, I would be upset with the club who made me do this because they cant balance the books. All the other teams have the right to pick him. Do not be surprised if Sheedy at GWS decides to take him because he needs more mature bodies in his team. That will be nobodies fault but the Saints management.

I do have to wonder though, why would you let your full back leave when you keep a series of average players like Clarke, Polo ( I actually rate Ray as a player) and Peake who are unable to play a key position. It certainly does leave you a little short in the backline.

So who are the Saints going to have as Full Back now?

Interesting time for the Saints. You have a very good young coach but an aging team with a lack of talented youngsters coming through. I do hope that Hayes comes back well in 2012. He is a champion. Will make for a very interesting year, best of luck.

Hey, you think your so smart coming over here, and stating facts about how our players that we tried to hang on to might get redrafted to other clubs. Like its something ingenious youv'e thought of, and you make a really good effort to try and explain these things to us members and supporters and you really want to make a statement and let us know how badly managed our salary cap became. Like your so f$%kn righteous.

But i'll tell you something, after all the bullsh$t and off season movements we've come out on top. Wev'e had more positive news come out of this club than for a very long time and it all started with Ross defecting to your club. As far as ageing lists are concerned, don't worry about our List. I'd back in our list over Freo's any day of the week, next season and in three seasons time. I laugh when you talk about bad player management. Freo who have been around the bottom of the ladder for a good part of 15 years, with all the opportunities to get some of the best draft picks have failed big time, havn't even come close to a premiership. Hows that for list management.

Hey, you think your so smart coming over here, and stating facts about how our players that we tried to hang on to might get redrafted to other clubs. Like its something ingenious youv'e thought of, and you make a really good effort to try and explain these things to us members and supporters and you really want to make a statement and let us know how badly managed our salary cap became. Like your so f$%kn righteous.

Every club that has a crack at the flag has had SC issues. Freo have never had SC issues :D

As for mismanagement. Lost Palmer and missed Clark, but hay they'll get Dawson :p:p:D:thumbsu:

But i'll tell you something, after all the bullsh$t and off season movements we've come out on top. Wev'e had more positive news come out of this club than for a very long time and it all started with Ross defecting to your club. As far as ageing lists are concerned, don't worry about our List. I'd back in our list over Freo's any day of the week, next season and in three seasons time. I laugh when you talk about bad player management. Freo who have been around the bottom of the ladder for a good part of 15 years, with all the opportunities to get some of the best draft picks have failed big time, havn't even come close to a premiership. Hows that for list management.

Fremantle have always been mentally weak and will collapse like a pack of cards under Lyons total control.

it will be funny to watch this rabble get torn apart by Lyon and his exhausting and relentless ambition. Will be fun to watch.

I dont see why you are getting upset with us because of your own teams gross mismanagement. Your managers didnt sure up Lyon when there were a series of teams looking for a good coach. So he went to the best offer. Exactly what a career coach would do.

As for your salary cap issues, I fail to see what that has to do with Freo. Personally, I would be upset with the club who made me do this because they cant balance the books.

I do have to wonder though, why would you let your full back leave when you keep a series of average players like Clarke, Polo ( I actually rate Ray as a player) and Peake who are unable to play a key position.

Honestly, what coach doesn't see themselves as a "career coach"? Those just in it for recreation and a hobby after they finished their playing career? I think you have been sucked in by Lyon's comments justifying his actions. It was mostly Ross' deceit, not 'gross mismanagement' that led to his exit.

With most of the contracts these days being two year deals, it doesn't surprise me that salary cap trouble is happening now after the team was extremely close to winning it all in 09, and much of the team out of contract at the time would have successfully negotiated payrises off their back of their performance.

I do wonder why Freo would want Dawson though, seeing as they have Silvagni and a few others who are at least on par with Zac.

Wish Zac the best, always been a favourite of mine, Freo not so.

Yep we should have given him a 2-3 year extension when we were sitting 0 wins, 1 draw & 6 losses at Round 8. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Terrific idea. Now go back to your own board you flog.

You got that right. Only clubs that actuallyake the finals are the ones usually with SC problems.

Geelong have won 3 flags in 5 years and have managed not to have any salary cap issues. Nor have the Pies for that matter. The Hawks are going ok as well and the Blues still keep all of their stars. Why is it just happening to the Saints?

Lol being lectured on SC mismanagement by the biggest loser rabble in the League. :rolleyes:

Sorry we have not won a flag in our 16 years. We were poorly managed in the past. We are coming along very well now and are financially one of the strongest teams in the league. It is a bit rich calling us all of these things though when you have all of the things going on at the Saints and have not won a flag for over 50 years. You might want to stop embarrasing yourself while you have the chance. Most of the other good Saints fans on here are up for a good discussion over football. It is a business, not personal.

I think we can find a replacement for Zac Dawson, fair dinkum he is not Steve Silgavni, or even Mat Scarlett. He is vital to a Lyon defence. Lyon aint there and Fremantle the mediocre is welcomed to the equally mediocre Dawson.

We will take him thanks, as a third string key position he will come in very handy at Freo. Not to mention that he is nearly 100kg and 195cm tall, you still didnt mention who is going to be taking his place in the Full Back role. Going through the list the backline players look rather small. But we will take him with the excess money that we have in our cap. Thanks again. P.S. Nobody ever said that he was the best Full Back going around, certainly not a legend of the game. He is in a position that is rather hard to replace though.;)

You have Lyon, you are ones who will need the luck.

If he keeps anything like his 63% winning record that got you to all of those Grand Finals and finals we will be very happy thank you.

We have kept the whole team from last year, will have Lenny back, have bolstered the forward speed and will be a better team than 2011.

Hope that you are, statistics show that when you have so many players that are pushing 30 and beyond that you rarely improve as a team. Geelong though are clearly an exception to the rule.

Yes, Polo, Clarke, Peake and some VFL hopefully wills take you all the way to another Grand Final.;)

And they managed to keep ALL of their required players with no salary cap issues. No argument that Geelong are the most professional team going around though.

Hate to say it, you did not make one valid point through all of your reply. :rolleyes:

Got a feeling Dawson wont get to Freo, may end up at the tiges? big deal, suck it up sunshine.

Happy we kept the Dumpster, Peake and Fray. I am not a Raph basher but i hope they can fire him up, let him run and get the best out of him. The Blake!! man you will always be St Kilda to me, clubman personified. Polo either relieving young guns in the mid or coming of age as your own man, a tough nut lacking some skills. Looking forward to 2012. Having been a Sainter since day dot, this is already sitting in my guts as a great year.

Who's upset? Our gain is your loss. Ironically, we got the man your rabble wanted in 2013.

As for your salary cap issues, I fail to see what that has to do with Freo. Having to make a long standing player be delisted because you cannot afford to keep him on the Veterans List and need to put another player who is WAY overpaid there is mismanagement.

I doubt JB will be too fussed. The type you'd go to war with.

I do have to wonder though, why would you let your full back leave when you keep a series of average players like Clarke, Polo ( I actually rate Ray as a player) and Peake who are unable to play a key position. It certainly does leave you a little short in the backline.

Do you honestly think that we'd sign up the others if we needed Zac? Seriously? If he was that critical we would have let some on elike Peake or Clarke go. Zac was made an offer that if he accepted, cool... if not... cool too.

Lyon's 63% was because our list has talent.. so good luck with that one. And you have to win away from home if you want to make the GF.

If you haven't taken the hint... go away. :D

Oh Joffaboy, you fat aetheist pencil head accountant. :D

I have missed old boy. How is it hanging?

I can only assume that SS is down.

BTW, as Raplh Malph would say "I've (you've) still got it".

Take care mate. ;)

You have Lyon, you are ones who will need the luck. We have kept the whole team from last year, will have Lenny back, have bolstered the forward speed and will be a better team than 2011.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it, you did not make one valid point through all of your reply. :rolleyes:

Dont hate to say it but being attacked by a Fremantle supporter is like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Now lets have a look. I stated

1) Fremantle have never challenged for a flag - tick

2) Fremantle are a rabble - tick

3) geelong were the oldest team in the League and won the flag - tick

4) We kept our whole team (Dawson isn't in our best 22 except for under Lyon) - tick

5) You are a cabbage - tick

That's a possibility, and if that does happen, we will get Blake straight away.

rubbish.

Lyon aint gonna drag Blake across the Nullabor for a 1 yr deal KNOWING Blake is a Saints stalwart with family and career in Melbourne.

Blakes doing St Kilda a favour and most in AFL circles would get that.

Stop being petty and dumb all at the same time.

Oh Joffaboy, you fat aetheist pencil head accountant. :D

I have missed old boy. How is it hanging?

I can only assume that SS is down.

BTW, as Raplh Malph would say "I've (you've) still got it".

Take care mate. ;)

I take offense, I am not fat anymore :D

I am to please and need to give these interlopers onto the Saints forum there comeuppance ;)

Must admit, not much of a foe compared to the Carlton trolls of days gone by.

Still nice to sharpen the fangs and give it to these purple rabble clowns ;)

Yep we should have given him a 2-3 year extension when we were sitting 0 wins, 1 draw & 6 losses at Round 8. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Terrific idea. Now go back to your own board you flog.

whenanyone tries to say our club mismanaged ross lyon's extension by waiting untill the end of the year i say what you say.

and you know what, most fans then shut up. becuase if the saints board had given in then and Lyon had accepted the extention at time, the media would have had a field day over it, and not just the the media, but also us supporters.

who offers a coach an extension of his contract when the coach has still 18 months to go on his contract. no one does.

Hi DockerLand1, you seem to show a little ignorance and/or naivety about the whole "management of Lyon" situation, so let me explain it to you and any other Dockers fans who aren't 'in the loop' so to speak. This might interest you guys.

A bit of background info first up.

Ross was originally managed by Ricky Nixon and his Flying Start company before shit hit the fan with Ricky's personal life, so Ross got a new management group over time. Ross and his new manager then had a falling out, I do not know of the circumstances of that fall out though. Then Ross gets Craig Kelly as his manager with ESP (Elite Sporting Proprieties). This whole changing management twice thing took time.

Negotiations were then about to begin for Ross's contract to be extended beyond 2012, it was in the middle of the year at this time. Ross himself then made the decision to hold any contract talks off until St. Kilda's season had finished. The St. Kilda Football Club and ESP/Craig Kelly agreed to that and all contract talks were subsequently put on the back burner.

Fast forward to the Elimination Final vs Sydney, we lose on the Saturday night, season over. Sunday passes. Then on Monday talks resume and it takes until Wednesday afternoon for the new 4 year + more money deal to be put on the table, or 72 hours. St. Kilda puts up that new offer, ESP/Craig Kelly accepts and Ross Lyon verbally accepts this new offer. The next day member on the St. Kilda board of directors are having a coffee satisfied that all parties are on the same page.

The rest is history. But I always did think it was bizarre that Lyon alluded to his reason for leaving to be some sort of poor management with his "6 months vs. 72 hours" remark during the Fremantle presser. It was an unnecessary veiled dig at St. Kilda management and was truly strange coming from a man who seemed to always be a professional.

Don't you forget, nothing is stopping a man with no integrity like Ross Lyon from doing the same thing to your club in 5 or so years time, when your talent runs out and it becomes gut check time, Ross got out of dodge once, what makes you so sure he won't do it twice?

Thank you.

Dont hate to say it but being attacked by a Fremantle supporter is like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Now lets have a look. I stated

1) Fremantle have never challenged for a flag - tick

2) Fremantle are a rabble - tick

3) geelong were the oldest team in the League and won the flag - tick

4) We kept our whole team (Dawson isn't in our best 22 except for under Lyon) - tick

5) You are a cabbage - tick

I must admit, this made me laugh. :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dawson-walks-out/story-e6frf9jf-1226191940250

Could I get my wish of seeing Rhys tried out in defence?:)

Hope so, nothing has ever made me confident he is a ruckman or a forward.

Closing speed, long arms to spoil, agility to pick it up, and pace again to skedaddle out of there and create.

I am looking forward to the NAB cup, I don't subscribe to the lack of options talk....so many options :cool:

As I understand it, still a high risk of being picked up by another club, when he obviously loves the Saints dearly.

Hoping other clubs take the ethical approach knowing the situation, but still will be anxious until his name is read out as a pick to St Kilda.
Hadn't thought of that re Blakey. If the risk is indeed high then you've really got me worried. Any idea as to which club or clubs might be after him?

Hadn't thought of that re Blakey. If the risk is indeed high then you've really got me worried. Any idea as to which club or clubs might be after him?
GWS might! other then that maybe fremantle as lyon keeps looking at recycled players in his second club(zac & brad dick, so far)

GWS might! other then that maybe fremantle as lyon keeps looking at recycled players in his second club(zac & brad dick, so far)

Not old enough for GWS to recruit, he isnt 44 yet :D:D:D

That was such a confused article.

The Saints said they were enthusiastic about their defensive stocks.

unlikely to throw a lifeline to ... O'hAilpin.

Dawson's departure will present opportunities.

The Saints also intend to scour state leagues for a mature-age defender.

"We haven't got someone yet"

But I did like:

Pelchen ... highlighted the commitment of the players who stayed with the club - almost certainly for less money.

"Full credit to these guys and their managers because they were well across the situation and our restraints and they were supportive," Pelchen said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back