Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

How's my old tough talking mate? I'm still waiting for his call...

You 2 patched things up? :cool:

Lucky we don't see him here or on Truesainters.

Hence my self-imposed exile.

Hope all is well.

I take offense, I am not fat anymore :D

I am to please and need to give these interlopers onto the Saints forum there comeuppance ;)

Must admit, not much of a foe compared to the Carlton trolls of days gone by.

Still nice to sharpen the fangs and give it to these purple rabble clowns ;)

GWS might! other then that maybe fremantle as lyon keeps looking at recycled players in his second club(zac & brad dick, so far)

Lyon was actually looking to swap Ball for Dick in 2009. Could've been painful.

Hmmmm... I like skedaddle. an often under rated skill IMO.

It should be on their profile.

Player X is a tough in and under ball magnet with clean skills on both sides. He is also blessed with good footy brain, reads the play well and can skedaddle when required.

;):)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dawson-walks-out/story-e6frf9jf-1226191940250

Could I get my wish of seeing Rhys tried out in defence?:)

Hope so, nothing has ever made me confident he is a ruckman or a forward.

Closing speed, long arms to spoil, agility to pick it up, and pace again to skedaddle out of there and create.

I am looking forward to the NAB cup, I don't subscribe to the lack of options talk....so many options :cool:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dawson-walks-out/story-e6frf9jf-1226191940250

Could I get my wish of seeing Rhys tried out in defence?:)

Hope so, nothing has ever made me confident he is a ruckman or a forward.

Closing speed, long arms to spoil, agility to pick it up, and pace again to skedaddle out of there and create.

I am looking forward to the NAB cup, I don't subscribe to the lack of options talk....so many options :cool:

Misquote / typo regarding Blake's 100th (he's on 199 games) or slip of the tongue by Pelchen?

Wouldn't mind a relative kid such as Rhys tried down back. It's not like he'll lack in body strength compared to Dawson :p And he has got a good leap, a reasonable set of hands, still developing ...

Regarding Blake in the draft, I highly doubt any other club would look to pick him up. I don't think he's anywhere near as highly regarded outside St Kilda as he is inside St Kilda. Age would be a big factor for anyone else I would think

why in th pre season draft and not the national draft? (like the last pick?)

Less chance of another club snapping him up. As normally only 3 or 4 clubs take part in PS Draft.

What horse shit this thread became thanks to those fockers supporters.

Blake is surely not at risk. Posters that say their club will take him obviously have got supercoach and actual list management confused.

Re Dawson please take him GWS. We will be happy with an 8th round compensation pick. Whoever takes him can enjoy watching a rabbit in the headlights each week!

I don't like the fact that Pelchan said "we don't have anyone to replace Dawson with yet". That flies in the face of what we've been saying in the past couple of weeks, that we "wouldn't lose anyone that we wanted to keep".
So, we didn't want to keep someone that was rated in our best two in the finals series last year (including two Grand Finals) and who has been an integral part of our team for 3 years, yet we don't have anyone lined up to replace him and will be "scouring the state leagues"? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dem big blue letters sure are pretty.

And he's gone onto the second line of credentials!

Same in real life, Guide?

John Q Citizen B.A., M.A., M.B.A., Ph.D., O.M.F.G :D

Brother G.....

:p F#$k, Sh#t, C$ck, B@lls....:D

Which board are you a mod for L2M4G?

The Bay brother. Already had to act on a reported post. Power trip!

Dem big blue letters sure are pretty.

And he's gone onto the second line of credentials!

Same in real life, Guide?

John Q Citizen B.A., M.A., M.B.A., Ph.D., O.M.F.G :D

Master of BS, B TLA (three letter acronyms).

Brother G.....

:p F#$k, Sh#t, C$ck, B@lls....:D

My powers are useless here :eek:

Noticed Richmond have ruled out going for Zac.

If someone has the hardcopy Age, there were quite a few interesting comments that aren't in the online version.

Some nice comments attributed to Boogie and (I think) Faz who'd say they were happy to stay (and be flexible with contract arrangements) to repay the Saints for their faith.

We don't have much depth in defense and Blake would be a great fit for us for 2 years while our younger brigade mature and bulk up. Throw into the mix that Faulkes isn't progressing the way we want him to so Blake would be a very handy player indeed for Freo. Feel free to convince yourselves that it's SC/DT reasons that we want him but the fact remains a good/very good player has come on the market with a rookie price tag on his head. Any club in a position of needing depth in defense would be mad not to let this opportunity slip away.

Throw into the mix that Faulkes isn't progressing the way we want him to s

:eek::eek: I reckon a knee to the head would delay progress to even the best player in the world...

[YOUTUBE]ZBY2Z2PQa7I[/YOUTUBE]

Don't get me wrong, that probably didn't help. But he is still the most unfit person at the club, weighs less than Hill/Fyfe and his skills haven't improved at all, in fact they appear to have gotten worse. Crushed face or not, these are not good signs going in to his last contracted year.

Please, Freo aren't going to draft Blake... what a joke.

First of all from JB POV, he's not going to move to Perth for 1 season and leave his business, home set up etc
I think he'd actually retire first. Further to that, as he's a mature aged player u'd have to negotiate a contract and figure for him to play which u won't be able to do. U can't just draft him and expect him to play for minimum wage... my bet is that if u try, he'll price u out of the market anyway.

Given he has about a year in him... how will u even get the best out of him.. takes players about 3 years at a new club b4 they really produce their best... and face it, it's a big change... new ground, new life style, new team mates, new style (or maybe not) etc

And it takes away a pick for a youngster or alternatively, games going to a youngster

Would be a very very stupid move by the dockers... s#!% maybe they will do it

Please don't call him that. :thumbsdown: They are renowned for being loyal to the bitter end. Zac has just walked, leaving us with no compensation in return for him, after we helped save/re-ignite his AFL career.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's offensive to all dogs out there. Maybe call him a Lyon insyead lol...:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Re-Sign 5 players, Zac gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back