Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

beside the seaside

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2023
AFL Club
St Kilda
There's a watch on whether Caminiti goes back.

Need someone to analyse Josh Battle's every move and mood and what it means for his future.

Come on Saints, carry on Grinching.

Do it for Jade Gresham.

Do it for Dale Kickett

OK so I said happy to win this and lose all the rest and I stand by it.

Realistically though it is going to be a very big task, I think the accepted wisdom is the first match back from a long lay off (I refer to Parish) is generally fine, it's backing up the next few weeks that is very tough so I think he'll go well.

McKay can handle Hammer and Laverde has become a halfway decent defender (yuck) so both of Coops and Members will need to be in form to be the dangerous third forward. Hig and Butler could have a day though.

I don't like Doogs vs 2MP as 2MP is good on the lead and a good kick from 50, Doogs seems to have lost a bit of burst speed and can't defend long leads out to near the arc. I back Wilkie to contain Stringer though.

As always though, the arbiter (as for all our games) is that Durham / Zerrett / Caldwell / Parish is a miles better core midfield on paper than Steele / Sincs (named at centre) / Jones / Clark so if we get slaughtered there then the rest probably doesn't matter too much.

Looking forward to Draper giving away at least ~3 dumb undisciplined frees to RoMa and getting a bath around the grounds, with no Goldy to rotate I think this will be a day out for Marshall.

Go saints.

I've posted similar to this here and elsewhere for years and again it's happened. We always seem to catch Essendon after a loss and when we've just had a win. Usually accompanied by the Bombers copping a beating in the media.

More often than not the bookies offer us up as favorites and it seems most of the time they beat us. Recent stats might not support this but I'm talking like over 30 years or so. They've definitely had much the better of the results. I can recall in the Sheedy years we beat them something like once in 25 meetings but we started as favorites in half of them.

At least this time round they are still firm favorites. Like others have said if there's one game for the rest of the year I'd like us to win it's this one. Okay and the Cats as well.

I've posted similar to this here and elsewhere for years and again it's happened. We always seem to catch Essendon after a loss and when we've just had a win. Usually accompanied by the Bombers copping a beating in the media.

More often than not the bookies offer us up as favorites and it seems most of the time they beat us. Recent stats might not support this but I'm talking like over 30 years or so. They've definitely had much the better of the results. I can recall in the Sheedy years we beat them something like once in 25 meetings but we started as favorites in half of them.

At least this time round they are still firm favorites. Like others have said if there's one game for the rest of the year I'd like us to win it's this one. Okay and the Cats as well.
And the Bluescum

OK so I said happy to win this and lose all the rest and I stand by it.

Realistically though it is going to be a very big task, I think the accepted wisdom is the first match back from a long lay off (I refer to Parish) is generally fine, it's backing up the next few weeks that is very tough so I think he'll go well.

McKay can handle Hammer and Laverde has become a halfway decent defender (yuck) so both of Coops and Members will need to be in form to be the dangerous third forward. Hig and Butler could have a day though.

I don't like Doogs vs 2MP as 2MP is good on the lead and a good kick from 50, Doogs seems to have lost a bit of burst speed and can't defend long leads out to near the arc. I back Wilkie to contain Stringer though.

As always though, the arbiter (as for all our games) is that Durham / Zerrett / Caldwell / Parish is a miles better core midfield on paper than Steele / Sincs (named at centre) / Jones / Clark so if we get slaughtered there then the rest probably doesn't matter too much.

Looking forward to Draper giving away at least ~3 dumb undisciplined frees to RoMa and getting a bath around the grounds, with no Goldy to rotate I think this will be a day out for Marshall.

Go saints.
Good summary except for Doogs and burst speed - has always been a plodder!

Between 81 and 91 we lost 20 in a row against them - though that said we were losing to everyone around then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between 81 and 91 we lost 20 in a row against them - though that said we were losing to everyone around then.
Thanks for the reminder! - I think I went to the game when the dam broke - Plugger put their full back ( name escapes me) in a choke hold!

Do it for Jake Carlisle and do it for Nick Hind.

Nah f*** Nick Hind he went back to those scumbags.

We should have won last time and I think we are playing better footy than then..I need a win for my late charge up the footy tipping ladder...cmon boys.

I'm backing in Sinclair to have a big game, I've got the VC on him in Supercoach, he is getting back to his best form again.

I don't want to go as far to say he's the Serge Blanco of St Kilda, I would call him more Phillipe Sella but that's still high praise.

Go Saints!

Im looking forward to this game which is ominous, as any game I have been keen on this year we have been disappointing. Hopefully the better version turns up today.

I'm backing in Sinclair to have a big game, I've got the VC on him in Supercoach, he is getting back to his best form again.

I don't want to go as far to say he's the Serge Blanco of St Kilda, I would call him more Phillipe Sella but that's still high praise.
the Laurent Blac of st kilda i feel, one of Frances great attacking centre backs

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do it for Dean Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back