Preview Saints vs Blues, Monday May 12, 7:20pm at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see:
In: Shenton, Siposs, Bruce, Milera
Out: Geary, Savage, Gwilt, Saunders

But expect to only see the first two.

May have been mentioned previously but the selection of Siposs after 1 really good game and not much else sees a nail in Dunnell's coffin to me. He has been doing it for the past 7 weeks but cant get a game. Siposs has only done it once. But at least we will probably have a third marking fwd option.

Would like to see:

May have been mentioned previously but the selection of Siposs after 1 really good game and not much else sees a nail in Dunnell's coffin to me. He has been doing it for the past 7 weeks but cant get a game. Siposs has only done it once. But at least we will probably have a third marking fwd option.
According tot he article, Sipposs has improved his defensive game which is what they wanted him to do.

Would like to see:

Youre underselling Siposs here. He has had a number of very solid games so far this season, this just comes on top of a blinder performance.

I like Dunell as well, quite a bit actually, but Siposs is much more of a pure forward which we really need now.

Youre underselling Siposs here. He has had a number of very solid games so far this season, this just comes on top of a blinder performance.

I like Dunell as well, quite a bit actually, but Siposs is much more of a pure forward which we really need now.

Keep it simple, Siposs
Tom Morris May 9, 2014 4:47 PM

“Sippo is a pretty strong chance to come into the mix,” Richardson said on Thursday.

“He’s had some pretty strong form in the VFL for a couple of weeks now – not necessarily on the scoreboard, but in his general forward play.”

Yet in some ways whether or not Siposs makes it into the final 22 is irrelevant. Because given the work he’s put in, coupled with his improved mental approach in blending defence with offence, a call-up has become a question of when, not if.

Surprised you guys didn't bring in Dennis-Lane irrespective of how he's going.
Carlton still have nightmares of what he did against us in that Sydney Final.

We're probably also glad that Saad isn't about as he seems to find form against us.

Hard to get excited about this game somehow. Not often that even a win may feel like a loss............for either side.

Surprised you guys didn't bring in Dennis-Lane irrespective of how he's going.
Carlton still have nightmares of what he did against us in that Sydney Final.

We're probably also glad that Saad isn't about as he seems to find form against us.

Hard to get excited about this game somehow. Not often that even a win may feel like a loss............for either side.

Dunno about that, if we win we'll be pretty happy :D

Going to the game now and am getting quite excited for it.. we really should put on a good show. We have injuries but so do they!

How keen are you felsty? :eek:

I'd wait at least another couple of days but..........

Must be planning on getting some serious traffic along the way,..... :eek:

Murdoch playing VFL along with the two confirmed outs in Savage and Simpkin.

Shenton, Milera, Dunstan, Siposs and Bruce aren't. i think 4 of them will be in.

Murdoch only player from 25 man squad playing VFL today. Siposs/Bruce never named in VFL squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Billings to be BOG along with Riewoldt. Carlton doesn't have elite lock down small defenders.

So:

OUT
: Geary, Simpkin, Savage, Saunders
IN: Siposs, Bruce, Shenton, Dunstan

2 Tall defensive backs: Delaney, Bruce
2 Small defensive backs: Dempster, Gwilt
2 Offensive backs: Shenton, Webster

7 (+1) Inside mids: Hayes, Montagna, Steven, Jones, Newnes, Weller, Dunstan (+Schneider)
2 Outside mids: Ray, Acres (+med fwd)
1 Tagger: Curren

2 Rucks: Longer, Stanley (+ tl fwd)

1 (+1) Tall Forwards: Riewoldt, (+Stanley)
2 Small Forwards: Schneider (+in mid), Billings
1 (+1) Medium Forwards: Siposs, (+Acres)​

Structurally, probably the best team we've had all year. In the ideal world, we'd play another dedicated tall, but as was patently obvious in the Sandy game, we don't have anybody to fulfil that role right now. :( I still think Simpkin is stiff, and Gwilt is lucky. But hey.

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 8s
StK; Int: Siposs, Jones, Bruce, Shenton. Emg; Murdoch, Milera, Saunders. Shenton, Bruce, Siposs, Dunstan 4 Geary, Simpkin, Savage, Saunders.

Milera must be getting frustrated, he'd have to be leading Sandy's B&F this year. I've never really felt he'll make it but he deserves a game at the moment I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Saints vs Blues, Monday May 12, 7:20pm at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back