Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is our biggest game of the year for mine. If we win I reckon we'll play finals. If we lose, we probably won't. I think we'll need 13 wins to get in and the Swans and Port games are most likely losses. That leaves Bombers, Eagles, Demons, North and the Tiges for 4 wins. I just think the equation will seem a whole lot easier if we chalk up win number 10 this week.

Make no mistake it ain't going to be easy. Despite winning fewer games I think the Bombers form has been as impressive as ours over the whole season and they're in good recent form (except for the Brisbane last quarter fade out).

In some ways it will stamp our development if we can win. Four wins in a row and an impressive last round win would normally be the recipe for a flop performance from us, especially against a dangerous opponent. So if we can get the job done it will be another step in our development. Lose and its back in the pack and more questions and probably melts.

The danger is the Bombers will take us on early and are prolific early scorers. We need to be switched on from the first bounce and not get jumped. And FFS Saints, kick straight. Especially in the first half.

I reckon we can win but it's going to a tough one. As long as we can stay in the game in the first half I reckon we can get the job done. Even better if Jakey Boy kicks the sealer after a BJ turnover.

Go Saints. Prediction win by 5 points.

This is our biggest game of the year for mine. If we win I reckon we'll play finals. If we lose, we probably won't. I think we'll need 13 wins to get in and the Swans and Port games are most likely losses. That leaves Bombers, Eagles, Demons, North and the Tiges for 4 wins. I just think the equation will seem a whole lot easier if we chalk up win number 10 this week.

Make no mistake it ain't going to be easy. Despite winning fewer games I think the Bombers form has been as impressive as ours over the whole season and they're in good recent form (except for the Brisbane last quarter fade out).

In some ways it will stamp our development if we can win. Four wins in a row and an impressive last round win would normally be the recipe for a flop performance from us, especially against a dangerous opponent. So if we can get the job done it will be another step in our development. Lose and its back in the pack and more questions and probably melts.

The danger is the Bombers will take us on early and are prolific early scorers. We need to be switched on from the first bounce and not get jumped. And FFS Saints, kick straight. Especially in the first half.

I reckon we can win but it's going to a tough one. As long as we can stay in the game in the first half I reckon we can get the job done. Even better if Jakey Boy kicks the sealer after a BJ turnover.

Go Saints. Prediction win by 5 points.
Not people gave us a chance against the Tigers and they were booming them up to be in the Grand Final , well we are even on points with them now , and that was the 2nd game we actually played good footy this year , imagine if we do it for the next few weeks , we will be in the top 4 and from there we get a double chance, we don't actually know how good our team is because we have only just started to click.

go saints

No. I meant what I wrote.

GA along with general Memberships have never been guaranteed entry and are sold subject to capacity (on arrival).

So if the ground is full when you arrive and you do not have a reserved seat then you will not get in.

If you think back you will sometime see news reports of disgruntled fans not being able to get in despite have tickets.

For Saints games it is not normally issue. however it is one reason why Dons games in the past have normally been fully ticketed against at Etihad. The Dons support fell away, but their fans are now back.
Thanks for clarifying that stfan............Gee...I've always assumed that if you have a basic membership which you have paid for prior to the game....you get in the gate if it's a home game and it's not a fully ticketed game.

You could just stand on the concourse or try yr luck on level 3.

Now you mention it.....there were a couple of pissed off STK members in the media who couldn't get into the Carlton game last year......that crowd took everyone by surprise.

I remember thinking..."what on earth are they carrying on about...their STK members"

Wise advice by yrself.....I suspect some STK members will not be able to get into the ground tomorrow night.

I'm not on twitter but was scrolling thru the twitter posts on the club website during the week.

One club post....I can't remember the time stamp....said all GA tics were sold...so maybe some STK members couldn't get in last Sat night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dons fans seem to be out and about at present. So if you do not have a reserved seat I would suggest arrive at the game early.
Great advice there stfan and glad you posted what you did..............I bet if I asked all the people I know who are STK members....I bet none of them would have known what you have posted.....I certainly didn't.

18 yr old Battle playing , that is a huge gamble by the Saints , he must be one hell of a player - didn't really here about him too much while playing for Sandy , heard more about Marshall , however for a kid 18 to make the squad he must be pretty good, sure looks like they have scored another good one - well done the selectors to let him show his worth, hope he has a ripper .

Honestly can't believe they gave Battle a game, Acres had 25 touches in a half. Freeman 37 the week before, Rice has been killing it all year and STILL can't get a debut and even Dunny had 38 and a goal or something nutty like that but they give a game to Battle. **** me.

Honestly can't believe they gave Battle a game, Acres had 25 touches in a half. Freeman 37 the week before, Rice has been killing it all year and STILL can't get a debut and even Dunny had 38 and a goal or something nutty like that but they give a game to Battle. **** me.

Which of those five guys you mention are tall forwards?

From reading your board is it because the dons lack the lock down players against them?

Would Gleeson and Bagualy be the 2 players to match up on Billings and Gresham

I reckon Baguley will go to Billings and McGrath to Gresham. Gleeson is a fair bit taller and is leading the AFL in intercept marks since he came back into the team. I think he will go to Battle. Funny thing is, Battle is probably bulkier lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back