Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it's pretty exciting that despite not having a first round pick last year and despite genuinely pushing for finals, we've still managed to get games into our first two draft picks from last year and I think we've now had 6 make their debut for the club this year.

For me, it's pretty exciting that despite not having a first round pick last year and despite genuinely pushing for finals, we've still managed to get games into our first two draft picks from last year and I think we've now had 6 make their debut for the club this year.
Only 2 draftees have debuted (Long & Battle).

The other 4 are Carlisle, Brown, Steele & Stevens who were all AFL standard anyway

Keen to see more of the younger draftees get games - Rice, White, Marshall etc - but given the team balance, they'd have to be banging down the door pretty hard to get into the team

Only 2 draftees have debuted (Long & Battle).

The other 4 are Carlisle, Brown, Steele & Stevens who were all AFL standard anyway

Keen to see more of the younger draftees get games - Rice, White, Marshall etc - but given the team balance, they'd have to be banging down the door pretty hard to get into the team
2 draftees out of three in a side sitting 7th is pretty good. Yes o know the rest were from other clubs, just stating we've had 6 new players all up.

I don't think the focus should be so much on blooding kids now, we are a side pushing for finals, we are past the point of just blooding kids for the sake of it. Team balance and form is the most important thing, but as I said, it is great that we have still managed to get games in two of our draftees.

David King being nice to us and admitting he may have been overly critical on carlisle trade in the HS this morning...

Panic stations
Couldn't care any less what Kingy says tbh.
Surely embarrassed into it anyway?

Apparently the search is on for the new Kermit the Frog voice. He would fit right in with the rest of the Muppets.

Honestly can't believe they gave Battle a game, Acres had 25 touches in a half. Freeman 37 the week before, Rice has been killing it all year and STILL can't get a debut and even Dunny had 38 and a goal or something nutty like that but they give a game to Battle. **** me.
There is an article on the Saints Website giving reasons why Josh Battle is playing.

Massive game tonight! Hope Hickey and Battle can step up tonight and fill the gaps.

Hope Ross, Stevens and Steven can give us first use and make it easier for our forwards.

David King being nice to us and admitting he may have been overly critical on carlisle trade in the HS this morning...

Panic stations

He is on SEN on a show called pure footy with the guy from Champion Data and he's actually pretty considered and reasonable on that. My hate for him has dropped since listening to that. He's been pretty positive on us since last year.

Massive game tonight! Hope Hickey and Battle can step up tonight and fill the gaps.

Hope Ross, Stevens and Steven can give us first use and make it easier for our forwards.
It's all about our attitude big game last week, hopefully we don't have a let down saints by 25 points remember Essendon got beat by Brisbane 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't say they are flying and beat possibly the 2nd last side last week in Collingwood.

It's all about our attitude big game last week, hopefully we don't have a let down saints by 25 points remember Essendon got beat by Brisbane 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't say they are flying and beat possibly the 2nd last side last week in Collingwood.

They are playing very good footy at times though. Take them lightly and they will beat you. They are playing a bit like us last year with a very good list coming together but just learning to play together. They will knock off some good teams and lose to some they shouldn't but are coming up. If they get on a roll they could easily beat us. We need to kick straight and try to mentally break them early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly can't believe they gave Battle a game, Acres had 25 touches in a half. Freeman 37 the week before, Rice has been killing it all year and STILL can't get a debut and even Dunny had 38 and a goal or something nutty like that but they give a game to Battle. **** me.
And none of them play the role Membrey does. Battle does. If Carlisle doesnt pull up, guess what: Freeman or Acres won't be replacing him either. It's not rocket science.

I like that in consecutive weeks we've prompted teams to call up virtually unsighted defensive midfielders specifically to do a job on one of ours. The respect from the competition is growing

He's not a prime mover but he's the one who gets their crowd & his teammates up & going.

Lock down on Tipungwuti & we'll keep them all quiet. He can't be given an inch.
And please no hospital kicks or handballs in his vicinity. The bloke is a wrecking ball

I like that in consecutive weeks we've prompted teams to call up virtually unsighted defensive midfielders specifically to do a job on one of ours. The respect from the competition is growing
TBF, Taylor Hunt tagged Billings last week & he was certainly more quiet than usual. Still found it 20? times though. The players know they just have to keep working hard through the close attention

I hope Battle has a ripper , but his selection was a surprise because Acres was the natural replacement , being bigger and just as heavy as Skunk , also Marshall who has been going ok at Sandy , where Battle has not really been setting the world on fire at Sandy. However with saying that it is a good move to blood him and you never know we could have another young star on our hands.

Go To Battle Saints

TBF, Taylor Hunt tagged Billings last week & he was certainly more quiet than usual. Still found it 20? times though. The players know they just have to keep working hard through the close attention
I would say Billings was slightly off not so much hunt being the reason. Second grabbed everything. I think he kicks 3 tonight.

Absolutely. With work ethic and help from teammates, I'd back our boys to get through tags from a Hunt or Bird. Along with that, Hunt had 3K 7H for the night so provided nothing offensively. I think we should view it as a plus for us if we work hard and smart tonight!

People said the same on here about Long's selection last week. Club has a clear plan at the moment in its selection and feel it's a good time to debut these guys. I'm looking forward to seeing what Battle can do. In a fortnight he'll be back in the VFL hopefully on the back of 2 good games.

Re Freeman he's sore. Rice must be very close. Acres would have come in for Newnes. Dunstan needs to find consistency to takehis game to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back