Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me take a guess, you shop at Colesworth and don't live off the land. With such a determined attitude like yours how do you sleep at night? Sucking and accepting the undermining corporate teet, yet simply hearing a WTC creates such a reaction from you?
"Uhh you don't like corporations?? Then explain why you live in society and aren't homeless????"

I won't get into that. But imo these costless, do-nothing gestures like WTC and YES exist to cause division and distract from the centralisation of corporate power increasingly undermining government and culture. It's because I want better for indigenous people that this stuff irks me tbh, because it's empty pandering that doesn't do anything for anyone. Support real change ($$$) or shutup.
You realise there can be real change as well as voice/WTC, right?

They're not mutually exclusive.

I can understand that for some people it's rammed down their throats by 'progressive' corporations, however that's an entirely separate issue altogether and the WTC has become the scapegoat and Newman's comments have emboldened closet racists.

There's enough real divisions in society without people getting massively worked up over something so trivial.

I remember at the NRL Grand Final where Macklemore was performing there was talk about how there would be protests in the stands (lol and the proposal by a certain now Opposition Leader that the No to Marriage Equality crew should get a right of reply song to Same Love).

I think in the end everyone was too chickenshit to go along with it.

The wind is much more in the sails of conservative forces on this issue than it was that, but inshallah this becomes the same nothing issue.

"Uhh you don't like corporations?? Then explain why you live in society and aren't homeless????"

But wouldn't that hurt and affect you so much more? Participating in such hardship against your morals? Weird that half your posts are only in this thread tho. Because listening to something you could easily ignore is so terrible for you...apparently.

Thanks for taking my comment out of context and showing your ignorance.
You’re quite handy with the judgemental attitude

Wish I were as cool as you

You realise there can be real change as well as voice/WTC, right?

They're not mutually exclusive.

I can understand that for some people it's rammed down their throats by 'progressive' corporations, however that's an entirely separate issue altogether and the WTC has become the scapegoat and Newman's comments have emboldened closet racists.

There's enough real divisions in society without people getting massively worked up over something so trivial.
They are to a degree, that's my point. It's a cheap form of placation so that real change doesn't have to happen. And it's one after another, disingenuous and divisive, pointless and profitable. Why wouldn't I boo?

Move forward...by ignoring the past? Sounds like a good ol' fashioned history to repeat itself suggestion.
It's not ignoring the past. History is very important as it teaches us lessons for the future.

Clinging onto it, especially certain events people weren't even alive for, is unhealthy, because it dooms people to repeat said mistakes over and over again. It's just usually the receiving side then becomes the aggressor and in another couple of hundred years the cycle reverses and repeats itself.

That's the lesson that needs to be learnt.

Please show me any quote ive made that says I am against it. I said I was confused by the fact I am being welcomed to the country I was born and raised in.
Its our country. I was born and raised here.

This statement is not for it. Nor is it neutral.
It's a clear statement in opposition to Welcome to Country... based on your lack of understanding of what Welcome to Country actually is.

Welcome to Country explained...

But wouldn't that hurt and affect you so much more? Participating in such hardship against your morals? Weird that half your posts are only in this thread tho. Because listening to something you could easily ignore is so terrible for you...apparently.
I don't appreciate your tone, but sure I'm a hypocrite cos I shop at colesworth and disagree with despotism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The past has been acknowledged but ! How long do we have to keep gripping onto it ! It cant be changed !

The past cant be changed, the future can... pick one

Has it been acknowledged? Not from what I'm reading from half the peeps in here.

Progress isn't an overnight phenomenon.

Yeah, I can really see countries like America, England, France, Germany, Russia, China all having a go at us for how we treat racial minorities... :drunk:

And those ones I listed are GOOD compared to virtually all of Africa/Middle East and Asia. You have no clue what the worlds like if you think this.

Yeah, nah. Hopefully you're not booing tonight.

You're trying to discredit me based on probabilities and assumptions, when I've explicitly directed you to a small handful of posts within this thread that explain my argument. You're willfully ignorant, and emotionally unstable.
I've literally linked you to the Welcome to Country explanation that you're actively against... and you ignore that.

While telling me I need to research your posts, to understand why you're specifically against "WTC"...

You are deliberately ignorant, for the sake of hate.
That's on you.
DYOR...

Well I’ll be voting no for the same reason that people voted yes at over 90% in 1967 - To take race OUT of the constitution. We should all be treated equally irrespective of genetics.

Hopefully when you get into the privacy of the ballot box you’ll vote no too.

If you want to take white supremacy out of the constitution vote Yes. Don't listen to Sam

I don't appreciate your tone, but sure I'm a hypocrite cos I shop at colesworth and disagree with despotism.

My tone is one of compassion. You are clearly suffering. Your references to "distract from the centralisation of corporate power increasingly undermining government and culture. It's because I want better for indigenous people that this stuff irks me tbh," really hit a note. I don't want you participating in something that affects you so much. So much that you're distracted by a simple WTC.

I would think that nobody would be that scummy but in a crowd of 95k I guess there could be some idiots.

You think wrong. This thread shows different. Just look at social media, and speak to people in real life and you'll see they will boo.

I've literally linked you to the Welcome to Country explanation that you're actively against... and you ignore that.

While telling me I need to research your posts, to understand why you're specifically against "WTC"...

You are deliberately ignorant, for the sake of hate.
That's on you.
DYOR...
The explanation does not satisfy me, I don't believe that it has any significant effect.
My tone is one of compassion. You are clearly suffering. Your references to "distract from the centralisation of corporate power increasingly undermining government and culture. It's because I want better for indigenous people that this stuff irks me tbh," really hit a note. I don't want you participating in something that affects you so much. So much that you're distracted by a simple WTC.
Oh I'm feeling the love. Bro tries to gaslight me and calls it compassion lmao. You're a sick puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back