VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless he played in defence (a possibility with Willy J kicking 1 goal 2 behinds, indicating he got moved up forward), he was pretty quiet. 9 possessions (none contested), no contested marks, no tackles. I guess an injury is a possibility (maybe B10 or zebraman can clarify?).

Disappointing after being real good last week. I guess consistency is always an issue when you're still learning the game (and not getting the easy/soft touches which come with experience, and reading the play and your teammates).
No Walsh injury. Played up forward for most of the game and didn't get much of it and then moved down back and had little impact for the day but not the lone ranger.

Will looked better up forward and kicked one and should have kicked one or two more.

Overall pretty disappointing day, 3 points and no goals at half time against the second bottom team.

Thought Lynchy was best Saint for second week in a row. Much prefer him down back.

Your right Squizz a few had real bad days and will need to improve over the next few weeks.

Will looked better up forward and kicked one and should have kicked one or two more.

I'll be interested to see if they stick with him up there, just like they need to with Lynchy down back.

Willy J attacks the ball pretty feriociously which is a good feature for a half forward - but not always the best tactic as a defender - and kicks 50m+ (notwithstanding he's sprayed a few under pressure). Might be a good spot for him (and he's struggled this year, so needs to do something different).

Having some real intensity up there would help the Zebs alot, particularly as PC has been up-and-down, Darch has some way to go, and Sautner only leaves the goalsquare to go to the quarter time huddles.

As I work weekends and generally roster my shifts around St Kilda games I haven't had a chance to see a VFL game this season.

Barring a late call-up that will change on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing us play, particularly my first viewing of Tommy Walsh since the intra-club game.

I'll be interested to see if they stick with him up there, just like they need to with Lynchy down back.

Willy J attacks the ball pretty feriociously which is a good feature for a half forward - but not always the best tactic as a defender - and kicks 50m+ (notwithstanding he's sprayed a few under pressure). Might be a good spot for him (and he's struggled this year, so needs to do something different).

Having some real intensity up there would help the Zebs alot, particularly as PC has been up-and-down, Darch has some way to go, and Sautner only leaves the goalsquare to go to the quarter time huddles.

Sounds like a good old fashioned footballer.:thumbsu:

It seems reading the Zeb posts that we are developing plenty of backmen and they feature prominently in the reports. Who are we getting runs out of up forward? I know the Zebs are getting beaten that the backmen are getting more of a mention, but are we getting a return on anyone up front?

No Walsh injury. Played up forward for most of the game and didn't get much of it and then moved down back and had little impact for the day but not the lone ranger.

Overall pretty disappointing day, 3 points and no goals at half time against the second bottom team.

Thought Lynchy was best Saint for second week in a row. Much prefer him down back.

Your right Squizz a few had real bad days and will need to improve over the next few weeks.

maybe flu?

it has been going around lately.

maybe flu?

it has been going around lately.

Lyon said that about 8 had the flu, so certainly some of the guys playing with the Zebs would have been affected. Hopefully the lurgy has run its course and we will see an improved performance this week.

I know the Zebs are getting beaten that the backmen are getting more of a mention, but are we getting a return on anyone up front?

Drago is still grappling with marking the ball in a stationary marking contest - to the extent that I've seen (a few times) him be more inclined to palm the ball to the advantage of a teammate rather than trying to mark. Seems OK on the lead (when he can shake his opponent). Has shown good glimpses given it's his first season of playing the game at any level (and noting he's 195cm and 22yo).

Lynchy was struggling a bit up front, but looks the good down back (along with Wool and Tommy S).

PC has been inconsistent, but is not 20yo yet.

Whilst Darch has struggled in games I've seen, I actually like the way he moves and tries. He'll need time (only 18yo and will probably need 2 years) to develop the strength and running capacity. Seems a little heavy, but we'll see how he comes back after another pre-season.

Lyon said that about 8 had the flu, so certainly some of the guys playing with the Zebs would have been affected. Hopefully the lurgy has run its course and we will see an improved performance this week.

he was laughing at the time he said that! so he may have been joking about the number.

he does not often give much much awayabout the team bofore a game! :))

he was laughing at the time he said that! so he may have been joking about the number.

Yeah, maybe the correct number was 12.

Just a quick heads up for those who can't make it to Sandy on Sunday.

There will be a radio call of the Sandy v Box Hill game on 94.1 FM 3WBC (Inner East Melbourne) and a stream of the game on 3wbc.org.au from 1pm.

Saying that though, I hope most of you turn up as there was a good crowd between these two sides at Box Hill last year.

Sandringham vs. Box Hill Hawks
Sunday 18th July
Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 2:00 PM

Sandringham

B: Howard Walsh Johnson
HB: Lynch Simpkin Dempster
C: Gallagher Armitage Sands
HF: A. Smith Stanley Tregear
F: Cahill Sautner King
R: McEvoy Heyne Magner
Int: Nash Ferraro Lourey Irving Lyons*
Hardiman Hunter Waller Archer

Box Hill Hawks

B: Shiels Muston Breust
HB: Kayler-Thomson Schoenmakers Suckling
C: Savage Tuck Moss
HF: Morton Dowler Sewell
F: Lowden Lisle Milne
R: Taylor Stokes Ladson
Int: Kiel J. Hoegel Pedersen Kenna Andrews
Curnow Duryea S. Gibson O'Shea*

no clarke. must still be injured.

Lyon mentioned Raph has only just finished his rehab. Will probably be back in full training next week.

Disappointing not to see Wool in the line-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon mentioned Raph has only just finished his rehab. Will probably be back in full training next week.

Disappointing not to see Wool in the line-up.

the squeeze is on as Saints return from injury/illness

Great to see this game is on radio and live stream

Willy J kicks a ripper from 50m. A few errors by the boys but 2.3 to 0.4.

3.3 to 0.5 at qtr time after having the wind.

Armo in the thick of it as you'd expect on a wet day but struggling to get clean possession.

Lynch has taken a number of marks, but his kicking has let him down.

King and Macca controlling the rucks.

Howard playing very well down back.

Drago took out Ladson with a massive bump (legitimate contest), who had been playing well despite attention from Alias. Gone straight to the rooms coughing blood.

3.3 to 2.7

A pretty rancid quarter of footy by the boys. Lynchy's kicking went right off. Lucky to be this close (3.4 to 4.10 at half time).

Solid game from Macca. Drago good at full back along with Tommy S.

Note that Ladson is OK, but hasn't had a touch since coming back on.

Just into the 3rd, a Box Hill player appears to have broken his leg after a fierce tackle from Heyney who has been very quiet.

4.11 to 5.12 at 3/4 time.

Think Armo has done his knee again.

You really are a hard core supporter to be out there, Squizzy - far too rainy, cold and windy for me...

:eek:

Armo re-injured his knee?
Wasn't paying a lot of attention to the call, but they say it's serious, had to be carried off.
The bench think it's not looking good.

Shit.

Soft! You only live down the road.

I know - I bow my head in shame...

But I knew you'd be there so I would know all about the game sitting on the couch with a cup of cocoa and mashmellows...

:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back