VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

With Sandy most likely not in the finalsthis year there will be nowhere for the Saints players to keep up match fitness in games.

You work that out on your own?

A number of Saints-listed players have been held out as an emergency for the AFL (and not played VFL) a number of times this year without any issues in relation to their condition.

Sandy missed the finals last year too, yet the Saints made the GF.

Got any other bright ideas?

Round 15 Vs Northern Bullants Sunday at TBBO

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=12820056&sectionID=56266

Sandringham Seniors - 2 pm
In - McQualter, Hutchings, T.Johnston, J.Geary, Simpkin

Out - Tom Lynch (Up to St Kilda side)

B Johnson Gaertner Howard
HB Smith Simpkin Gallagher
C Miles Magner Heyne
HF Tregear Walsh Irving
F Cahill Sautner Stanley
R Pattison McQualter Eddy
Int Geary Hutchings Sands
Ferraro Johnston Waller
Archer Hardiman Hallahan

Sandringham Reserves -11am
B McMahon Gower O'Sullivan
HB Meehan Nash Shakallis
C Johnston Paterakis Andrews
HF Allan Lourey Stapleton
F Geary Barnes Hutchings
R Jones Fisher Fleming
Int Bruno Johnston Archer
Hardiman Rowlands McBain
Sands Murnane Cathcart
Boland Ambrose Ferraro
Waller De Blecourt Nissen

Good to see Fish back on the Field

and Hutchings getting a chance for seniors.

Can someone please explain your point of view on how Tommy Walsh has been doing in the last patch of games?

I thought he was doing more than OK during the first half of the year, but I don't see you guys commenting a lot on him since then...

If you take it from the perspective of it being his first season of competitive footy, he's going pretty well.

But the expectations are high, and some seem to worry when he has an off day. Sure, he's been patchy up forward and has been moved into the backline - but our first year rookie is holding his own back there (so some good signs).

The issue there is that Wool, Tommy S and Lynchy have been going well in defence. We need Drago to start firing up forward next year (probably Lynchy too).

Whats up with Raph? Has he re-injured his hammy since he has being out since the Freo game.

Not sure what's going on there. Still listed as injured (but not sure if this is re-injured, as he was due back by now):
David Armitage (knee)
Raphael Clarke (left hamstring strain)
Nick Dal Santo (broken nose)
Steven King (minor hamstring strain)
Jesse Smith (ankle) - season
Updated July 26

You work that out on your own?

A number of Saints-listed players have been held out as an emergency for the AFL (and not played VFL) a number of times this year without any issues in relation to their condition.

Sandy missed the finals last year too, yet the Saints made the GF.

Got any other bright ideas?

You are a nasty piece of work arent you?

Round 15 Vs Northern Bullants Sunday at TBBO

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=12820056&sectionID=56266

Sandringham Seniors - 2 pm
In - McQualter, Hutchings, T.Johnston, J.Geary, Simpkin

Out - Tom Lynch (Up to St Kilda side)

B Johnson Gaertner Howard
HB Smith Simpkin Gallagher
C Miles Magner Heyne
HF Tregear Walsh Irving
F Cahill Sautner Stanley
R Pattison McQualter Eddy
Int Geary Hutchings Sands
Ferraro Johnston Waller
Archer Hardiman Hallahan

Sandringham Reserves -11am
B McMahon Gower O'Sullivan
HB Meehan Nash Shakallis
C Johnston Paterakis Andrews
HF Allan Lourey Stapleton
F Geary Barnes Hutchings
R Jones Fisher Fleming
Int Bruno Johnston Archer
Hardiman Rowlands McBain
Sands Murnane Cathcart
Boland Ambrose Ferraro
Waller De Blecourt Nissen

Good to see Fish back on the Field

and Hutchings getting a chance for seniors.
Bullants v Sandringham
Beach Oval
2pm Sunday, 1st August

B Davies M. Austin J. Anderson
HB Browne Thornton Tuohy
C Iacobucci Hadley McCorkell
HF S. Austin Casboult Houlihan
F Woods O'Hailpin Arrowsmith
R Jacobs Robinson Ellard

Reckon the Blues aligined Preston will a pretty ordinary Sandy a hiding.The Saints wont want to get many more injuries as there is not much talent there in the Sandy team.

Reckon the Blues aligined Preston will a pretty ordinary Sandy a hiding.The Saints wont want to get many more injuries as there is not much talent there in the Sandy team.

Nasty on Wednesdays and Irritated (by stupid comments and poor grammar) on Fridays.

How about you _uck off now that you've shown how little you know?

Eddy is back from injury and provides cover at AFL level along with Pattison, McQualter and Geary (the latter two having played a number of good games with the Saints this year). Heyne and Stanley could easily be slotted into the line up, and Lynch has just been promoted. Clarke will most likely return next week.

Bullants v Sandringham
Beach Oval
2pm Sunday, 1st August

B Davies M. Austin J. Anderson
HB Browne Thornton Tuohy
C Iacobucci Hadley McCorkell
HF S. Austin Casboult Houlihan
F Woods O'Hailpin Arrowsmith
R Jacobs Robinson Ellard

I think you will be surprised at how well the backline with Gaertner , Simpkin, and Smith will perform. Gaertner in particular is a very versatile player, who can also run through the midfield. Should be interesting to see how they go against the likes of Houlihan and O'Hailpin.

Saints player's Geary, McQualter and Eddy are not exactly superstars at AFL level, but when they play VFL level they can break a game apart ( as can Adam Pattison). Luke Miles and Nick Heyne are very quick players, and are at the fringes of AFL.

Cahill has been very good at taking marks and kicking goals, but only if Sandy stalwart Sautner leaves some for him.

In conclusion , I dont think you have a clue.

Nasty on Wednesdays and Irritated (by stupid comments and poor grammar) on Fridays.

How about you _uck off now that you've shown how little you know?

Eddy is back from injury and provides cover at AFL level along with Pattison, McQualter and Geary (the latter two having played a number of good games with the Saints this year). Heyne and Stanley could easily be slotted into the line up, and Lynch has just been promoted. Clarke will most likely return next week.

Beat me to it Squizzy, when you consider players we've had coming back from injury, and regular SandySaints covering for injured Saints players ( Stanley ) and so on during the year, I reckon this is the most cohesive line up they've had all year. Geary is going to go into overdrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, iPhone is my only net option atm and maps is failing miserably. Is your ground really in frankston!? Hopefully it's a good game cause that is one long as drive :eek:

Hey guys, iPhone is my only net option atm and maps is failing miserably. Is your ground really in frankston!? Hopefully it's a good game cause that is one long as drive :eek:

As JB points out, Sandringham play their home games at Trevor Barker Oval in Sandringham (next to Sandringham Marina at the corner of Beach Road and Hampton Street).

Enjoy the game.

Found this amongst an article on The Age website:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/link-to-roos-but-tigers-not-in-the-hunt-20100730-10zus.html

Tregear has 'class'

SANDRINGHAM: Hard-running midfielder Shane Tregear is worthy of being drafted to an AFL club next season, says coach Andy Lovell. Tregear has enjoyed a stellar season and appears likely to attract interest from AFL recruiters. "He's got a bit of class and he's got a bit of poise. He uses the ball well, he's a good decision maker," Lovell said.
"I think he can [be drafted]. He's only a young fella and he works really hard. I think if someone took a chance on him, he'd be a pretty good pick-up."

Found this amongst an article on The Age website:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/link-to-roos-but-tigers-not-in-the-hunt-20100730-10zus.html

Tregear has 'class'

SANDRINGHAM: Hard-running midfielder Shane Tregear is worthy of being drafted to an AFL club next season, says coach Andy Lovell. Tregear has enjoyed a stellar season and appears likely to attract interest from AFL recruiters. "He's got a bit of class and he's got a bit of poise. He uses the ball well, he's a good decision maker," Lovell said.
"I think he can [be drafted]. He's only a young fella and he works really hard. I think if someone took a chance on him, he'd be a pretty good pick-up."

Hmmmm I believe I said this some weeks ago!

Good first quarter into the wind (more of a cross wind). 1.0 to 1.1

Wool and Tommy S going well down back.

Mini and Rob Who getting plenty of touches. Alias has been involved.

A solid second quarter was ruined by a couple of ordinary efforts from the FF. 3.3 to 2.3 at half time.

Drago had an excellent 10 minutes, with a few of the Zeb boys (Irving and Howard, with good support from Tregear and Magner).

Heyney had a better quarter and Darch gave a contest. Eddy had a few possies again.

Best quarter (for mine) of the year. Kept them to 1pt against a fierce wind.

5.6 to 2.4

Irving was a magnet and the defence met every challenge - Will J, Tommy S and Howie right on top.

Rhys did some good things and Eddy got some more of the pill.

Rhys kicks the first in the last (2 mins in) after a great passage.

Dominating now - 8.8 to 2.6

And that is the final score.

Will report later.

2010 VFL Seniors
Sandringham 1.0 3.3 5.6 8.8 (56)
Northern Bullants 1.1 2.3 2.4 2.6 (18)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 2 Tregear Walsh Smith Waller Stanley Archer

BEST:
Sandringham: Smith Simpkin Pattison Eddy Magner Archer

Reckon the Blues aligined Preston will a pretty ordinary Sandy a hiding.

Oh and quoted for fail. :eek::eek:

Amongst all the dick measuring going on in the Sandy thread at Saintsational, Ali Smith apparently had 37 touches and kicked a goal. So there's one who's pressing.

2010 VFL Seniors
Sandringham 1.0 3.3 5.6 8.8 (56)
Northern Bullants 1.1 2.3 2.4 2.6 (18)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 2 Tregear Walsh Smith Waller Stanley Archer

BEST:
Sandringham: Smith Simpkin Pattison Eddy Magner Archer

I don't understand how they come up with the 'best'.

I unfortunately had to leave at 3/4 time (and despite the awful conditions, I mean unfortunately as the third quarter was fantastic), but thought that Irving was best on ground by a mile and Howard certainly also amongst the best (and I am not having a go at any of those named).

That was a bloody good 4 quarter effort from the Zebs.

Finally they work out that chipping sideways in windy and wet conditions ends in tears. Plenty of long balls to a contest today (even if 2 on 1), and eventually the Bullants got sucked up the ground and lost their forward line structure.

They got the best players wrong again - there must be a lucky dip after the game. Irving was BOG and Howard, Magner and Gallagher were very good. The Saints have really got to look at Howie again and it looks like Irving will get picked up by someone.

Heyne - some good moments. Broke a number of tackles.

Rhys - took a while to adjust to the conditions, but went on-ball (both ruck and ruck-rover) and had an impact in the second half.

Mini - solid game.

Patto - beaten by Jacobs in the first quarter, he bounced back well and put his body on the line. Kicked very well given the conditions.

Miles - got a few possies and gave the team a bit of run. Shanked a few kicks though.

Willy J - best game I've seen from him this year. Took a number of saving marks, bashed and crashed, and kicked well into the breeze.

PC - tried hard, but didn't really feature.

Alias - not BOG, but had a good match in contested possessions. Don't think he was tagging.

Rob Who - plenty of touches and energy. Enough to put his hand up for AFL selection.

Wool - huge number of defensive spoils. Can't remember his opponent having any impact.

Tommy S - very good. Sure hands in the air and at ground level. Geez, he can be casual at times (and takes a risk)!

Darch - should not have been in our best players, but again just does a few things to let you know he's on the right track.

Drago - quiet early, but had a good period in the second and then went into defence and did the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back