VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see if McQ comes back in, in front of Smith or Eddy.
With Dawson injured it seems we need a replacement. Yeah we could run Lynch of the back, and let Fish go full back, but it seems to me Gaertner is doing a good job as a stopper ( and is also able to be more damaging when the situation demands it ).
We have rookie elevations to play with and its what I'd be doing.

Be interesting to see if McQ comes back in, in front of Smith or Eddy.
With Dawson injured it seems we need a replacement. Yeah we could run Lynch of the back, and let Fish go full back, but it seems to me Gaertner is doing a good job as a stopper ( and is also able to be more damaging when the situation demands it ).
We have rookie elevations to play with and its what I'd be doing.

Despite the fact that rookies can no longer be elevated, it's Rnd 19. It's not going to happen.

I think you CAN still do it. It's just kinda pointless at this stage.

If we lose a big player, we'd have to rely on normal backups, like a Stanley, McQualter, Eddy or Cahill. Promoting the likes of Gaertner, Simpkin or Darch would just be stupid at this stage.

Although if Tommy Walsh ****s shit up in the next few weeks...who knows.

Despite the fact that rookies can no longer be elevated, it's Rnd 19. It's not going to happen.

"Under AFL Rule 21.11.1, Clubs may nominate one player from their rookie list as being available for selection at any time after the conclusion of Round 11 and before 2pm on the Tuesday after Round 22. The club’s ability to nominate a rookie under this rule is subject to meeting TPP requirements."

"Under AFL Rule 21.11.1, Clubs may nominate one player from their rookie list as being available for selection at any time after the conclusion of Round 11 and before 2pm on the Tuesday after Round 22. The club’s ability to nominate a rookie under this rule is subject to meeting TPP requirements."

I stand corrected. Apologies brothers.

Still not going to happen in Round 19 though.

Still not going to happen in Round 19 though.

Agree.

Simpkin, Gaertner and Walsh are good prospects - as is Hutchings, but he is currently injured - but remember that Simpkin has been injured, Wool was dropped (unfairly imo) to the VFL ressies a couple of weeks back, and the club was never going to play Drago this year.

With CJ to return and Eddy, Pattison, and McQualter in the wings the Saints will be looking to some experienced players. The form of Alias has been encouraging though, and Heyne & Stanley have the talent (and Rhys showed alot more grunt than I'd seen in previous games which might have pricked the coaches interest too).

Stats:

Alias - 37 poss (18 contested), 6 tackles

Rob Who - 25 poss (11 contested), 7 tackles

Tommy S - 24 poss (9 contested), 4 tackles

Patto - 20 poss (15 contested), 18 hitouts

Fiery - 19 poss (11 contested), 3 tackles

For the Zebs - "Mags" had 34 poss, "Gags" 26, "Irvo" 21 (but had a huge impact on the game) and "Trigger" 21.

Stats:

Alias - 37 poss (18 contested), 6 tackles

Rob Who - 25 poss (11 contested), 7 tackles

Tommy S - 24 poss (9 contested), 4 tackles

Patto - 20 poss (15 contested), 18 hitouts

Fiery - 19 poss (11 contested), 3 tackles

For the Zebs - "Mags" had 34 poss, "Gags" 26, "Irvo" 21 (but had a huge impact on the game) and "Trigger" 21.

Eddy in for Lynch and Milo in for Zac?

What were Mini's stats?

Eddy in for Lynch

Milo in for Zac?

What were Mini's stats?

Eddy is about right now (fitness-wise, although still looks a little distressed after his rotations).

CJ comes back in?

No for mine on Miles. Whilst he's got pace, decent hands and can kick 60m he does some "interesting" things at times. Was dropped to the ressies a couple of weeks ago, so may have fallen back a peg or two in the rankings.

Mini worked hard, but didn't really get much of the ball in space. 14 posessions and 5 tackles.

Whilst Port play pretty tall, I'm happy to stick with Fish, Blakey and Gwilt (rather than go like-for-like in replacing Zac).

Eddy is about right now (fitness-wise, although still looks a little distressed after his rotations).

CJ comes back in?

No for mine on Miles. Whilst he's got pace, decent hands and can kick 60m he does some "interesting" things at times. Was dropped to the ressies a couple of weeks ago, so may have fallen back a peg or two in the rankings.

Mini worked hard, but didn't really get much of the ball in space. 14 posessions and 5 tackles.

Whilst Port play pretty tall, I'm happy to stick with Fish, Blakey and Gwilt (rather than go like-for-like in replacing Zac).

Totally forgot CJ. I'm on fire today.

I thought defence looked great wihout Zac. Funnily enough wasn't the Essendon game in Round 20 last year, Maxy's last game?

Geary should stay in then, need a hard mid sized player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought defence looked great without Zac.

Agree, although it's not Zac's fault. I haven't got the answer there, as I like Zac in the team but we get too top heavy when we have all the talls back there.

That one is definitely my opinion! :p

Agree, although it's not Zac's fault. I haven't got the answer there, as I like Zac in the team but we get too top heavy when we have all the talls back there.

That one is definitely my opinion! :p

Not at all, I was impressed with Zac's effort on Franklin.

A horses for courses approach needs to be adopted perhaps against a side like Essendon, but with so many blokes in a trough, it's a struggle.

A horses for courses approach needs to be adopted

I'd love to see that.

I understand Ross' theory - having a stable 22 means everyone knows that the others are doing and can act more instinctively in pressure situations.

But after a while all the other teams know what they are doing too!

Sandringham vs. Port Melbourne
Sunday 8th August
Trevor Barker Beach Oval at 2:00 PM

Sandringham

B: Howard Simpkin Lynch
HB: J. Geary Gaertner Gallagher
C: Miles Armitage Magner
HF: Irving Pattison Peake
F: Stanley Sautner Tregear
R: McEvoy Heyne A. Smith
Int: C. Jones Sands Waller Hallahan Ferraro Walsh Hutchings
Johnson Steven Archer Cahill T. Johnston

Port Melbourne

B: Dalton Sandilands Wall
HB: Dillon Pleming Raymond
C: Dwyer Bentick Batsanis
HF: Valenti Sinclair Cain
F: Galea Bonaddio McGrath
R: Fanning Pinwill R. McMahon
Int: McLaren Martin Keddell Castricum* Scipione Brewer Suckling
Johnston

ARMITAGE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure that there will be a fair bit of junk time at Etihad in the last quarter, so I've made the switch to the Zebs. 34 to 42 at half time (think it was 5 goals to 1 at qtr time).

47 to 42.

Lynchy playing half forward. Rhys in the ruck. Drago forward. Fiery on a wing.

Armo looking a little out of condition (to be expected).

Rhys has 2 shots from 60. Just misses both.

15 mins in it is a close one. 72 to 56 (Port with the wind)

Lynch has kicked 2. Must be one hell of breeze down there to one end

Dont think The Knife played today as he was emergency for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Sandringham Zebras 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back