SC Defenders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 SC Defenders Discussion Thread

Is Josh Drummond an option for a 5th defensive spot?

Huge question marks over whether he can last more than 10-12 games let alone a season. But if he did- would be an absolute bargain at his price. It's a calculated risk- the type that can make or break a season... Only u can decide!

Huge question marks over whether he can last more than 10-12 games let alone a season. But if he did- would be an absolute bargain at his price. It's a calculated risk- the type that can make or break a season... Only u can decide!

Very risky. Has an injury already this season. Hip injury out for 6 weeks according to AFL website. But if you want to pick him, save a trade like I did last year. You'll need it.

Hmmm that's what I'm thinking too. Keen to see his physical condition too- he put on a few kgs last year hopefully he's pulled his finger out and working hard. And right about Gilbee- though with Harbrow gone he may get more time rebouding on HBF... Cheers mate

From reports he is training very well (krak) in terms of preparation and attitude. Fitness will limit him early I think but that is only due to no afl preseasons in awhile. But as he becomes fitter he should spend more time in the middle. His clearance work at training and limited NAB cup time suggests he will spend time in the midfield.

One of my first picked this year.

Consider Astbury. Will play the whole year barring injury. Lovely kick and good hands. Tigers found him plenty on Saturday. We have a tough start so he'll be seeing plenty of action.

With Brown out will Tarrant be coming into a few SuperCoach teams?

Wouldn't think so. Has never been a big scorer and has his fair share of injuries

Consider Astbury. Will play the whole year barring injury. Lovely kick and good hands. Tigers found him plenty on Saturday. We have a tough start so he'll be seeing plenty of action.

Really, I think there is a lot better at the price and cheaper. Even as a cash cow will only make about $100k

how about nick lower from freo, he found alot of the footy sunday night. good for one of the rookie spots??

No, will struggle to get a game.

From reports he is training very well (krak) in terms of preparation and attitude. Fitness will limit him early I think but that is only due to no afl preseasons in awhile. But as he becomes fitter he should spend more time in the middle. His clearance work at training and limited NAB cup time suggests he will spend time in the midfield.

One of my first picked this year.

Why? At $200k he will need to average over 80 points a game to get to a respectable $400k in which you can then upgrade. Unless he proves he will play more in the midfield in the upcoming weeks he will find averaging that much impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't think so. Has never been a big scorer and has his fair share of injuries

Really, I think there is a lot better at the price and cheaper. Even as a cash cow will only make about $100k

No, will struggle to get a game.

Why? At $200k he will need to average over 80 points a game to get to a respectable $400k in which you can then upgrade. Unless he proves he will play more in the midfield in the upcoming weeks he will find averaging that much impossible.

I think the way you need to look at Krack is as a rookie, at 200K is is only 15k more than Swallow, with AFL experience. He wont be a permenant midfielder but he will be part of the rotations, playing from Half forward. Like any rookie he is a risk, but you base the selection on potential not price, otherwise Swallow would be passed over by cheaper rookies. Krack has potential to score very well, and at the very least his price will rise about 100K.

Definitely Gibbs. Proven 100 pus averager 2 years straight. Broughton yet to get there.

There are 3 must haves in the backline (especially with Lake out) and that's Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio.

Bam! couldn't of said it better myself.
Now that Gibbs is MPP he is a lock. Has been abale to get some big scores and maintain a good average playing acroos half back. This year he will spend more time in the midfield (his area of choice) which will see his average increase from last year.

Peter Faulks or Nick Lower?

Both mature age recruits at Freo. Have Faulks at the moment but after the NAB cup games it looks like Lower might be ahead. I know it is only NAB but Lower just seems more at home at the level then Faulks. At this stage anyway. Thoughts?

Peter Faulks or Nick Lower?

Both mature age recruits at Freo. Have Faulks at the moment but after the NAB cup games it looks like Lower might be ahead. I know it is only NAB but Lower just seems more at home at the level then Faulks. At this stage anyway. Thoughts?

I'm tossing up the same, but my decision's to wait until Round 1 teams - we won't know until then, so I've got Faulks in as a placeholder.

I'm tossing up the same, but my decision's to wait until Round 1 teams - we won't know until then, so I've got Faulks in as a placeholder.

Yeah im the same, only thing is I dont want to waste a trade through out the year. If Faulks gets picked over Lower for round 1, who's to say that Lower wont get picked round 2 and hold his spot over Faulks.
Essentially meaning that I have Faulks on the bench doing nothing whilst watching Lower score, killing myself for making the wrong decision. These are the problems I face.

People underestimate how stressful supercoach can be :rolleyes:

I think the way you need to look at Krack is as a rookie, at 200K is is only 15k more than Swallow, with AFL experience. He wont be a permenant midfielder but he will be part of the rotations, playing from Half forward. Like any rookie he is a risk, but you base the selection on potential not price, otherwise Swallow would be passed over by cheaper rookies. Krack has potential to score very well, and at the very least his price will rise about 100K.

100K isn't a cash cow though.

You at least want to make $200k from your cash cows. So an $100k player only needs to average 60 points to get to $300k. Whilst Krak and Swallow would have to average the best part of 80 points. Something Swallow (a potential keeper) can do, however Krak if he plays the small forward role, he will struggle to score that well.

100K isn't a cash cow though.

You at least want to make $200k from your cash cows. So an $100k player only needs to average 60 points to get to $300k. Whilst Krak and Swallow would have to average the best part of 80 points. Something Swallow (a potential keeper) can do, however Krak if he plays the small forward role, he will struggle to score that well.

Yeah true, like I said at the very least, thats what you should look at, but not expect. He will spend most of the season on the forward flank rotating into the midfield, in the role that Davis played in 09 and not so effectively last year. If he can average close to 20 (15-20) touches a game, plus a goal he will get the price rise you are after. His use of the ball is clean, and he looks like he can find his way out of a pack as well. Ultimately, those stats are not too far fetched, but we will have to wait and see.

Surprised there hasnt been much talk on Bock. Tough picking the 4th defender after the big 3, thought Bock was at a good price. However he might have to play more of a lockdown role due to lack of big bodied defenders at GC?

Anyone got any thought thoughts on Stratton for Hawthorn??

At the moment my starting backs are Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, R.Murphy, Statton, Otten & Heppell.

Not overly convinced on a couple of these?

Anyone got any thought thoughts on Stratton for Hawthorn??

At the moment my starting backs are Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, R.Murphy, Statton, Otten & Heppell.

Not overly convinced on a couple of these?

Grimes - Great scorer but injury prone
Murphy - Hasn't been a good scorer for some time, and injury prone
Stratton - One score over 100 last year - 102
Otten - Scored very well two years ago hopefully can come back after his injury :thumbsu:
Heppell - There are big raps on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back