SC Defenders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 SC Defenders Discussion Thread

I haven't had Otten at any stage but I don't really see Craig stating the obvious re sub makes for such a big change in opinion. I'm sure Heppell, Hibberd, Toy etc will be subs at some stage as well. Clubs won't use the same sub every week because the player in question will lose match conditioning.

I agree, I'm keeping him. I agree with Craig, but you could say the same thing about a lot of rangy hbf-types (Mackie's an example from my team, Mattner and Andrew Walker would be others). Yeah, he'd be a prototype sub, but I can't see there being any such thing as a designated sub. It's not like a sixth man in basketball. He'll only be picked as the sub if he's the 22nd player in the side (which he may be at the start of the year, but I'm banking on him working his way into form).

Still got the same 10? ;)

defq.png

You tell me ;)

(Okay so I changed one sub...)

EDIT: Not sure why the pick is so tiny...anyway...

andy otten

what are peoples thoughts on him now that neil craig has sayd he is the 'perfect sub'.... thoughts on whether to keep him or just save the 80k and get a rookie who will get games and basically score the same as otten.... any thoughts would be useful... thanks all

Re: andy otten

Otten as a sub will probably still score the same as a rookie anyway.

Once Otten gets some confidence he'll score well....won't be that elusive $180K keeper that every1 thinks he could be but won't be a sub either.

Question is whether or not you want to ride out his lows after coming back from his knee reco and whether he fits your structure.

Is it worth waiting those 4-5 games of 40-50's as a sub to ride his 70-80's.

Probably could have gone into the Defenders thread, but hey you got to start your own thread.

Re: andy otten

sorry i guess it could have gone into the defenders thread but i belive as he is in basically 95% of the teams, if not more, it could have its own thread to see peoples opinions on what they will do with him

jackson trengove amyone?

I had a quick look at him to take Otten's spot, but he's a touch too pricy for my liking. Has some good words coming out of Port fans about him though - should be a staple but at the low 200s you'd want him to score 70-80+ week in, week out, which I'm not convinced he'll do just yet.

Is there a reason Coad from the Gold Coast is in hardly anyone's team? He seems like a decent pick - cheap, mature aged, scored well in NAB games. Job security? I'm not really trying to push his case, more just wondering.

Is there a reason Coad from the Gold Coast is in hardly anyone's team? He seems like a decent pick - cheap, mature aged, scored well in NAB games. Job security? I'm not really trying to push his case, more just wondering.

Probably about 75% job security. Bear in mind the GC recruited heavily in the back half for their established players - Bock, Harbrow, Krakeour and Brown, and Hunt will be in there given what they're paying him. They also have a lot of talented youngsters down back, so Coad's position isn't as strong as it first seems.

Diugan, Otten and Heppell, Which two of these three to start on the field??? Im considering putting Otten as my emergency this week after Craig talking about the Sub rule for Otten...

Diugan, Otten and Heppell, Which two of these three to start on the field??? Im considering putting Otten as my emergency this week after Craig talking about the Sub rule for Otten...

Duigan and Heppell. Heppell will get time on the ball, and I saw Duigan at a Carlton practice match and f--- me he was impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming a truckload of teams already have Toy and Stanley. Similar to why most wouldn't go for an extra GC midfielder with Swallow and Harris, even though Bennell etc will probably go ok.

Chris Newman, Gilbert, Sam Fisher, Duffield or Grimes? Leaning towards Gilbert.

Chris Newman, Gilbert, Sam Fisher, Duffield or Grimes? Leaning towards Gilbert.

I actually have all of them bar Newman.

If you had to pick one, pick Gilbert purely for DPP (as long as you have a forward who can be eligible in defence).

Thoughts on Karmichael Hunt? Should play many games with his big body needed in a fragile team, not to mention the money they have invested in him. How did he score in the pre season? If not, then who are some good replacements other than the likes of McKernan, Toy, Heppell.

Thoughts on Karmichael Hunt? Should play many games with his big body needed in a fragile team, not to mention the money they have invested in him. How did he score in the pre season? If not, then who are some good replacements other than the likes of McKernan, Toy, Heppell.

His scoring will probably be below that of the other GC backs, but he's definitely got the most secure position out of the rookies. I'll be surprised if the GC pay him millions to play him on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back