SC Trading Thread (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 5 Trades

I don't get why people are so desperate to get Judd into their side this early, sure he will go up in price but he's not THAT far undervalued that you have to bend over backwards to get him.... patience people!

Hmmm, Lucas.

Job Security?
My thoughts exactly. McLean, Bower, Waite, Thornton to return at some stage means he may be in trouble. They didnt bring him in for a like player so theres no reason they'll replace him with a like either.

I like the look of him and was planned to be a replacement for Shuey but apparently he won't be out for as long as first thought so i've decided against it.

I don't get why people are so desperate to get Judd into their side this early, sure he will go up in price but he's not THAT far undervalued that you have to bend over backwards to get him.... patience people!

yep.

carlton have got geelong, collingwood and saints in the next three rounds so i wouldnt be so quick on trading him in. i'll pick him up roud 8 or 9 :thumbsu:

My thoughts exactly. McLean, Bower, Waite, Thornton to return at some stage means he may be in trouble. They didnt bring him in for a like player so theres no reason they'll replace him with a like either.

Didn't think of that. A downgrade for Masten was on the cards. I may start Bastinac over Masten this week and wait for Cunnington's 3rd game perhaps.

Could someone do the maths for me on this:

Based on predicted price changes for next week, should I be able to:

Masten to Lucas this week

then next week, based on price changes, can I get Judd from Martin or Trengove next week.

Or would I be better off just going medhurst/dangerfield to rockliff and masten to juddy

Do you rate Lucas above Melksham, Colyer and Howlett? Was thinking about Melksham myself.

Banner was an emergency player for Port who got belted.....shouldn't he be next off the cab rank...

Reading the Port team board, noone thinks Banner will get a game, but Banner was emergency... Sigh:thumbsdown:

yeah, with gray and rodan coming in on the weekend, and hartlett almost ready to go, banner may find it hard to get games :(

Surely you are taking the piss there right Prompts? :D

Cox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X 10 compared to Hille. :eek:

LOL...it's the issue about using the trade

I know you love to trade, but I got a few holes with rookies to fill first (and I assume everyone else has)

But having said all that, I want to trade Hille to Cox too....LOL:D

LOL...it's the issue about using the trade

I know you love to trade, but I got a few holes with rookies to fill first (and I assume everyone else has)

But having said all that, I want to trade Hille to Cox too....LOL:D

Both Cox and Judd will be in my squad next week mate! :thumbsu:

Toot! Toot! :p

Very nervous about considering Essendon rookies as they get chopped and changed all the time.
Yeah Knights is a funny coach, he gives player a hard time and nobody has JS over there except maybe the top 10 players oh and then there is Gumby... ;). Houli is a prime example of this, they guy has so much talent but Knights just loves toying with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking to capitalise on the growth...

banked a few dollars last week trading connors for bail

pods and rockliff both in this week...

Got 19 trades

Got Pods, Rockliff and Gumby from the start...so heaps of cover in the forwards

114K residing

Was thinking:

Ladson -> Schmidt (with Maguire and Davies cover..Waters starting)
then
Warren -> $550k forward. But who???? I have Hall, Higgins, Pav, Danger and ROK. Would love Chappy but fall short of sufficient coin.

Or????

Do nothing. If I dont get a trade hit fix this week I may vomit.

Alright, so I was probably the only person left in Australia who decided to give Tippet another round to prove himself.. although it was far better than his other performances, the spud still couldn't hit 50.

All faith gone now, if Jared Brennan is selected on Thursday, I will trade him in for Tippet.

Looking for a downgrade too (so I can get Judd next week).

Going either

Bastinac >>> Lucas

or

Gumbleton >>>> Pods

Either would make me a lot of money... Might go Lucas.

Alright, so I was probably the only person left in Australia who decided to give Tippet another round to prove himself.. although it was far better than his other performances, the spud still couldn't hit 50.

you werent the only one...... :mad:

Think of a couple of trades here

Hitchcock to PODS

then

Seaby (b/e of 104) to Cox (b/e of 93)

OR

Hitchcock to PODS

Medhurst (b/e of 42) to Harvey (b/e of 16)

Which one should I do? Or none at all?

@ golazzo I wouldn't be downgrading either of those as they both have growth left in them and Bastinac and Gumbleton have greater job security also.

@ goaus If you are really keen on trading then I would do the first option as Cox looks like a great upgrade option and Medhurst still has growth left in him.

Ok now for my trade ideas, I haven't used a single trade yet and waited a week on the Riewoldt trade to assess my options. They now are;

Option 1
Riewoldt to Pavlich
Clark to Cox
($55,000 left over)

Option 2

This week:
Hitchcock to Podsiadly
Clark to Cox

Next week:
Riewoldt to Didak
Hall to Goodes

I think Cox is looking to valuable to not pick up and would leave me with a ruck combo of Sandy/Cox which would give me an advantage in my league who all have 2 of Hille/Seaby/Kruezer/NicNat.

Didak and Goodes look good, give me an extra premium forward and would give me good points of difference in my league, whereas Pavlich is also looking great and would leave me with 18 trades still.

Opinions anybody? Would love some insight into this.

Fwds are:
Brown, Chapman, O'Keefe, Pav, Harvey
as keepers.:)

Ziebell Tippett :eek:
Duncan Gumbleton

I am considering
1 Tippett > Pods
2 Gumby > Pods
3 Ziebell + Tippett > Pods + Brennan/Prem:confused:
Holding 45,800 in cash.

Any help would be appreciated.:thumbsu:

Goodwin, Hodge, Shaw, Enright, Ceski, Kennely, Waters - Silvagni & Maguire
Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Ball, Barlow, Martin - Jetta & Bastinac
Nic Nat, Hille - Warnock & Lobbe
Brown, ROk, Harvey, Rioli, Hall, Ballantyne, Rockliff - Gumby & Hitchcock

$241,600 in bank & 17 Trades left

Options are:
1 - Ballantyne -> Pods & Ball -> Goddard/Dal/Judd
2 - Hitchcock -> Pods & Ceski/Irish/Waters -> Goddard ?
3 - Hitchcock/Ballantyne -> Pods & Hille - Cox/Sandi?

or i can not trade at all but have a tough league game this week...
What do people think are my biggest upgrade spots needed?

Got 19 trades left...

am thinking Peterson > Pods (Peterson is a reserve with Gumby, Gumby more likely to play every week) and Maguire > Schmidt (currently have Maguire on the ground with Bock a reserve for a couple more weeks)

then next week upgrade Luke Ball and Seaby

thoughts?

jonesy86: Maguire still has a lot of money to make.. and im not sold on Schmidt being able to keep his spot? Crows have a few ppl to come back in soon you would think?
Peterson to Pods sounds like my problem although i have hitchcock instead... Peterson should keep his spot for a while longer and his BE is 5 so i don't know if thats really needed...

How does this trade sound. I have finally ran out of patience with Tippett.

Out Ballantyne 299,900

In Podsiadly 83,400

Cash 31,600 + 216,500
Total 216,500

Out Tippett 301,400

Total to spend 517,900

In Didak 503,400

End Result

Out Ballantyne and Tippett

In Didak and Podsiadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.