SC Trading Thread (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 5 Trades

So happy I got rid of Tippet after rnd 2
Ballantyne has been very inconsistent, and you'd think pods would average at least the same so sounds like a good trade.
is there a better option than Didak tho?

from reading Adelaide forums it doesn't sound like Schmidt will be in the squad much longer. And starting to re-think getting rid of Ladson with the quality of opposition hawks are about to play.

now thinking Hall> Pods
and Shuey> Rischitelli

hi guys im stuck on my trading situation atm. my team is below. i have only 4k in the bank and have 18 trades left. im currently 4,000 overall.

Defs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Hurn, MacDonald, Malceski, Waters (Silvagni, Maguire)
Mids: Ablett, Barlow, Selwood, Pendlebury, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Banner)
Rcks: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Lobbe Fitzpatrick)
Fwds: Brown, Okeefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Warren, Gumbleton (Hitchcock, Roberts)

should i
1) warren>pod then macdonald> shaw
2) gumbleton>pod (from this trade not enough $ to get shaw)
3) roberts>pod
4) any other option some1 can see

any ideas?

Hey guys,

Can anyone help us..

My fwd line is Brown, Goodes, Didak, Medhurst, Ballantyne, Tippett, rockcliff
Emerg: Hitchcock, Gumby
Have 19 trades left and was looking to offload Tippett for Pods and Ballantyne (BE 95) for Pav this week.
Any thoughts? Just not sure if its a good idea having two starting rookies (Pods & Rockcliff) as 6th and 7th forwards. Will be intending to upgrade them later but do ya think thats a little too risky at the moment???

I am a bit disappointed with Sam Mitchell's performance so far, and he's already lost me alot of money...
I am tossing up between two options:

Option 1:
Dangerfield > Podsiadly
Mitchell < Ablett + Plenty of money left to upgrade Martin/Trengrove to Judd in a few weeks.

Option 2:
Dangerfield > Podsiadly
Trengrove/Martin < Ablett

So my question is, is it worth hanging on to Mitchell after he's posted scores of 64, 59 and 67 over the last 3 weeks? Will he come good again and make back the money he lost me?

Hey guys,

Can anyone help us..

My fwd line is Brown, Goodes, Didak, Medhurst, Ballantyne, Tippett, rockcliff
Emerg: Hitchcock, Gumby
Have 19 trades left and was looking to offload Tippett for Pods and Ballantyne (BE 95) for Pav this week.
Any thoughts? Just not sure if its a good idea having two starting rookies (Pods & Rockcliff) as 6th and 7th forwards. Will be intending to upgrade them later but do ya think thats a little too risky at the moment???

Well, at the moment Pods is scoring much better than Tippet, and he and Rockliff are both playing well, and likely to continue getting games for their respective teams...
If it's only going to be for a few weeks, and you have decent bench players who will at least get a game, then I think it may be worth it. I will have both Rockliff and Podsiadly on my field this week as well, and I think they are decent enough players to provide a reasonable score.

So my question is, is it worth hanging on to Mitchell after he's posted scores of 64, 59 and 67 over the last 3 weeks? Will he come good again and make back the money he lost me?

i have him too, but unless he comes up with a long term injury its probably best to stick with him and work on upgrading your other players to premiums. he'll come good eventually (i hope) :)

I am a bit disappointed with Sam Mitchell's performance so far, and he's already lost me alot of money...
I am tossing up between two options:

Option 1:
Dangerfield > Podsiadly
Mitchell < Ablett

Option 2:
Dangerfield > Podsiadly
Trengrove/Martin < Ablett + Plenty of money left to upgrade the other to Judd in a few weeks.

Why get rid of Dangerfield? Surely you have another options or underperforming cow? As for Trengrove/Martin I would wait another week or two and I've always seen Mitchell as more of a DT'er than a SC'er (without seeing any stats)... However what I do agree with you on is that pods is a good idea and Ablett is a must if you dont have him

Why get rid of Dangerfield? Surely you have another options or underperforming cow? As for Trengrove/Martin I would wait another week or two and I've always seen Mitchell as more of a DT'er than a SC'er (without seeing any stats)... However what I do agree with you on is that pods is a good idea and Ablett is a must if you dont have him

Dangerfield is my most underperforming forward at the moment, I have:

Brown, O'Keefe, Pavlich, Betts, Medhurst, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Peterson & Roberts).
I would trade out Roberts, but I just can't bring myself to do a sideways trade, and need to make money somewhere for the midfield upgrades.

Which 2 out of these trades should I do this week to make some cash before these guys hit the 3 game mark?

Ballantyne - Rockcliff
Tippett - Rockcliff
Hitchcock - Rockliff

Masten - Lucas
Martin - Lucas
Bastinac - Lucas

Then looking to use the cash to uprgrade to Judd and a keeper forward the week after

Was thinking of going Ladson > Shmidt but not sure about his job security and also Hall > Rockcliff so I can next week go -

Hille > Cox

Martin > Judd

Is it worth downgrading Ziebell instead to Podsliady and keeping Ladson? :confused:

you'd think Ziebell will turn good eventually, playing on the ball and shouldn't get tagged everyweek.
If you get pods and rockcliff does that mean both on the field?
bit risky with their job security not certain yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which 2 out of these trades should I do this week to make some cash before these guys hit the 3 game mark?

Ballantyne - Rockcliff
Tippett - Rockcliff
Hitchcock - Rockliff

Masten - Lucas
Martin - Lucas
Bastinac - Lucas

Then looking to use the cash to uprgrade to Judd and a keeper forward the week after

Definitely do the 2 that I highlighted as Tippet and Masten are underperforming the most and Tippet will lose heaps of cash still. :thumbsu:

Was thinking of going Ladson > Schmidt but not sure about his job security and also Hall > Rockcliff so I can next week go -

Hille > Cox

Martin > Judd

Is it worth downgrading Ziebell instead to Podsliady and keeping Ladson? :confused:

Piss off Ladson ASAP, Ziebell will come good so keep the faith (but i know how tempting Pods must be).

Can't help but notice the yellow card JM.... someone's been a naughty boy...

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Whilst there are some resonable rookies out there that are on the brink of a price rise, it's not like they are going to be the only rookies that will play this year. Don't feel like you HAVE to trade. Pods, Rockliff, Schmidt have all scored well but there will be others.

Piss off Ladson ASAP, Ziebell will come good so keep the faith (but i know how tempting Pods must be).

Can't help but notice the yellow card JM.... someone's been a naughty boy...

Looks like Ladson it is then. ;)

I would rather have Rockcliff than Pods as Pods has to rely on goals to get a decent score. :thumbsu:

Ha! Ha!

Yeah I got into an argument with a certain few forum members on here but hopefully they got told off too.

Am going to be on my best behavior now though so the mods have nothing to worry about. :D:thumbsu:

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. Whilst there are some resonable rookies out there that are on the brink of a price rise, it's not like they are going to be the only rookies that will play this year. Don't feel like you HAVE to trade. Pods, Rockliff, Schmidt have all scored well but there will be others.

I hear what you are saying mate.

But I think what everyones problem is is that they have to downgrade to the Rockcliffs, Pods, Schmidts in order to free up cash and get players like Judd and Cox next week which is what I'll be doing. :D:thumbsu:

Looks like Ladson it is then. ;)

I would rather have Rockcliff than Pods as Pods has to rely on goals to get a decent score. :thumbsu:

Ha! Ha!

Yeah I got into an argument with a certain few forum members on here but hopefully they got told off too.

Am going to be on my best behavior now though so the mods have nothing to worry about. :D:thumbsu:

Not entirely true JM... Kicked just 2 goals against Freo for his 102 points.

It is his contested marks which get my man jPod his points. of his 22 marks in his two games played, 11 of these have been contested. Quite an impressive statistic for the big man

Not entirely true JM... Kicked just 2 goals against Freo for his 102 points.

It is his contested marks which get my man jPod his points. of his 22 marks in his two games played, 11 of these have been contested. Quite an impressive statistic for the big man

I stand corrected mate. LOL! :p

What I'm trying to say though is that tall forwards usually have to kick a swag of goals though to score well in SC which is why I prefer going for the midfielders who can play forward.

I would love to have both Rocky and Pods though but can only grab one so Rocky it is. :eek:

I stand corrected mate. LOL! :p

Waht I'm trying to say though is that tall forwards usually have to kick a swag of goals though to score well in SC which is why I prefer going for the midfielders who can play forward.

I would love to have both Rocky and Pods though but can only grab one so Rocky it is. :eek:

hahaha yeah i hear ya mate.. Funny how his 2 goals against Freo resulted in more points than his 5 against Port..
I'm leaning towards Rocky myself but the extra $25k saved from picking Pods is awfully tempting. Plus he faces Carlton and Richmond in the next couple of weeks so could very well snag another bag of 5...

ballantyne = rockliff + $190,000
silvagni = schmidt + $127,000

are these trades worth it as my fourth and fifth for the year?? it will take my bank balance to 380,000 which i can use to upgrade a hitchcock to buddy and still hav change in a few weeks.

cooney cougs, stop trading.

Silvagni is still going up, is he not? No point jumping to the next cow until he's fully ripened, unless you think Schmidt is gonna go all Broughton on us. I don't think anyone is suggesting that, at this stage.

Balla is a bit up and down, I guess, but he's playing. Hitchcock looks like he might be just about done in the seniors (disappointly for me) as his tiny little body is getting smashed by the big boys, plus direct competition like Robbie Gray is back in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back