SC Trading Thread (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 5 Trades

I hope Hitchcock is named because I need an excuse not to trade him out yet.

I (perhaps foolishly) have kept faith in Mitch Robinson and it looks likely that he won't repay me, and might in fact get dropped this week. Don't have the cash ot upgrade to someone decent, but considering Kane Lucas and pocketing the cash.

Don't stress on Mitch Robinson. His role looks to have changed a bit this year. Looks like he plays a bulldozing style which can hurt SC scoring with FA etc.. I like the look of Lucas, I think he could certainly hold his own as demonstrated against Adelaide. He looks like he's got a bit of class.

Really don't think it's worth selling Silvagni for one of those players mentioned.

And it is way too early to jump off Ballantyne. You're stuck with Ballantyne now, and stuck without Hall.

Try not to waste trades.

I'm not sure about Ballantyne. Has a BE now of 95. I am thinking of jumping off him now. He will probably pull out a big one this week but not sure if he can do it every week.

As I mentioned earlier I am thinking of trading Tippett for Pods and then Ballantyne to Pav. Am I wasting two trades though? Or should i just trade Tippett for Pods (keep cash) and hang onto ballantyne???

Help!!

I've got Shuey and Banner on the midfield bench! And Hitchcock on the forward bench.

I had the same problem. Hitchcock's scores don't look like improving and he may even get dropped soon so I traded him out for Pods. As for the other two, I would leave Shuey as is because he is only out because of injury (2-3 weeks) and would slot straight back into the team once he is fit. Banner on the other hand is finding it hard to get a game. I am thinking about downgrading him to Kane Lucas who is set for a good price increase this week and looks in quite good touch so he may keep his spot in the team for a while.

Anyone else willing to admit that they are stupid enough like me to still have Tippett???

What are you doing with him??

Anyone else willing to admit that they are stupid enough like me to still have Tippett???

Ive still got him. I fugure he cant get any worse so plenty of upside. With many teams having traded him out IF he turns good he will be gold. If you have cover for him just bench him until he turns some form. if you are copping zeros then consider trading him but not worth wasting a trade on now. He is set to lose 50 K this week however so that may also be a factor if you are not prepared to back him.

If I had him as a fwd he would have been long gone, but I've stuck with him as the rest of the rucks are stinking it up mostly.

Thinking of jumping off this week though...big Cox and Kreuze are the targets as I already have Sandi

Ive still got him. I fugure he cant get any worse so plenty of upside. With many teams having traded him out IF he turns good he will be gold. If you have cover for him just bench him until he turns some form. if you are copping zeros then consider trading him but not worth wasting a trade on now. He is set to lose 50 K this week however so that may also be a factor if you are not prepared to back him.

Yeah big call. I want to trade him and Ballantyne for pods and Pav as Pav will go up in price this week and I am guessing the cash made from pods increase will help offset Tipetts loss. I think it will be a waste of a trade as I bought Tippett as a keeper but if I do not act now I will get nothing for him and miss out on Pav. I just hope they all continue to get games as I willl have 4 rookies in fwd line Pods, Rockcliff, Gumby, Hitchcock with two as starters.

I really want to get in Rocky/Pods in this week but don't know who to trade out my FWD line is Browny, Higgins, Rioli, Buddy, Hall, R.Murphy, Medhurst (Gumby, Hitchcock)

what should i do?

I put my hand up and say I still have him as a forward. Was trying to save trades early but with Pods and Rockliff on the horizon I may have to pull the pin on him and bring in one of those guys. Watched the game on the weekend and didn't see any signs of improvement. The money I make will allow me to add 2 guns to my midfield and hopefully get my team competitive again.

I have only used 1 trade this season, however I have calculated that I'll only have 3 more trades for injury purposes if I move Tippett on (assuming I upgrade the rest of my team as desired). So, the boat has well and truly sailed for me.

Tippett's sitting on the bench as an emergency for now, so his spuddiness isn't costing me any points on the field (Rockliff as F7 for past 2 rounds). If he comes good later in the season it will be a bonus, otherwise he'll sit there as an expensive emergency. Not willing to crystallise the $120k salary loss to the rest of the non-Tippett coaches by trading him.

I've still got him. As mentioned by others, he can't really get any worse, and it just didn't seem worth using a trade on him after a handful of games. I'm banking on him coming good and if he doesn't it's just one of those gambles that didn't pay off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've still got him also. Really thinking about trading him for Rockcliff but can see him coming good as soon as I get rid of him. Cant afford to keep him and Ballantyne so thats my tough decision this week

This week traded Roo> Sylvia

Ball< Pavlich

Think Sylvia could be in for a big SC year with the Dees winning a few more games.

Ball's game style is just not ever going to see him average 100+ this year and thought I would get rid of him before he loses to much more cash.

Bring on the 2500k's!!!!!!!!!

Need help, guys.

I believe that when the cash cows come along, you need to pounce. I picked up peterson a couple weeks ago and he made me a tidy profit and I plan on doing the same this week. Pods and Rockliff (lets assume they are playing this week) will make some serious coin after this round, should they keep up their form. I have neither. I have around 184k in the bank and if i trade out peterson and Gumby (on my bench), ill make some cash, which i can use the week after to upgrade maybe a ziebell and martin. But the profits from rockliff and pods when i downgrade again to 100k players will be very useful.

Anyways, do you think im playing with fire chasing the cash cows to hard? Obviously, you wont get the serious cash rise unless you bring them in this week. The downside is that by the time i use the profits from pods and rockliff, ill be at around 11 trades. However, the upside is that Ill be around 4 or 5 trades away from having a team of guns (including a few keepers like malceski that will stay in my side).

Chase hard? Go for one cash cow this week instead of both?

I really want to get in Rocky/Pods in this week but don't know who to trade out my FWD line is Browny, Higgins, Rioli, Buddy, Hall, R.Murphy, Medhurst (Gumby, Hitchcock)

what should i do?

How comfortable are you with 3 Doggies? I wouldn't be concerned with Higgins but having Hall and Murphy together might be of concern as highlighted on the weekend.

What price is dean Cox likely to bottom out at? Thinking of trading him in next week..

His break even is around 95 so it depends on whether you think he's going to do well against Sydney and if he's back to full fitness. If so, this week is going to be as cheap as he'll get barring injury. Otherwise you may have a week or two more of drops.

I am considering Gumpy to j-pod, though Gumpy b/e is only 15 dont think he will average much more than 50 whilst pods could average around 70-80.

How comfortable are you with 3 Doggies? I wouldn't be concerned with Higgins but having Hall and Murphy together might be of concern as highlighted on the weekend.

Yeah i must admit i am starting to think that was a bad idea. Barry would have to be the one to go then but he is likely to have a big week this week against the crows so maybe i should just leave it.

What should i do with ball!? i have 412k in the bank..but i want to keep alot of that to upgrade all my rookie mids and a few forwards...

Suggestions PLEASE!

i have warren and gumbleton both on my field in the fwd line?

should i trade warren to pod and then upgrade macdonald in the backline to h.shaw?
or trade gumbleton to pod and make 100k
or leave them?

just not happy with the 49avg of warren and 70avg of macdonald?

A short and sweet one.

Pods or Rockliff?

It pains me to get rid of one of the best SC players to live but I think I'll part with Relton Roberts this week. :D

A short and sweet one.

Pods or Rockliff?

It pains me to get rid of one of the best SC players to live but I think I'll part with Relton Roberts this week. :D

Tough question and one I am debating. :eek:

I really don't know who has the best job security out of the rocklobster and ipod. :confused:

Anyone care to offer their opinions on this one? :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back