SC Trading Thread (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 5 Trades

Tough question and one I am debating. :eek:

I really don't know who has the best job security out of the rocklobster and ipod. :confused:

Anyone care to offer their opinions on this one? :thumbsu:

Both guys have their jobs threatened.

Pods is in a very big forward line already. While he is playing well I'm sure he'll stay in but if he has a bad one I'm pretty sure they'll part with him quickly.

Rockliff is in now but what happens when Black, Buchanan and Adcock come back into the team?

i have warren and gumbleton both on my field in the fwd line?

should i trade warren to pod and then upgrade macdonald in the backline to h.shaw?
or trade gumbleton to pod and make 100k
or leave them?

just not happy with the 49avg of warren and 70avg of macdonald?

I'd do the Warren downgrade but is MacDonald upgrade the best move you could spend your money on? It's hard to say without seeing your team. H Shaw definitely looks the goods this season.

As a cats man I am confident that jPod will play this week and next week as we play Carlton and Richmond so he should kick goals and score well (and should rise 160k or so).. After that though we have Sydney, Brisbane and Collingwood.. Also varcoe and rooke are due to come back around this time too so this makes me a little nervous. However FWIW jpod is already a massive crowd favourite down at the cattery and bomber seems to like him too. Plus if he keeps kicking goals and taking big grabs i'm sure they'll find it tough dropping him. IMO Mitch Duncan is probably more likely to be dropped before Jpod when rooke and varcoe return.. Personally I'll probably go Relton-jPod because I think he'll make 160k in the next couple of weeks and is a straight swap rather than spending 18k

I'd do the Warren downgrade but is MacDonald upgrade the best move you could spend your money on? It's hard to say without seeing your team. H Shaw definitely looks the goods this season.

my team is

Defs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Hurn, MacDonald, Malceski, Waters (Silvagni, Maguire)
Mids: Ablett, Barlow, Selwood, Pendlebury, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Banner)
Rcks: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Lobbe Fitzpatrick)
Fwds: Brown, Okeefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Warren, Gumbleton (Hitchcock, Roberts)
im currently ranked 5,000 and only have 4 k in the bank and have used 2 trades so far.

What should i do with ball!? i have 412k in the bank..but i want to keep alot of that to upgrade all my rookie mids and a few forwards...

Suggestions PLEASE!

i've been toying with the idea of ball -> lucas, however it might be overkill considering i'm already playing 3 rookies in the midfield. on the other hand that cash would be fun to play with (already have 367k sitting there though)

As a cats man I am confident that jPod will play this week and next week as we play Carlton and Richmond so he should kick goals and score well (and should rise 160k or so).. After that though we have Sydney, Brisbane and Collingwood.. Also varcoe and rooke are due to come back around this time too so this makes me a little nervous. However FWIW jpod is already a massive crowd favourite down at the cattery and bomber seems to like him too. Plus if he keeps kicking goals and taking big grabs i'm sure they'll find it tough dropping him. IMO Mitch Duncan is probably more likely to be dropped before Jpod when rooke and varcoe return.. Personally I'll probably go Relton-jPod because I think he'll make 160k in the next couple of weeks and is a straight swap rather than spending 18k

If you were downgrading Hall would you go with Pods instead of Rocky mate? :confused:

A short and sweet one.

Pods or Rockliff?

It pains me to get rid of one of the best SC players to live but I think I'll part with Relton Roberts this week. :D

Haha :) me too, i've already got Rocky so will be Podding up for the coin mainly and will see how he progresses.

Some advice:

Currently have Sandi and Seaby as my rucks and 220K in the bank.

Also have Ballantyne, Hall, Hunt, Kennelly, Martin, Trengrove and (maybe) Barlow that will need upgrading.

18 trades left...

Is it worth trading Seaby to Cox? Seaby will need an upgrade at some stage, so might as well get on board Cox while I can can. Downside is that it uses a fair wack of my bank (although my bench is Maguire, Nason, Bastinac, Jetta, Gumby and Rockliff so plenty of money there).

Thoughts?

I've still got him. As mentioned by others, he can't really get any worse, and it just didn't seem worth using a trade on him after a handful of games. I'm banking on him coming good and if he doesn't it's just one of those gambles that didn't pay off.

Yeah my only worry in keeping him is that he will drop further in price and you will not be able to use him for an upgrade.
I have Rockcliff already being used as my 7th fwd. If I place tippett on bench and bring in Gumby or Hitchcock the my fwd line would be

Brown, Goodes, didak, Medhurst, Ballantyne, Rockcliff, Gumby
with Hitchcock , Tippett on bench.

Does not look all that good. I am leaning towards Tippett for POds and Ballantyne to Pav. Or just Tippett to Pods and wait..??????????

my team is

Defs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Hurn, MacDonald, Malceski, Waters (Silvagni, Maguire)
Mids: Ablett, Barlow, Selwood, Pendlebury, Trengove, Martin (Bastinac, Banner)
Rcks: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Lobbe Fitzpatrick)
Fwds: Brown, Okeefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Warren, Gumbleton (Hitchcock, Roberts)
im currently ranked 5,000 and only have 4 k in the bank and have used 2 trades so far.

I reckon I'd go warren - Pods or rockliff and then leave the cash spare to upgrade one of your cows.

If you wanted to spend it now then MacDonald does look like the upgrade target. However, I think those sort of more luxury upgrades can be left until later.

Can I get some input on who trade Kerr for?

I've got $250k in the bank, but don't want to blow it all.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 16 trades left and $180K in the bank.

My fwd line consist of the following;

Brown, Chappy, Gia, Schnieder, Medhurst,Betts,Dangerfield, Rockcliff & Pods

I want to bring in Brennan this week for Dangerfield.

Thoughts?

I have 16 trades left and $180K in the bank.

My fwd line consist of the following;

Brown, Chappy, Gia, Schnieder, Medhurst,Betts,Dangerfield, Rockcliff & Pods

I want to bring in Brennan this week for Dangerfield.

Thoughts?

I don't know about jumping off Dangerfield. I think he will be the perfect F7. He had two solid 90s and his SC has obviously been affected by the neck injury in the last two. Still a keeper in my eyes.

I don't know about jumping off Dangerfield. I think he will be the perfect F7. He had two solid 90s and his SC has obviously been affected by the neck injury in the last two. Still a keeper in my eyes.

Agreed. I think we've yet to see the best of Danger this year. Adelaide have been appalling, but his scoring has been "OK" on average, and that includes a half game. His ability to flip into the midfield is handy, too, if you have an MPP option there.

I'm on Dangermouse. Don't let me down, son.

Not sure about nicking off Ziebell but if it's to get Goddard in.. I totally understand.. Just curious though, who's your fwd line?

Agreed. I think we've yet to see the best of Danger this year. Adelaide have been appalling, but his scoring has been "OK" on average, and that includes a half game. His ability to flip into the midfield is handy, too, if you have an MPP option there.

I'm on Dangermouse. Don't let me down, son.

Traded the mouse in for Tippy Spud for the Melbourne game :eek: Still scoring better with no neck! So I'm going to back the tough son of a be-atch! Midfield time will help his SC scores you would think.

Don't want to trade but if

Brown is out and Hitchcock isn't named, then maybe Hitchcock to PODS..LOL

geez I want to trade.. LOL

Just bet me prompta.. Hmm, remember the old addage.. Accept some early season doughnuts and don't panic?? lol I don't believe that either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back