Scott Gumbleton injured again (August 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor bastard. Just isn't meant to be.

Would've loved to have seen Gumby get one clean run at it. I wouldn't have even been mad if he'd kicked a bag against us. Guy deserves to show what he can do.

Poor bastard. Just isn't meant to be.

Would've loved to have seen Gumby get one clean run at it. I wouldn't have even been mad if he'd kicked a bag against us. Guy deserves to show what he can do.

yeah high draft pick, he has never had a clear run at it to show what he is capable of

If Gumbleton and Sylvia can find their feet it might just put Freo over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember going to a Hawthorn Essendon game a few years ago where he kicked a few goals.

After he pulled up sore from a contest, an Essendon fan yelled out "The reason we call you Gumby is because you're built like the plastic toy". It was harsh and a few fans gave him a dirty look, you just had to feel for the guy. Certainly the unluckiest player over the past decade.

"Tom Williams" syndrome - would be a very good player if he ever had an extended run at the game.
Certainly the unluckiest player over the past decade.
Anthony Morabito?

"Tom Williams" syndrome - would be a very good player if he ever had an extended run at the game.

Anthony Morabito?
Daniel Menzel. Tom Williams. Etc. Etc.

Pointless comparisons to make anyway.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think it's luck any more. He's had a truckload of back injuries that led to a series of hamstring and leg issues that then become a never ending loop.

Freo took a chance on him because they had little to lose by using just a list spot on him and so be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Gumbleton injured again (August 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back