News Scott Lucas to announce retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never forgotten that goal he kicked to beat the Blues in either 98 or 99.

Thanks for the memories Scotty!

All the best Scott! You were an absolute champion and you were one of few shining lights through our darker days (Post 2004).

Ahh those goals he pulled out for Hirdy's last... amazing.

An absolute champion of the Essendon football club. I remember in 98, I got a big 25 sewn on the back of my bomber's jumper.

Such an under-rated player, one of the best in the competition in the hardest position to play.

Symbolic that on the day a champion retires, we see another upcoming champion (hopefully) of our club being recognised by the AFL with the rising star nomination.

Congratulations on a great career Scott. I'm really hoping you stick around and mentor the young guys - a change of direction rather than an end to involvement. Regardless, if anyone deserves the rest it's you.

Well done again mate.

Thanks for the memories Scotty!!! You will always be remembered as a true champion of the club and the AFL. Outside of Hirdy, you were the player to most likely rise to the occasion and produce a blistering burst of 4 goals in a quarter to bring us back into the game. We're gonna miss ya!!!

And thanks Scotty for the encouraging words you gave me regarding my rehab for a knee reconstruction when I bumped into him at the AdiCentre. It helped a lot!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Scotty on an excellent career for the Dons. A great player, and by all reports, a great person as well.

Thank you for all you have given to the club.

Best of luck in the future Scotty. :thumbsu: Now and always an Eseendon Champion.

I don't think a send off game can be afforded unfortunately, we need to win the next 2 and try to take some sort of form into the finals.

Probably my favourite bomber, sad to see him go, loved him wheeling around onto the left and smacking it 55m to goal.

A true champion and top bloke, it would be had to find a bloke with a bigger heart than Scotty. All the best in future endeavours Scott hopefully you hang round the joint and pass your knowledge and wisdom to the younger players.

no one can argue the fact that he was an absolute essendon champion and I for one, will miss him very much, so many great memories, is quiet sad, but i guess everything needs to move on and we cant keep living in the past.
we will never forget ya mate!

Well done scott you've had a fantastic career your a champion of our club but you have done the right thing, it was your time to go.

2 x Club Champion. Massive finals/big game performer. Could have chased more $ numerous times (especially from the cats), but stayed loyal. Never got the limelight because of Hird and Lloyd, but never complained. Legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Scott Lucas to announce retirement today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back