Where will the West Coast Eagles finish in 2023

• 1 - 4

• 5 - 8

• 9 - 12

• 12 - 16

• Bottom 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless all our new recruits play the majority of the year. 2023 will be a wasted year. O/k your all going to say you need older players, i disagree unless we are competing for a grand final spot. Play all the young players and see who can play at a level required.

Unless all our new recruits play the majority of the year. 2023 will be a wasted year. O/k your all going to say you need older players, i disagree unless we are competing for a grand final spot. Play all the young players and see who can play at a level required.
Yep, throw them to the wolves so we end up like Carlton/Melbourne for the next 15 years.

Try again.

zig8h6p1jj7a1.jpg

I'd understand if we where in the eight with a chance of a grand final but we will be at the bottom for a few years.

WCE wooden spoon at the end of 2023 Shuey, hurn, gaff, darling, Cripps & Nat all gone
I’ve noticed you are a consistently negative poster regarding West Coast.

Understand 2022 was a very poor year but can I please suggest you change your style and look at some positives from the football club.

If you can’t see any, then maybe this isn’t the place for you.

The hunger is definitely back.
Our older stars have got one more shot at glory and it’s this year.
When your hearts not in it with hubs/Covid/marriage/kids that’s when you get injuries and it gets harder to play through niggles.
Culley arrived mid season for Gods sake.He’s burning up the track!
Clark is burning up the track.The forgotten man!
Chesser? Who knows but obviously got the talent!
OA and JD are talented but a bit small so one of the big boys needs to step up.
Edwards is going to go to the next level in defence.He’s very talented and a big boy! He’s been playing in a backline that has been under enormous pressure!
We can carry Sheeds lack of pace with an injection of youth.
Yo has a few good years left in him. Can he get his body right?
Shuey should not be captain and should be used sparingly.Relying on him as a top three mid is silly! Use him as cream.
I like Cole he adds grit!
Injuries Injuries Injuries.
Mentally we are recharged. Simmo could take us top eight easily but he will have to balance nursing oldies and introducing newbies.
2018 had 10-11 new faces if my memory serves me right.
Don’t be afraid Simmo!
With luck..top eight!

WCE wooden spoon at the end of 2023 Shuey, hurn, gaff, darling, Cripps & Nat all gone
Sorry but I don't understand your posting need for negativity.
You never reply to the positive feedback given and seem to enjoy trying to bait the honest supporter.
I suggest you support Freo next year.
I reckon they might suit you better, being eternal losers and all😇

Like BZP said above, you can't throw them all to the Wolves. You need some mature bodies.

I suppose we could have garnered a trade for someone like Gaff, pay half his salary. even if we did this, who was left to bring in? Jake Florenca if you need a mature body but he's 26 next year too.

The draft is only so deep. Some player left below that could be a maybe;

Adam D'Aloha?
Jed Hagan?
Baxter Phillip?
Kane Bevan?
Callum Verrell?

I'm not a Gaff fan but even blind Freddy can see we killed it this year with list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd understand if we where in the eight with a chance of a grand final but we will be at the bottom for a few years.
Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine......I was going to reflect on the discussions 18 months ago around Geelong's aging list and the positives around our last couple of drafts, but I'll cut to the chase, you're a knob!

Not sure how you can see WCE winning 6 games, sure they get back Allen, Cole & added hunt who are all in our best 22. But the new recruits are going to take a while to have any impact. So apart from Allen, Cole & Hunt we have the same team from last year. Doesn't Rioli look super fit at port i wouldn't be surprised he has a terrific year sadly.

Again.....

Look at the AFL fixture....

2023 AFL FIXTURE.jpg

west coasts line is near the bottom. the eagles opponent Teams in Colour are home game and the eagles opponents in black and white are the away games.

So by the fixture from rounds 1 until eagles round 14 bye, theres at least 3 or 4 winnable home games the eagles can win. (Gaints, freo, blues, suns and bombers)

Analysing the fixtures i reckon we have 2 guaranteed wins for the year.
We will of course start with our older players if they can make it to round 1.
Gaff, Shuey, Sheed, Yeo, Hurn. Mcgovern, Cripps. Nat will all play.
But if we are 1 win 4 losses after 5 rounds changes have to happen.
On a positive they are looking fitter than last year & hoping Oscar is fit by round 1

Analysing the fixtures i reckon we have 2 guaranteed wins for the year.
We will of course start with our older players if they can make it to round 1.
Gaff, Shuey, Sheed, Yeo, Hurn. Mcgovern, Cripps. Nat will all play.
But if we are 1 win 4 losses after 5 rounds changes have to happen.
On a positive they are looking fitter than last year & hoping Oscar is fit by round 1
You do realise that Yeo is only 29 and Sheed 27…..
Biggest issue we have is the lack of talent between the age of 22-30 years old and you want to get rid of two of the ones that have talent.
Go and have a beer and whinge with Suma you two would get along great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Season 2023 Predictions

Back