Official Match Thread Season 31: Round 2 - Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

LC5NuoY.png

gumbie.png 27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png

Round 2 - Match Preview

Our last contest for round 2 and we travel to the House of Gumby to witness the Gumbies and last season premiers, The Royals do battle in what's shaping to be a very interesting battle. The Gumbies in round 1 knocked off the Demons by 5 points away from home while the reigning premiers, the Royals started their S31 campaign with a L in a low scoring affair. This shapes up to be another contest where it could be early lights out if the Royals lose as you never want to start a season 0-2 while for the Gumbies 2-0 would be a great start to the season after a few failed seasons in the past.

LAST TIME THEY MET
Gold City Royals:
19.14. (128)
Gumbies FFC: 15.12. (102)

GOALS
Royals:
CakeEater - 4, Ulahoopski - 4, Kapow!!! -3, Paddles_ -2, brahj, Easty, NTRabbit, BRAB, nahnah
Gumbies: Rodney Dangerfield -6, omgfridge -3, okeydoke7 -3, Barrybran -2, Brick Loosener ,

DISPOSALS
Royals:
Smartys Power -23, Marlowe -21, Paddles_ 19, Easty -17, CakeEater - 16
Gumbies: StFly - 25, omgfridge - 21, Jivlain - 19, Riviat - 17, GWS Goose - 14

PREDICITION
I honestly think the reigning premiers will struggle to start the season and Barrybran will lead his men to victory on Sunday to give the Gumbies a 2-0 record to start S31

CAPTAINS PLEASE HAVE TEAM SHEETS DUE 11:59 PM AEDT Thursday

I'll give you the hot tip that last week's result won't happen again this time.

We got this.

Well yes, I’m tipping you 100% won’t lose to the Swamprats this week - instead you’ll be losing to the Gumbies.

Well yes, I’m tipping you 100% won’t lose to the Swamprats this week - instead you’ll be losing to the Gumbies.

I'm glad you've found a second wind Ned after you were delisted. Hate seeing people lost to the league.

I'm glad you've found a second wind Ned after you were delisted. Hate seeing people lost to the league.

Why thank you, it’s good to be back. And after my sabbatical at the Stephen Dank Wellness Spa, I’ve never felt better!

7C67F15E-9069-4005-9D97-92441973CEB5.gif

Ooh flexible inanimate objects week

This should be fun.

They don't scream 'we are a legitimate threat on field' do they?

1612784955739.png

I'd add the players names to the photo, but they gumby's so who really cares?

Welcome Royals, I look forward to spending the week with you lot before watching Rodney Dangerfield single handedly dominate the "stacked 6" (no Genghis Tron you can't be part of the stacked 6)
We won't be stupid enough to take him off this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 31: Round 2 - Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back