Official Match Thread Season 33 - Round 11: Dragons FFC vs Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair - grand final rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2
Episodes 11 & 12
The Tok'ra: Part 1 and 2

Plot twist, not all Goa’uld are evil. (This had been set up on episode 2, but there was still some doubt)

These episodes also introduced JR Bourne as Martouf. One of my favourite characters
I loved the SG1 + Dark Angel double on Thursday nights back in the day. It was quality entertainment. Couldn't miss it either, as it wouldn't be on replay for at least 12 months.
1650101423699.png

Yes, we’re all here to witness serial_thrilla trash his reputation and everyone else’s in the most spectacular car-crash the Sweet FA has ever seen.

And so say all of us.

Which metal band will James Colorado do a top 10 of?

Will Cold Sober burn the joint down first.

Stay tuned.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dragons and Furies. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Crimson's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dragons & Furies truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in T2B's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bastyy's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dragons & Furies tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

I loved the SG1 + Dark Angel double on Thursday nights back in the day. It was quality entertainment. Couldn't miss it either, as it wouldn't be on replay for at least 12 months.
View attachment 1375079
I, too, developed an unhealthy obsession with Jessica alba.

Yes, we’re all here to witness serial_thrilla trash his reputation and everyone else’s in the most spectacular car-crash the Sweet FA has ever seen.

And so say all of us.

Which metal band will James Colorado do a top 10 of?

Will Cold Sober burn the joint down first.

Stay tuned.

Doesn’t sound that different to a normal match thread for you mate.

How’s the Nerd Club investigation going? Figured out who our preference for admin is yet?

#KilroyIsOnTheCase
#grandfinalrematch
#itsallaboutengagement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 21
Meridian
In which Daniel Jackson dies at the end

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dragons and Furies. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Crimson's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dragons & Furies truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in T2B's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bastyy's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Dragons & Furies tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
Not a great time in history to be looking to Russia for philosophy, comrade.

As Turgenev said (rhetorically) “So ... you were convinced of all this and decided not to do anything serious yourselves."

As GWS Goose would have pointed out “evil succeeds when good men do nothing”.

And the Narodniks largely handed out pamphlets advocating land to the peasants, mills and factories to the workers and freedom and equality for all, but when they found themselves unable to deal with the hardships of the country lifestyle, they quickly returned to the cities.

Back to the drawing board for you, Mr Tolstoy.

Last edited:
OH LIKE YOU DIDN'T KNOW!! IT'S ANOTHER ESSENTIAL JAMES COLORADO COUNTDOWN!!

THIS TIME IT'S OFFENSIVE HAND GESTURES!!

9. Biting the thumb.

1650102842432.jpeg

Not really common in Western countries nowadays, it did have meaning formerly akin to the middle finger of today when the bit thumb was then flicked forward from the mouth. Notable for having expression in Shakespeare, and so gives an insight into popular expression of the Elizabethan Renaissance.

Official Match Thread Season 33 - Round 11: Dragons FFC vs Fighting Furies at Ljp86's Lair - grand final rematch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back