Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 13: Roys FFC vs West Coast Wonders at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

According to one ClarkeM , no one reads the OP. Good, that means I can just rant and say stuff about anyone and I won’t get in trouble. This week is Round 13 but with the added twist that it’s also the last round of Season 34. That means that only a handful of people care about the result this Sunday, because else has other missed finals or they don’t who they go up against as long as they get to fight someone and make them cry. Luckily with it being the last round, it’s the easiest time of the year to do that.

Now, we’ve had some good statistical analysis so far this season. Ljp86 and Broken informs us who has made finals, who can’t and what teams need to do to reach either outcome, while DenieD gives us a rough outline of what the chances of a team finishing somewhere on the ladder. That got me thinking though; wouldn’t the average person reading these posts want the actual numbers, the actual chance out of 100 of such things happening? Well, person who is better than ClarkeM because they are still reading this, let’s have a look at some pretty graphs and see what can be done, not just what could be done.

1666609917084.png 1666609933923.png

Now, this is interesting. The Roys could lose this match and still get the minor premiership, maybe even travel for the first week of finals. The Wonders could lose and still make finals, but that's an equal chance of that happening as it is to miss finals. Imagine if this match didn't matter, but it does so hush.

Of course, form could play a part in all this. Take the Roys and Wonders. The Roys have won a whopping 6 games on the trot while the Wonders completed a 4-game winning streak by losing twice. Someone has to lose though, I know shocker, bar the 1.06% chance of a draw. Not to mention, the last time these 2 teams played against each other, the Roys killed them; an absolute drubbing for the ages. What does it matter what happened last season to this one? ¯\(ツ)

But you know what does matter? Having people to talk to while you wait for the inevitable qooty result to happen because sometimes it can lonely if you’re in a match thread by yourself. It’s the end of the home and away season, some already know they won’t be playing during finals, maybe you’ve already checked out mid-season and counting down the days until you play games on the other side of Sweet. Let’s get to know the opposition.

Damicky is everyone’s favourite cheese, unless you’re lactose intolerant, in which damicky is just one of the better posters at the Wonders. While there’s always an aura of an old guard at the Wonders, damicky is by comparison a brand new face to liven up a team so steeped in history. That’s means they’re stuck in the past and damicky is someone of the future.

His captain, Brenton Davy, has the unenviable task of captaining a team that, a few seasons ago, was the least relevant team in the league. While I do trust that Brenton Davy does have the capacity to continue turning that ship around, it will be a 2 person job with “The Cheese”. Brenton Davy is a great captain so I’ve been told, which is good news considering who his predecessor was

Wosh is the most prominent of all the Roys and it’s easy to see why. That’s not me saying she’s the only notable person at the Roys, just that she’s the most notable. On any given day she’ll tell you all about the cake she’s made while contemplating whether or not to wipe your existence off the platform. She’s the only riot she’ll allow in these parts.

Y’know what’s better than 1 first name? 3, and no one uses 3 first names better than TedDougChris. In what is his 150th game, you could’ve sworn that he’s been around for much longer. Also, if he isn’t the captain then I apologies to whomever it is because TedDougChris so well in the captain specifically for the Roys; a great poster that you can’t get enough of.

It's all to play for this week. Will the Roys be able to go from Major Premiers to Minor Premiers? Can the Wonders win and secure that 7th finish? Or will it crash it and burn for West Coast as they miss finals altogether. At least the Roys can't lose their double chance, do you know they made finals? I don't think they've made it obvious but yeah, 100% chance.

Roys by 60

Also Captains, teamsheets to be in by 11:59pm AEDT (11:29pm ACDT, 8:59pm AWST, don't bother asking for Brisbane time).

I always like an OP that completely loses the run of itself.

Wonders to win this in a canter .... Hmmn .... Stroll ... Hmmn ..a shamble amble?
I'll be happy if stumble in a heap over the line.

Damicky is everyone’s favourite cheese, unless you’re lactose intolerant, in which damicky is just one of the better posters at the Wonders. While there’s always an aura of an old guard at the Wonders, damicky is by comparison a brand new face to liven up a team so steeped in history. That’s means they’re stuck in the past and damicky is someone of the future.

This made me smile a lot

His captain, Brenton Davy, has the unenviable task of captaining a team that, a few seasons ago, was the least relevant team in the league. While I do trust that Brenton Davy does have the capacity to continue turning that ship around, it will be a 2 person job with “The Cheese”. Brenton Davy is a great captain so I’ve been told, which is good news considering who his predecessor was

BD & I are Co-Captains

Also Captains, teamsheets to be in by 11:59pm AEDT (11:29pm ACDT, 8:59pm AWST, don't bother asking for Brisbane time).

Can you let me know Gold Coast time then?

Sorry about your loss Wonders. You’ve timed this badly, Zevon has just worked out how to kick goals (and lots of behinds)

Sorry about your loss Wonders. You’ve timed this badly, Zevon has just worked out how to kick goals (and lots of behinds)
The explanation is fairly simple. I’ve been playing in the same forward line as Elmer_Judd, hence I’ve learnt how to kick goals. But also the same forward line as zackah, hence learnt to kick behinds

The explanation is fairly simple. I’ve been playing in the same forward line as Elmer_Judd, hence I’ve learnt how to kick goals. But also the same forward line as zackah, hence learnt to kick behinds

With Finals beckoning it is time the Roys prepped against a straight shooter unlike the corkscrew shaped and success averse zackah

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y’know what’s better than 1 first name? 3, and no one uses 3 first names better than TedDougChris. In what is his 150th game, you could’ve sworn that he’s been around for much longer. Also, if he isn’t the captain then I apologies to whomever it is because TedDougChris so well in the captain specifically for the Roys; a great poster that you can’t get enough of.

We cross live now to FootyGuy13 as he writes this paragraph...

scarface coke.gif

Hello to my old Wonders friends.

However us Roys are firming for back to back and as such, at our Dojo, the BJO, we have one simple philosophy

7XNr.gif

We got this 'Rillas

Bw4ap4.gif

Another season of falling agonisingly short of being eliminated in the first round of the finals, perfect.

Make it quick Roys.
I like you, you’re a worse FF than Zevon !

Well he’s elite now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 34 Round 13: Roys FFC vs West Coast Wonders at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back