Official Match Thread Season 35 | Round 4 | Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things That Make You Feel Old thread
I follow a page on Facebook that posts a fact to make you feel old every day.
Stuff like the Apollo 13 movie is closer to the actual mission than it is to today.
Elvis is to Nirvana as Nirvana is to a current band

Sarcastic Brooklyn Nine Nine GIF
Isn't it just. Thanks for recognising my comedic genius.

I liked Rove back in the day, watched it back recently, did not hold up .
Was really lame.
No where near as disappointing as rewatching childhood favourites Knight rider and A Team as an adult. Those shows were so bad.
I was a huge Scrubs fan back in the day. Safe to say casual racism and misogyny wouldn't fly today.

I was a huge Scrubs fan back in the day. Safe to say casual racism and misogyny wouldn't fly today.
Better than Bill Cosby cracking gags about drugging girls to shag them that ended up being autobiographical.
I can't remember which comedian (probably Eddie Murphy or Richard Prior), but someone who Cosby was critical of language and alike as a great bit on Bill being all high and mighty about someone cursing meanwhile he is raping people.

I follow a page on Facebook that posts a fact to make you feel old every day.
Stuff like the Apollo 13 movie is closer to the actual mission than it is to today.
Elvis is to Nirvana as Nirvana is to a current band
When I think of things that make me feel old, it's gotta be the fact that this years draftees are almost all younger than me

When I think of things that make me feel old, it's gotta be the fact that this years draftees are almost all younger than me
I remember as people I played with and against started to play NRL I felt old.
I ran elite pathway programs for years, some starting as early as 12, as some of younger ones came in to grade I felt old.
Those kids I coached than started retiring (recently) I felt old.
But the one that hit me hardest, I remember celebrating one of my team mates kids being born, he has now played 100 NRL games.

Life happens fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're clearly not needed for us to win this week Smartys Power. What game do you want to play instead? I reckon we could crack out Catan, or have a few rounds of Skulls and Roses.

Last edited:
So we're clearly not needed for us to win this week Smartys Power. What game do you want to play instead? I reckon we could crack out the Catan, or have a few rounds of Skulls and Roses.

I would highly recommend sequence. Especially if you do not want to make friends.

So we're clearly not needed for us to win this week Smartys Power. What game do you want to play instead? I reckon we could crack out the Catan, or have a few rounds of Skulls and Roses.
What are those games?

I literally have no clue.

Drinking games?

I got you friend. What is catan?

Skulls and Roses is a bit more niche, but is a fun bluffing game.
lol, very good.

I was asking for a more first hand experience, and more importantly you know, trying to have a conversation about something you are interested in, its what good people do.

It is it kind of like Risk?

lol, very good.

I was asking for a more first hand experience, and more importantly you know, trying to have a conversation about something you are interested in, its what good people do.

Somewhat actually in so far as attempting to secure prime bits of the board. Outside of that, far more complex. More stategic it is game plan.

Highly recommend

lol, very good.

Not particularly, though it likely shares a few concepts. Catan is a lot more of a resource management game and very social. So it's about what land you take (seeing there is no combat, so it's yours forever) and are you able to trade your way out of whatever problems you run into (either to other players or the bank).

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35 | Round 4 | Gumbies FFC vs Gold City Royals @ House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back