Event Season 36 SFA Players Association MVP - Beez Trophy - 15-16 December 2023 - To Be Continued AEDT 6pm

Remove this Banner Ad

12th - 661 votes - Wosh
12th.png

CONTENT:

And we are back on the Beez count, coming in 12th place in the Season 36 Beez is none other than Wosh from the Mount Buller Demons.

Today Wowsh is the resident site admin helping make SFA admins look good, along with helping out in many aspects of the league including posting the sims, putting up with people harassing her about badges, helping run tour initiatives on the General Discussion board that have brought stars like the EKA Medalist Gralin to the league along with promoting the SFA in many other ways, along with engaging in classic old fashion Qooty banter as a key player for the most active posting unit in SFA history.

But I don't want to talk about current day Wowsh right now. I want to talk about the Wowsh that everybody has forgotten, one that she is desperately trying to bury in the past, a campaigner of a poster that pushes the limits, that was one of the biggest flogs on Bay 13 prior to coming to the SFA.

Before Wowsh was Wowsh and had her koala cat avatar she was Wooshette_, then Wooshy, then Wooshette and maybe Shantaram_ in between all of that, the original Xena before DemurePrincess recently revived the avatar.

tumblr_inline_ncs429uMKy1r2es7n.gif

Back in the day she posted incredible, innovative, cutting-edge creative content like this:

She also famously hosted a Warriors B&F where she shooped all the players onto people on a nudist beach or something.

Some things never change though, whatever name she has or team she played for she was always terrible at Qooty. (P.S. what an absolute campaigner RU_ is)
4 : 24.32 {FF} - Wooshette_ puts it through for a behind.
Sin City Swamprats : 11.10.76
Coney Island Warriors : 11.5.71

4 : 24.43 {FB} - Macca19 looking for a lead.
4 : 24.47 {FB} - Could be deliberate? yes indeed says the umpire.
4 : 24.51 {FF} - Wooshette_ has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 24.57 {FF} - Wooshette_ bounces the ball...

DUNNNN DUNNNN DUNNNNNN!

=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Sin City Swamprats : 11.10.76
Coney Island Warriors : 11.5.71
=====================================

Match Over!

I don't know where I'm going with this. I suppose the point is, Wowsh has been a part of the fabric of the league for over 8 years now and in that time she's really done it all. From the edgy, hilarious upstart pwning all-comers in match threads, to a fantastic captain who fostered a very high level of engagement at the Warriors initially, then helped build the Roys up and now the most engaged group at the Demons - there's one common denominator, and to go with all of that the power of work she does as a site admin to help the smooth running of the league. She's an invaluable part of the SFA and the only surprise this season is that she is not ranked higher in the Beez.

Congratulations on coming 12th in the Season 36 Beez Wowsh!

11th - 662 votes - philreich
11th.png

CONTENT:

Just one vote above in 11th spot is Swamprats stalwart philreich. The purveyor of dad jokes and dragging out close Qooty games.

In the SFA there are many different types of personas, you may come across cringey spammers like Close Contest, posters that are relevant for one week and then disappear forever like The Red Squirrel, respected workhorses like Cloud_, semi-active whiners like Bless or just megalomaniacal psychopaths like Kennedy Parker. But the one persona that philreich has ever been has been philreich.

This is a man that is consistent, you know what you get with him and people like that. He wears his heart on his sleeve and what phil is very close to the real phil. That kind of authenticity is what allows the man to connect with so many in the league, his sense of humour and wit is universally appreciated across the league season after season. There's a reason he is number one recruitment target for Callums_Guns' TEAM GUNS!

Often phil will also share touching stories of his experience in real life with his family and how medical technology has worked wonders. This season he helped set up the fundraising page that ultimately helped raise $1726 for the Women and Children's Hospital Foundation which is a great cause.

He also happens to be the new Rendered Unsafe with respect to sim posting as he drags out a close Qooty game for hours. And he will tell you in classic Philreich fashion that he can wait here all day to post the last 5 minutes of the sim because he is a public servant!

Congratulations Phil on yet another strong showing at the Beez, finishing 11th in Season 36!

Bonus Award - Best Opposition In Match Threads - Mount Buller Demons
Opposition.png

Time for another Bonus Award - this season the voters were asked to vote for which opposition club was their favourite to play against in Match Threads and the results concluded that it is the Mount Buller Demons.

The club that had 20+ match thread contributors from the team every single week. And it's too much of a surprise, just look at that list, they boast:

Headless - the non-contributor who sits on his arse

But other than that there is quality up and down the list.

They have the joint Frankston Rover winner, GM of the league manangatang.
They have Tarkyn_24 the Lionel Messi to okeydoke7's Cristiano Ronaldo.
The man who works 100 hours every week sante.
DemonJim aka Gym4Life the resident gym junkie.
Hate - person of the year every year.
sausageroll - a rookie with no experience.
Gralin - the EKA medalist
Wosh - who is formerly known as Wooshette.

Actually when I write it out, that list is kind of mid to be honest, the Warriors are way better but people LOVE the Demons and that is why they are crowned the Season 36 Best Opposition to post against!

View attachment 1872802

CONTENT:

And we are back on the Beez count, coming in 12th place in the Season 36 Beez is none other than Wosh from the Mount Buller Demons.

Today Wowsh is the resident site admin helping make SFA admins look good, along with helping out in many aspects of the league including posting the sims, putting up with people harassing her about badges, helping run tour initiatives on the General Discussion board that have brought stars like the EKA Medalist Gralin to the league along with promoting the SFA in many other ways, along with engaging in classic old fashion Qooty banter as a key player for the most active posting unit in SFA history.

But I don't want to talk about current day Wowsh right now. I want to talk about the Wowsh that everybody has forgotten, one that she is desperately trying to bury in the past, a campaigner of a poster that pushes the limits, that was one of the biggest flogs on Bay 13 prior to coming to the SFA.

Before Wowsh was Wowsh and had her koala cat avatar she was Wooshette_, then Wooshy, then Wooshette and maybe Shantaram_ in between all of that, the original Xena before DemurePrincess recently revived the avatar.

Back in the day she posted incredible, innovative, cutting-edge creative content like this:

She also famously hosted a Warriors B&F where she shooped all the players onto people on a nudist beach or something.

Some things never change though, whatever name she has or team she played for she was always terrible at Qooty. (P.S. what an absolute campaigner RU_ is)

I don't know where I'm going with this. I suppose the point is, Wowsh has been a part of the fabric of the league for over 8 years now and in that time she's really done it all. From the edgy, hilarious upstart pwning all-comers in match threads, to a fantastic captain who fostered a very high level of engagement at the Warriors initially, then helped build the Roys up and now the most engaged group at the Demons - there's one common denominator, and to go with all of that the power of work she does as a site admin to help the smooth running of the league. She's an invaluable part of the SFA and the only surprise this season is that she is not ranked higher in the Beez.

I dunno whether to thank you or ban you but I’ll go thanks I think, old S20 rookie buddy 😘 It's been an utmost pleasure doing my bit to help around the joint with you as admin.
Thanks to everyone who threw me votes and thanks to the fantastic Demons and manangatang , Headless and all the great people I’m hanging with, love you all and strangely enough I still love this League 🤡

Have a wonderful Xmas all 🤙🏻

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1872802

CONTENT:

I don't know where I'm going with this. I suppose the point is, Wowsh has been a part of the fabric of the league for over 8 years now and in that time she's really done it all. From the edgy, hilarious upstart pwning all-comers in match threads, to a fantastic captain who fostered a very high level of engagement at the Warriors initially, then helped build the Roys up and now the most engaged group at the Demons - there's one commonu denominator, and to go with all of that the power of work she does as a site admin to help the smooth running of the league. She's an invaluable part of the SFA and the only surprise this season is that she is not ranked higher in the Beez.

That blue text needs to die.

Also, congrats Wosh . Shave a puppy.

IMG_0101.jpeg

Time for another Bonus Award - this season the voters were asked to vote for which opposition club was their favourite to play against in Match Threads and the results concluded that it is the Mount Buller Demons.

The club that had 20+ match thread contributors from the team every single week. And it's too much of a surprise, just look at that list, they boast:

Headless - the non-contributor who sits on his arse

But other than that there is quality up and down the list.

They have the joint Frankston Rover winner, GM of the league manangatang.
They have Tarkyn_24 the Lionel Messi to okeydoke7's Cristiano Ronaldo.
The man who works 100 hours every week sante.
DemonJim aka Gym4Life the resident gym junkie.
Hate - person of the year every year.
sausageroll - a rookie with no experience.
Gralin - the EKA medalist
Wosh - who is formerly known as Wooshette.

Actually when I write it out, that list is kind of mid to be honest, the Warriors are way better but people LOVE the Demons and that is why they are crowned the Season 36 Best Opposition to post against!
Will there be a shortlist KP? …. placings?

Failing that, do you know of anyone doing a post-season posting analysis?

1702714389476.png

…and then she said “yeah but it ate my popcorn!”

[from side of stage] Bob, you’re on.

Oh crap.

Welcome everybody, I trust this beez night finds you. Kennedy Parker your swansong is going off like an improvised explosive camel in the Baghdadi bazaar. beez night is the night where we reveal the posters that we as a community enjoyed, appreciated and yes, loved over the course of the season just gone. It is the yin of Sweet.

It’s time though to talk about the yang. The Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Now in its eighth course, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is the brainchild of NaturalDisaster who, in season 27, first shone a torch on the corners of Sweet that were uncontaminated by beez votes. Or sanitation. To quote from the eligibility criteria: “It's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community.”

It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was crap enough in season 28 to give it to, it fell under the couch and was forgotten in season 29 before being found along with a honey roasted peanut the following season. The winners from season 30 onwards have been Matt_352, Cap, Rioli8217, CatToTheFuture, Soggy2112 and finally kickthething last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute stonker - The Golden Shittruck!

In a sign that says both that activity is up and that quantity does not always equal quality, we had eight posters that met the eligibility requirements this season. Not quite the lofty heights of nine from season 32, but still enough for me to talk for longer than most of you want me to.

And now to the results.

Starting with those that were eligible but didn’t make the top five we have the Richard Kingsmill of Coney Island Purple7x08_24 in 8th place on 25.07 posts per week, the loveable yet dim-witted Manx cat from the East Side [INSERT NAME HERE] MP_ in 7th place on 26.71 PPW and the optimistically-named Bomber SaintsSeptember in 6th place on 30.71 PPW.

In fifth place this season on 33 posts per week is Mop from the Gumbies who, let’s be honest, would give zero sh*ts for not getting any votes as he’s a premiership player.

In fourth place is a player that not only received nil votes but gets a 404 Not Found error when you click on his name in SweetFA+. With 37.71 PPW it’s Irish BlueBagger, an active rookie from the Ophidian Old Boys that wasn’t stolen from another club which is as rare as rocking horse poo.

We’re at the pointy end now, and we have a tie for second place! Wonders ornament ClarkeM and Delon supporting actor moginie both posted exactly 600 times in season 36, giving them an average of 42.86 PPW.

And so to the winner, who averaged a whopping 55.21 posts into the void yet had a median PPW of only 8. Why does that matter? Just ask this statistician:

VRlxRnjltApbxOOxifgjYnB22qfrsB_uayGOfT377BE.jpg

An average is when you get all of the posts for the season into a bucket and then sprinkle them across the season so that every round gets the same amount of posts, like you’re giving out 14 participation awards but not declaring a winner. A median on the other hand is when you line up all of the rounds against a wall based on how tall they are, and then you shoot all but the round in the middle.

I use averages instead of medians for the Le Grille-gym4life Award because you shouldn’t get to hide from the Golden Shittruck just because you chose a couple of rounds to stink it up instead of the whole season. Indeed, this sort of practice should be spotlighted or as a wise man once said: “The more you f*ck around, the more you’re gonna find out”. I also use averages instead of medians because I’m mean.

Our winner posted 60.54% of their total match thread posts in one round – a round 4 encounter vs the Hill People where 468 posts were dropped in a week. To put this in context, he posted more in one week than 78.91% of all listed players in the SFA posted in the whole season!

So without any further ado, please charge your glasses and join me in congratulating dogs105 from the West Coast Revolving Doors on winning the Le Grille-gym4life Award for season 36! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

1702714596276.png

View attachment 1872846

Oh crap.

Welcome everybody, I trust this beez night finds you. Kennedy Parker your swansong is going off like an improvised explosive camel in the Baghdadi bazaar. beez night is the night where we reveal the posters that we as a community enjoyed, appreciated and yes, loved over the course of the season just gone. It is the yin of Sweet.

Now in its eighth course, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is the brainchild of NaturalDisaster who, in season 27, first shone a torch on the corners of Sweet that were uncontaminated by beez votes. Or sanitation. To quote from the eligibility criteria: “It's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community.”

It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was crap enough in season 28 to give it to, it fell under the couch and was forgotten in season 29 before being found along with a honey roasted peanut the following season. The winners from season 30 onwards have been Matt_352, Cap, Rioli8217, CatToTheFuture, Soggy2112 and finally kickthething last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute stonker - The Golden Shittruck!

In a sign that says both that activity is up and that quantity does not always equal quality, we had eight posters that met the eligibility requirements this season. Not quite the lofty heights of nine from season 32, but still enough for me to talk for longer than most of you want me to.

And now to the results.

Starting with those that were eligible but didn’t make the top five we have the Richard Kingsmill of Coney Island Purple7x08_24 in 8th place on 25.07 posts per week, the loveable yet dim-witted Manx cat from the East Side [INSERT NAME HERE] MP_ in 7th place on 26.71 PPW and the optimistically-named Bomber SaintsSeptember in 6th place on 30.71 PPW.

In fifth place this season on 33 posts per week is Mop from the Gumbies who, let’s be honest, would give zero sh*ts for not getting any votes as he’s a premiership player.

In fourth place is a player that not only received nil votes but gets a 404 Not Found error when you click on his name in SweetFA+. With 37.71 PPW it’s Irish BlueBagger, an active rookie from the Ophidian Old Boys that wasn’t stolen from another club which is as rare as rocking horse poo.

We’re at the pointy end now, and we have a tie for second place! Wonders ornament ClarkeM and Delon supporting actor moginie both posted exactly 600 times in season 36, giving them an average of 42.86 PPW.

And so to the winner, who averaged a whopping 55.21 posts into the void yet had a median PPW of only 8. Why does that matter? Just ask this statistician:

An average is when you get all of the posts for the season into a bucket and then sprinkle them across the season so that every round gets the same amount of posts, like you’re giving out 14 participation awards but not declaring a winner. A median on the other hand is when you line up all of the rounds against a wall based on how tall they are, and then you shoot all but the round in the middle.

I use averages instead of medians for the Le Grille-gym4life Award because you shouldn’t get to hide from the Golden Shittruck just because you chose a couple of rounds to stink it up instead of the whole season. Indeed, this sort of practice should be spotlighted or as a wise man once said: “The more you f*ck around, the more you’re gonna find out”. I also use averages instead of medians because I’m mean.

Our winner posted 60.54% of their total match thread posts in one round – a round 4 encounter vs the Hill People where 468 posts were dropped in a week. To put this in context, he posted more in one week than 78.91% of all listed players in the SFA posted in the whole season!

So without any further ado, please charge your glasses and join me in congratulating dogs105 from the West Coast Revolving Doors on winning the Le Grille-gym4life Award for season 36! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

View attachment 1872849
Congrats dogs105
Ryan Gosling Applause GIF

View attachment 1872846

Oh crap.

And now to the results.

View attachment 1872849
Good job dogs105 !
happy dog GIF

View attachment 1872846

Oh crap.

And now to the results.

View attachment 1872849
shout out to the Demons for dragging dogs105 out of his kennel twice this season.

10th - 678 votes - Gralin
10th.png

CONTENT:

We're in the top 10 now and it's the EKA Medalist Gralin from Mount Buller Demons coming in with 678 votes. The muppet has been absolute find for the league and the Mount Buller Demons in Season 36 after a successful tour of the General Discussion Board in the offseason finally convinced him to join after years of rejecting SFA advances.

Wosh finally hooked me with the help of Kennedy Parker very fun SFA visit to GD

I have a vested interest in telling everybody how good Gralin is because his recruitment to the league is yet another one of my many incredible administrative achievements.

Gralin in a season where he won the EKA Medal over a strong field, is really been everywhere diving deep into all parts of the league. After his very first game he was up to speed on the legend of okeydoke7 and Tarkyn_24's rivalry, he posted a huge number of posts every week and his presence garnering him recognition as the best match thread poster in the rate the oppo thread.

Final Leader Board - Top 50

RankPlayerTeamTotal Votes
1GralinDemons34
2James ColoradoFuries33.5
3King TenzDragons32.5
4Tonga BobWarriors30.5
5TedDougChrisRoys30
5philreichSwamprats30
7PugsleyBombers26
7grumblegutsRoyals26
9HARPSichordWonders25.25
10BLUEALLTHRUBombers23
11FalconistaGumbies22
12DemurePrincessPhoenix21
13RobertioOld Boys20.5
14DingsterBears20
15jackster83Swamprats19
15DinsdaleWarriors19
17ShaunDugganFuries17.33
18damickyWonders16.58
19spudmasterWarriors16.5
20Mrs TurboOld Boys16
20por_please_yaPhoenix16
20GreyCrowRoyals16
20CadskyRoyals16
24tonyBears15
24omgfridgeFuries15
24GWS GooseGumbies15
24MobbsRoys15
24AnUltimateRessieWonders15
29Brenton DavyRoyals14
30Chat PileGumbies13.5
30thewizardmelonPhoenix13.5
30okeydoke7Swamprats13.5
30DragoDelphDragons13.5
30serial_thrillaDragons13.5
35kenneyswarriorsOld Boys12.5
35Callums_GunsPhoenix12.5
37Frederico_WAFuries12.33
38Scythe94Demons12
38Ocha905Warriors12
40Tarkyn_24Demons11
40BarrybranGumbies11
42BrakletOld Boys10.5
43GravBombers10
43T2B_Dragons10
43sausagerollDemons10
46CapBears9
46Elton Johns WigOld Boys9
46Rankine2RachelePhoenix9
46Elmer_JuddRoys9
46Kennedy ParkerSwamprats9
He also made quality media thread recognising the 400 game qareer of DemonJim a Hall of Fame Qootballer whose Qooty achievements completely make up for the lack of posting nous.

On top of that, he's also helped out in promoting the league, assisting me in exporting the concept of werewolf to the General Discussion board in order to grow the community with another exhibition event. Gralin has only been here one season and is already a superstar and will likely inevitably be a prominent leader in this place in coming years.

Congratulations Gralin on making to top 10 of the Season 36 Beez!

View attachment 1872832

CONTENT:

We're in the top 10 now and it's the EKA Medalist Gralin from Mount Buller Demons coming in with 678 votes. The muppet has been absolute find for the league and the Mount Buller Demons in Season 36 after a successful tour of the General Discussion Board in the offseason finally convinced him to join after years of rejecting SFA advances.

I have a vested interest in telling everybody how good Gralin is because his recruitment to the league is yet another one of my many incredible administrative achievements.

Gralin in a season where he won the EKA Medal over a strong field, is really been everywhere diving deep into all parts of the league. After his very first game he was up to speed on the legend of okeydoke7 and Tarkyn_24's rivalry, he posted a huge number of posts every week and his presence garnering him recognition as the best match thread poster in the rate the oppo thread.

He also made quality media thread recognising the 400 game qareer of DemonJim a Hall of Fame Qootballer whose Qooty achievements completely make up for the lack of posting nous.

On top of that, he's also helped out in promoting the league, assisting me in exporting the concept of werewolf to the General Discussion board in order to grow the community with another exhibition event. Gralin has only been here one season and is already a superstar and will likely inevitably be a prominent leader in this place in coming years.

Congratulations Gralin on making to top 10 of the Season 36 Beez!
GRALIN!
Thumbs GIF by Sesame Street

9th - 696 votes - tony
9th.png

CONTENT:

Hahahaha, there's a lot of '69s' in that combination of votes and ranking...

Anyway coming in 9th place in this season's Beez is the awesome captain of the Las Vegas Bears - tony !

After finally getting some luck in the sim, tony has been a mighty presence across the league. And although he may not have had a huge presence in the media in Season 36, his work has not gone unnoticed. Tony remains one of the most creative posters in the league with his ability to use graphics and imagination to weave realism into his work. This is his work in a match thread OP this season.

bears-v-royals-png.1788701

And some of his work in the team thread is absolutely A-Grade so no wonder he has managed to keep the Las Vegas Bears up as one of the most engaged and active clubs in the SFA. One has to wonder if more people saw the work of tony then surely his Beez ranking would be even higher!
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Special: Dingster Unleashes the Thunder with His Latest Innovation: The ElectraHammer!

In a groundbreaking move that's set to shake up the tool industry, Dingster, the mastermind behind many a DIY success, has unveiled his latest creation—the ElectraHammer. Fueled by a quest for more power, Dingster, never one to settle for the ordinary, has redefined the standard for handheld hammers.

The ElectraHammer is not your average tool; it's a high-powered electric hammer that brings a surge of efficiency to every swing. Dingster, known for always carrying a hammer, decided that it was time for his trusty tool to level up. "I felt the conventional hammer lacked the punch I needed. So, I put on my inventor's cap and crafted a hammer that doesn't just hit the nail on the head; it obliterates it," Dingster explained.

Just look at that power

View attachment 1861409

Key Features of the ElectraHammer:
  1. Power Unleashed: The ElectraHammer packs a mighty punch with its high-powered electric mechanism. Say goodbye to endless swings; now, one swing does it all.
  2. Precision Engineering: Dingster's meticulous attention to detail is evident in every aspect of the ElectraHammer. Its sleek design and ergonomic handle make it a joy to wield.
  3. Versatility: Whether you're a professional tradesperson or a DIY enthusiast, the ElectraHammer is your go-to tool. It's designed to tackle everything from minor repairs to major construction projects.
  4. Rechargeable Battery: No more scrambling for spare batteries. The ElectraHammer comes with a rechargeable battery, ensuring you're always ready for action.
  5. Dingster's Seal of Approval: Dingster stands by the ElectraHammer with his name, and that means you're getting a tool that's been tried, tested, and approved by the man himself.
Dingster envisions the ElectraHammer as a game-changer in the world of tools, and initial reviews are already buzzing with excitement. "This isn't just a hammer; it's a force to be reckoned with," says one early adopter.

The ElectraHammer is now available for purchase online at DingsterInnovations.com. Embrace the power, embrace the future—grab your ElectraHammer today!

Congratulations Tony on a great season and top 9 in the Beez in Season 36!

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Season 36 SFA Players Association MVP - Beez Trophy - 15-16 December 2023 - To Be Continued AEDT 6pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back