Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Wonders!

It's Markets day! And that means all things coffee, quaffing, football, chatting and laughing.

Whatever you do today, do it with a sparkle.

Good morning all!

p4p1, after dipping your toes in to the match thread yesterday (quite successfully I might add), are you proposing to come back again today or would you rather stick forks in your eyes than read the rubbish posted by the second rate franchise called the Wonders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Markets day! And that means all things coffee, quaffing, football, chatting and laughing.

Sick at home with our little one today Mogs. We're both sick! But we're still sparkling ✨

What is your favourite smell at a market, mogs? The coffee? Some delicious pastry van?

How did you know we were talking about small things?
All the small things?
sexy blink 182 GIF

Good morning Moginie, also to the Wonders & those other comrades of yours.
It's a fine day here in Melbs/Naarm, cold and windy as we enter the 'Guling' Orchid Season (Aug) in Wurundjeri land.
My grandad's orchids have spiked but won't open yet for about 4 weeks, the traffic's buzzing on Lygon st, the coffee pot is on the dregs and desk driving is happening.
What are you buying this week at the Market?
How are the Chooks?
Is the 'magic pudding' washing done? Drying well? Already ready to be sorted, folded and put away?
Sparkalarkalarkingly yours,
P.

PS. Posting another Wonder tune for extra morning sparkle to dance on through the day.

All the small things?
sexy blink 182 GIF
I saw a short clip on the recording of I Miss You and them coming up with the arrangement for "voice inside my head" vocals. Of course now I'm trying to find it I can't.

But it did make me think that bands in the 90s / early 2000s did make some amazing "behind the scenes" video recordings.

Morning mogs!
Sounds like a plan!
More of the same for me today just trying to get better!

Sick at home with our little one today Mogs. We're both sick! But we're still sparkling ✨

What is your favourite smell at a market, mogs? The coffee? Some delicious pastry van?
That is an excellent question, my good friend cats2rise and I'm so glad you asked it.

The coffee place does always smell good but it has some solid competition when the two places that sell nuts start roasting them. The stall that sells roast pork rolls at the southern end always has a wonderful aroma as does the place that sells paella and the Algerian eatery. But probably it's the place I've been going to consistently for over thirty years; The Honey Shop and Soap Box. I've got to know the staff over the years and their array of essential oils is second to none in Adelaide. House of Organics gets an honourable mention.

Speedy recovery for you and your little one. All the best!

That is an excellent question, my good friend cats2rise and I'm so glad you asked it.

The coffee place does always smell good but it has some solid competition when the two places that sell nuts start roasting them. The stall that sells roast pork rolls at the southern end always has a wonderful aroma as does the place that sells paella and the Algerian eatery. But probably it's the place I've been going to consistently for over thirty years; The Honey Shop and Soap Box. I've got to know the staff over the years and their array of essential oils is second to none in Adelaide. House of Organics gets an honourable mention.

Speedy recovery for you and your little one. All the best!
Where do the prevailing winds come from? Have you found the perfect spot where all the smells converge into one?

With the cold weather I'm now wishing I was at some Christmas markets... the smell of Glühwein always gets me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back