Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : Gumbies FFC v Dragons FFC at House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Once you do two Decembers in retail or hospitality, you are DONE with Christmas. Annoying shoppers, mess, hoards of people, crazy roads, carols in October sung by the latest Idol winner....Horrendous.
I had no idea the Gumbies were such Grinches

Once you do two Decembers in retail or hospitality, you are DONE with Christmas. Annoying shoppers, mess, hoards of people, crazy roads, carols in October sung by the latest Idol winner....Horrendous.

It sounds like someone is upset that Mariah Carey is currently thawing

Random question since the topic is Christmas.

Did you/your kids give up on the Easter Bunny and Santa at about the same age or was there a gap? For example, I stopped believing in the bunny probably three to four years before Santa.

Did you/your kids give up on the Easter Bunny and Santa at about the same age or was there a gap? For example, I stopped believing in the bunny probably three to four years before Santa.
I'm so not ready for my little one to stop believing.
She has just turned 7. We'll definitely get this year.
I hoping for a couple more.
I don't remember for me.

No kids yet, I don't remember exactly when I knew about Santa and Easter Bunny but I although it was somewhat early (maybe 6 or 7), but I wanted to keep believing for a while if that makes sense, so went along with it anyway.

I'm so not ready for my little one to stop believing.
She has just turned 7. We'll definitely get this year.
I hoping for a couple more.
I don't remember for me.
My eldest is the same age but my youngest is too young to know what is going on. I hope we can hold out for next year and the older kids can get the youngest into it. It's a narrow window to get all three

giphy.gif

I can’t remember when I stopped believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny, but I also can’t really remember believing in them either as those sorts of larger than life things scared the shit out of me as a kid & I wanted nothing to do with them

As a real youngster growing up on the GC, both my parents worked at Dreamworld and so as an infant I spent a bit of time there. Dreamworld had their 2 mascots, Kenny Koala & Belinda Brown and these two oversized koala’s were things I wanted nothing to do with as they absolutely terrified me. There were different character actors who played them, including a couple of teenage boys who I knew & they knew me, plus knew I was scared of all things mascot related - this one day they offered to help look after me while mum finished work & that included taking me to the storeroom where the costumes were kept…apparently the security guards had to chase after 4yr old me running out the exit gate 😂

It’s similar with Santa, I remember my dad taking me for a photo with santa when I was 5 or 6, but I was in tears before even getting into the line - that meant no photo

So not sure if I was a skeptical kid or just didn’t want to believe in something that scared me

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : Gumbies FFC v Dragons FFC at House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back