Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me I'm low key semi retired and still putting in more effort than the admin The Filth Wizard, his erstwhile brother pantskyle and my tag team partner TheInjuryFactory

I'm not here that much at the moment, can someone tell me what's going on??

Cliff notes??

Name dropper.
What if I said Diddy?

Happy Diddy GIF by BET Awards

You and I need to have a serious discussion about what a "beer clean glass" is.....tut tut
Snap. Was about to say the same thing. Tonga Bob you need to lift your beer glass cleaning game.

Make sure you have a clean glass before we crack out Barleywine on Friday. So looking forward to that.

Snap. Was about to say the same thing. Tonga Bob you need to lift your beer glass cleaning game.

Make sure you have a clean glass before we crack out Barleywine on Friday. So looking forward to that.
I don't know you Brian but I think we're going to get along juuuuuuuust fine.

You and I need to have a serious discussion about what a "beer clean glass" is.....tut tut
Don’t judge me.

Overdue.

I don't know you Brian but I think we're going to get along juuuuuuuust fine.
Fun fact: you’ve met Brian at GABS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. We played outside until the light came on.
We didn't sit around with devices glued to our faces.

And our FREEDOM was amazing compared to the current crop... age 11 or 12, we'd ride our bikes 7 miles or so to Oak Grove Park and play disc golf or hike around the Arroyo Seco all day long.

As long as we were home by dark, no problems.

No cell phones (get into trouble, gotta walk to the pay phone), little supervision, it was paradise.

both taking no notice of anything, one in front of pram. one pushing, stopping every few metres to type in their phones, the pram and baby and lovely evening seemed like a inconvenience to them.

+1

Can't tell you how many times we've been out in a restaurant, and spotted multiple people focused solely on their phones as they clumsily consume whatever they ordered.

Hell, now a bunch of places hand you a "receipt" with a QR code where you just pay on the phone. I get it, more secure, etc. but still kinda impersonal.

Don't get me wrong, cellphones are super convenient for a lot of things, but I don't want the damned things interrupting my life. In fact, unless I want to access the network or make a call, I leave mine in airplane mode. I refuse to kowtow to the techno-leash.

Actually just thinking, I've remembered that as I thought it was a bit sad. Would have thought it would be one of the best things you could do- Go for a evening stroll, holding hands and having your new-born with you, enjoying it for what it is- 'smelling the roses' kind of thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back