Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey beereffecienados, im in Bright Brewery, supping on a MIA IPA.

That's Elton Johns Wig country. Make sure he doesn't sneak up on you.

If Elton Johns Wig comes into the Bright Brewery shouting "Dinsdale"!!!! You may never hear from us again
No longer my patch. As a matter of fact I’m in Warrnambool tonight, couldn’t be further away.

The MIA is a good beer.

Named after a former brewer (now at Brick Lane) who went paragliding and got stuck up a tree, and didn’t turn up to his shift. True story!!

No longer my patch. As a matter of fact I’m in Warrnambool tonight, couldn’t be further away.

The MIA is a good beer.

Named after a former brewer (now at Brick Lane) who went paragliding and got stuck up a tree, and didn’t turn up to his shift. True story!!
I waited for you all night

Hey mate, Gura don't know who you are but Grimace is always just around the block.

No worries, I haven't the foggiest who/what Gura are. I like anime but kinda quit paying attention after Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop.

Seems to me the Dodgers don't have to do jack extra to gain Nihonjin fans. Besides, they've plenty of their own great teams.

When I see Grimace, I think of eating questionable hamburgers. Which means he's a great mascot for any New York based team, it's a questionable place at best.

No worries, I haven't the foggiest who/what Gura are. I like anime but kinda quit paying attention after Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop.

Actually, that's not true. I probably quit paying attention after FLCL.

Tom had been in the hustle and bustle of the business world for 25 years. Finally sick of the stress he quit his job and bought 50 acres of land in Alaska as far from humanity as possible.

He sees the postman once a week and gets groceries once a month. Otherwise it's total peace and quiet.

After six months or so of almost total isolation, someone knocks on his door. He opens it and sees a huge, bearded man standing there.

"Name's Lars, your neighbor from forty miles up the road...Having a Christmas party Friday night...Thought you might like to come. About 5:00."

"Great", says Tom, "after six months out here I'm ready to meet some local folks . Thank you."

As Lars is leaving, he stops. "Gotta warn you...There's gonna be some drinkin'."

"Not a problem" says Tom. "After 25 years in business, I can drink with the best of 'em."

Again, the big man starts to leave and stops. "More n' likely gonna be some fightin' too."

"Well, I get along with people, I'll be all right. I'll be there. Thanks again."

"More'n likely be some wild sex, too." "Now that's really not a problem," says Tom, warming up to the idea. "I've been all alone for six months! I'll definitely be there. By the way, what should I wear?"

"Whatever you want. Only gonna be the two of us."

Attention Warriors here is a very important notice. As you continue to read this notice, you will notice that my very important notice isn't actually worth noticing.:laughv1:

🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A band i've only just heard of a couple of hours ago here called Future Islands.

The lead singer is a very passionate Everton fan by all accounts. We need to get him into AFL and supporting the Baggers now!:laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back