Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 14: Gumbies FFC v Coney Island Warriors at The House of Gumby [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently listened to a podcast on alternate histories... "what if the evacuation at Dunkirk failed?", "what if the Confederacy won the Civil War?", "what if the Reformation never happened?" stuff like that.

Upon opening this thread I realised that the Gumbies might have the biggest alternate history question attached to them with the result attached directly to the Coney Island Warriors...

What if the Westeros Direwolves name had stuck?
The result: Frankston Rover (the Direwolves' most vocal opposition) might still be here, fuelled only by his hatred of the Direwolves.
Really makes you think.

I recently listened to a podcast on alternate histories... "what if the evacuation at Dunkirk failed?", "what if the Confederacy won the Civil War?", "what if the Reformation never happened?" stuff like that.
The youtube history channel Alternate History Hub is good like this.

Sadly it doesn't yet cover the what if the Coney Island Warriors didn't form. Maybe soon.

Sadly it doesn't yet cover the what if the Coney Island Warriors didn't form. Maybe soon.
I can't believe no one's made a Sweet FA YouTube channel yet.

And as I stream-of-conscious think, someone should make BigFooty radio. Stream it live on YouTube in a semi-pro studio. Three hours a day of gibberish to rival SEN where BigFooty folk call up and talk shit. You could monetise the shit outta it if it was any good.

"Now we have Plugger35 on the line, I'm guessing he wants to talk about the umpiring."

I can't believe no one's made a Sweet FA YouTube channel yet.

And as I stream-of-conscious think, someone should make BigFooty radio. Stream it live on YouTube in a semi-pro studio. Three hours a day of gibberish to rival SEN where BigFooty folk call up and talk shit. You could monetise the shit outta it if it was any good.

"Now we have Plugger35 on the line, I'm guessing he wants to talk about the umpiring."
"On the line next we have Bono from Southbank, and he's got a teensy little bit to get off his chest about the Cabal 7 again..."

On a serious note beez, I did really enjoy the JWS/Loonerty era Sweet FA Podcast, thought it struck a good balance between qooty talk/analysis and breaking the 4th wall, then the Bombers/Old Boys got hold of the concept and absolutely ruined it for everyone.

On a serious note beez, I did really enjoy the JWS/Loonerty era Sweet FA Podcast, thought it struck a good balance between qooty talk/analysis and breaking the 4th wall, then the Bombers/Old Boys got hold of the concept and absolutely ruined it for everyone.
On a serious note TheInjuryFactory, I enjoyed the podcast iteration with ClarkeM. I think he deserves a lot of credit for setting it up and structuring it so it was listenable.

Since we're such a civil lot in Geelong, I was wondering if there was any Tasmanians partaking in this weeks match who may be able to confirm if this is a regular family activity on the island with no AFL team

View attachment 2150786
Was the mother conscious in the front seat or was this like Norman Bates' mother?

Upon opening this thread I realised that the Gumbies might have the biggest alternate history question attached to them with the result attached directly to the Coney Island Warriors...

What if the Westeros Direwolves name had stuck?
The result: Frankston Rover (the Direwolves' most vocal opposition) might still be here, fuelled only by his hatred of the Direwolves.
I'd have joined FR in the hatred. The dragon gifs would've reached completely unbearable levels, even worse than the current camel epidemic on Sweet.

Sadly it doesn't yet cover the what if the Coney Island Warriors didn't form.
I've got you covered -

nuclear explosion GIF

Weather Wildfire GIF by PBS Digital Studios

war glitch GIF by samer_fouad.psd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably would've had an easier time winning an EKA without BigJoeD to compete against to be honest.

Since we're such a civil lot in Geelong, I was wondering if there was any Tasmanians partaking in this weeks match who may be able to confirm if this is a regular family activity on the island with no AFL team

View attachment 2150786
This is the same state that provided us with that trout incident.

Please don't google Tasmanian Trout Incident.

S18 will span several chapters when I get around to writing my memoir.
Someone should write a book about the Sweet FA, sell it on Amazon and see how many of us suckers are willing to buy it.

It can be a coffee table book to demonstrate to our friends how much of a weirdo we are.

PS. I would buy your memoir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 14: Gumbies FFC v Coney Island Warriors at The House of Gumby [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back