Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Ophidian Old Boys v East Side Hawks at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I WILL ESCAPE

Run Running GIF by Pokémon
I think this is a Pokemon Stadium 2 minigame.

Will we predict the winner of the Blues and Pies game? I'll go with the Blues by at least ten points. Top four is still there for Carlton if the players want it enough.

I just think we should hopefully be primed for this one. A defeat for the Pies should finish off their finals hopes as well.

Oh jesus.

If there was ever one Yank that should have been drowned at birth...

I liked Paul Reubens, and Pee Wee's Playhouse was an absolute blast during my hungover 80s Saturday mornings.

I always guessed that our Braklet would love him a good tartlet!

I like to give them a really good lick all over, then slowly suck them down...

(resisting the urge to link to Dream Of The Fisherman's Wife...)

I have a little story to tell here from back in the days, when the GAA hurling championship was under the old instant knockout format.

I think it's a story that perfectly illustrates the quick witted banter that Cork folk are famous for.

But anyway Cork were hurling Limerick off the field to tell you the truth, but Limerick scored two late goals to trim down our lead down a bit.

There was this Limerick fan who was still holding out hope for a comeback! After Limerick got that second goal he says to the Cork fan sitting beside him, come here to me how long have we got left?

Ye have twelve months came the reply from the Cork person.:laughv1: Question asked and question answered, the Cork fan was only informing him that Limerick's next championship game wouldn't be until the following year!:laughv1:

Ye have twelve months came the reply from the Cork person.:laughv1: Question asked and question answered, the Cork fan was only informing him that Limerick's next championship game wouldn't be until the following year!:laughv1:

I'm just thinking of Irish gents duking it out...
There's no trouble at hurling or gaelic footy games mate. The fact that a Cork and Limerick fan were sitting next to each other is proof of that.

If it was Manchester United v Liverpool in England, well that would be another story entirely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just thinking of Irish gents duking it out...
Oh like this sort of thing then! For gods sake people turn on the subtitles here!:laughv1:

I couldn't understand a word in either video! :joycat:
I did tell you to turn on the subtitles!:laughv1: The CC option should be there to turn on the subs.

The gypsies are kind of our version of your hicks.:laughv1:

This was a video someone made of them working the graveyard shift at a service station somewhere in the UK.

This was after 4 am as well. Normally things aren't so relaxing. That work colleague he doesn't like wasn't there that night!

Working in customer service can be difficult enough at times, without dealing with managers or other workers you don't get along with.

The OOB LG got together this afternoon to discuss Mrs Turbo's pins our opening match of the season and which Hawks we need to lock up down.

First a couple of observations. Whilst Braklet looks right at home in the hot tub why da faq is Wiz wearing a helmet?

Second is that Colonel Sanders looking after us?

Lets take a closer look at the week so far.

The Dirty Half Dozen
DemurePrincess kenneyswarriors Over The Post Irish BlueBagger U2tigers and myblueroan have shown this week they're ready to get down and dirty on Sunday. When I asked kenney for a quote he said "we have all the tools to get it done." Meanwhile Posty stole my toasted ham and cheese sanger and gave me the bird.

Hawkish
The LG are liking the work of some our oppo. SM Tarkyn_24 Strigoi Callums_Guns eth-dog and Itsmyshow have been good value. However when I asked CG for a quote all he did was say something incoherent about Bono and walk off in a huff.

Match Ups to Watch
BRAB vs Biggie - BRAB is a Fred medalist and a genuine star. Biggie must be fair dinkum shitting his pants.

Harvey Manfrenjensenden vs Tarkyn_24 - Harvey is a savvy qootier. He'll pinch, punch and blow in Tarks ear. Whatever it takes to distract Tarks from kicking goals.

U2tigers vs Strigoi - I've never seen Bono so up and about. This could get ugly for the whole of Sweet by the time he's finished with strigs.

thewizardmelon vs por_please_ya - wiz has conjured a hack to trap evie.

King Tenz vs Riviat - Tenzy will send Riv in a state of discord.

FreoGirl vs Callums_Guns - imagine having your pants pulled down by a rookie.

Over The Post vs TY24 - Posty is the perfect size and pace to be an elite rover. Word has it TY24 has been disciplined behind closed doors after admitting his favourite vegan restaurant is McDonalds.

Player to Watch
Wickzki to come of the bench and have a big impact.

Bold Prediction
philreich to post our game and be so impressed he'll be an OOB next season.

My por_please_ya trap

IMG_7622.jpeg

I clearly did and I apologise, just from you mentioning that your feelings can't be hurt, your feelings are hurt.

As for where the Hawks ended up, where we do every year, in the unimaginable bliss of being who we are.

This Is Epic Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Ah yes, it’s just about the friends we make along the way, hey?

Unless of course you’re the reigning premiers! 🤔😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Ophidian Old Boys v East Side Hawks at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back