Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Coney Island Warriors v Dragons FFC @ Van Cortland Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

SweetFA.png

SEASON 38 ROUND 6 - CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS V DRAGONS FFC @VAN CORTLAND PARK [MOTR]

Oh my god! I'm doing the Match Threads for this week. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Why did I agree to this? It certainly doesn't feel like something I would do. Really, I should be banned from doing stuff like this. Chief should really install a pop-up that asks "Are you sure, bruv?" whenever I volunteer to do any extracurricular duties. It would be much safer that way. We really don't want important stuff like this falling into my hands. What kind of ridiculous league are you running here The Filth Wizard ??

I don't know anything about these teams.

The Warriors versus the Dragons? What is this, some kind of cheap House of the Dragon knockoff? Won't anyone come up with any new ideas in Hollywood anymore. I can't believe we had a writers strike for this crap!

But if I check the ladder (thank Buddha for Falconista ) it appears the Warriors (3-2) are sitting in 4th place after beating the Wonders and the Dragons (2-2) are in 10th after a disappointing loss to the Swamprats. Useful, factual information! See, now we're rolling.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

For the Warriors, The Filth, as he is referred to on Sweet FA+, kicked an inaccurate 3.5 last week, and will be hoping to tidy that up this week.

brian_muz (my favourite of the great muz's) had 19 disposals and 2.2 and will be trying to maintain that form. Go brian.

For the Dragons, Bonz kicked a respectable 4.3 last week, but will be hoping for a bag this week if the Dragons are to get a win and move up the goal kicking ladder.

Drizzy (damn it, why didn't I pick one of those cool Gen Z rapper usernames grr) scored an even 100 DT points off the back of 26 disposals and 2.1.

Also, Chief scored -1DT points. Wow, what a loser. (Goodbye everyone)

Did you know?:

• The Dragons have established a recent dominance over the Coney Island Warriors. In their past 20 matches, the Dragons have won 17, with there being one draw.
(Stolen from falconista again)

I'm never doing this ever again.

Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday

Last edited:
Did you know?:
  • The Dragons have established a recent dominance over the Coney Island Warriors. In their past 20 matches, the Dragons have won 17, with there being one draw.
I feel like both teams are very aware of this.

Howdy Dragons and welcome to Van Cortland Park for the week.
Off to a great start with no one able to spell our home ground's name correctly.

Good morning everyone on this somewhat foggy Friday5.

Dragons I have to tell you we are playing Dragon Bingo this week, so you either have to do your usual shtick for a quick win, or be highly original so no one wins.

View attachment 2093073

SEASON 38 ROUND 6 - CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS V DRAGONS FFC @VAN CORTLAND PARK [MOTR]

Oh my god! I'm doing the Match Threads for this week. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Why did I agree to this? It certainly doesn't feel like something I would do. Really, I should be banned from doing stuff like this. Chief should really install a pop-up that asks "Are you sure, bruv?" whenever I volunteer to do any extracurricular duties. It would be much safer that way. We really don't want important stuff like this falling into my hands. What kind of ridiculous league are you running here The Filth Wizard ??

The Warriors versus the Dragons? What is this, some kind of cheap House of the Dragon knockoff? Won't anyone come up with any new ideas in Hollywood anymore. I can't believe we had a writers strike for this crap!

But if I check the ladder (thank Buddha for Falconista ) it appears the Warriors (3-2) are sitting in 4th place after beating the Wonders and the Dragons (2-2) are in 10th after a disappointing loss to the Swamprats. Useful, factual information! See, now we're rolling.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

For the Warriors, The Filth, as he is referred to on Sweet FA+, kicked an inaccurate 3.5 last week, and will be hoping to tidy that up this week.

brian_muz (my favourite of the great muz's) had 19 disposals and 2.2 and will be trying to maintain that form. Go brian.

For the Dragons, Bonz kicked a respectable 4.3 last week, but will be hoping for a bag this week if the Dragons are to get a win and move up the goal kicking ladder.

Drizzy (damn it, why didn't I pick one of those cool Gen Z rapper usernames grr) scored an even 100 DT points off the back of 26 disposals and 2.1.

Did you know?:

Chief coming for you now.

banned ban GIF

Good morning everyone on this somewhat foggy Friday5.

Dragons I have to tell you we are playing Dragon Bingo this week, so you either have to do your usual shtick for a quick win, or be highly original so no one wins.

THATS IT

NO CAT GIFS FOR YOU!

I feel like both teams are very aware of this.

Off to a great start with no one able to spell our home ground's name correctly.

I think you have a great chance this week.

No serial_thrilla who has led a strong anti-warriors agenda in recent times.

As we won't be treating this game like a grand final, and have a MIA captain in Greenery I think you're fine.

First!
Hah, you snooze you lose.
Lovely work Footypie32 :thumbsu:

Howdy Dragons and welcome to Van Cortland Park for the week.

Oh and Howdy Warriors!

Looking forward to a week of banter, whisky talk and dissing our captain.

I think you have a great chance this week.

No serial_thrilla who has led a strong anti-warriors agenda in recent times.

As we won't be treating this game like a grand final, and have a MIA captain in Greenery I think you're fine.
How Dare You Greta GIF

The Warriors are my friends!

Match of the Round? The heck is this sorcery? We're never anything of the round, let alone match.

Hate Falconista when was the last time we were burdened with this sort of buffoonery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2093073

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Did you know?:

I vote that you do every match thread OP for the next four (4) seasons.

Match of the Round? The heck is this sorcery? We're never anything of the round, let alone match.

Hate Falconista when was the last time we were burdened with this sort of buffoonery?
They meant Match Of The Reaming, probably.

I'm sure that statement won't backfire on me at all.

That's okay, I actually read it as Caravan Park anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Coney Island Warriors v Dragons FFC @ Van Cortland Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back