Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought this Dawn mitre/framing vice a month or so ago, cause why not/only one I've seen/ It's a Dawn.

View attachment 2103379

Sidchrome had bought Dawn and Joplin vices in 1973, Joplin were making the framing /mitre vice for a while.

View attachment 2103380

In 1977 Joplin was wound up and in 1978 Dawn started making a mitre/framing vice - wonder where they got the inspiration ?
View attachment 2103381

The Joplin arrived yesterday, don't really need it but it's also only one I've seen, LOL just bought it for the shared history, easy to show the linage with them both. And can't really see me using or needing them - I just be preserving some Aussie manufacturing history.

You people can probably understand why I have my own thread now - I be Nuts.:cool:
This sort of vice I have used in the past in making up canvas stretchers.
I'm a total fan of tracking histories via objects, across a lot of areas and particularly Australiana & unique Australian design solutions, which are under appreciated.
When travelling I love going to the most obscure single interest museums possible. Eg. The funeral museum in a basement in the back blocks of Madrid's suburbs. I'm yet to meet anyone else who's seen it.
I don't think it's nuts at all Kenny, it's all interesting and it's always interesting learning about it.

Pamcake1

Does anyone actually still have a working Sony Walkman?

Just dug out my D-FJ65 model and shoulder case.

Looks to be in working condition, but might need to clean up one of the battery connection points as I was silly enough to leave the batteries in it many years ago, but hardly any leakage considering how long those ell cheapo batteries had been in it.

I reckon it might be even older than some of the Old Boys.

View attachment 2103387
Yes of course, I have the original 1st issue which is now worth a motzza but is part of an interactive artpiece in the archives and Show and Tell; I have this Deluxe version bought in 1988 which I actually revived last month to listen to a cassette that I couldn't be bothered going down to the car to listen to. As you can see it even has a clock with an alarm.
IMG_9375.jpeg

Plenty of Baggers up in Brisbane i hear. Go and make a ferocious noise at the Gabba.

Hopefully the boys do the business later on. With a bit of luck they will Go Blues!

lNlUkZGP.jpg

I'll be fine opening with you, as long we don't face too many new balls.

Being an Old Boy, you should face the new balls, to wear them in, before I face them too.

And if they deploy any sneaky underarm's like there infamous alto egos (the Chappelle bros), I'll be ready for them with deployment of my extra strong Rexona.

Season 6 Bip GIF by Bachelor in Paradise
I've been drafted as a wicket keeper mate but since I'm better than Adam Gilchrist i can open no problems.

I know that you touch yourself at the thought of doing just that, but please, be realistic.
BFew has stated he doesn't like facing new balls, as he is into old balls Spotswood is the place to see them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked for the banner to be flying from the plane. It didn't quite come off but anyway.

458515771_1677469839461699_292718878696339974_n.jpg

Hopefully some divine intervention will get the Blues over the line.

458458597_1677468636128486_1279930369871482563_n.jpg

With all that out of the way it will then be time to settle down and watch the game.

458325126_1677468839461799_7194073280027934465_n.jpg

Will the camels be celebrating later on? We shall find out in a couple of hours!

I asked for the banner to be flying from the plane. It didn't quite come off but anyway.

458515771_1677469839461699_292718878696339974_n.jpg

Hopefully some divine intervention will get the Blues over the line.

458458597_1677468636128486_1279930369871482563_n.jpg

With all that out of the way it will then be time to settle down and watch the game.

458325126_1677468839461799_7194073280027934465_n.jpg

Will the camels be celebrating later on? We shall find out in a couple of hours!
Excellent point, wait one.

Does anyone actually still have a working Sony Walkman?

I bet I still have my even older Sony Walkman CD player sitting in my computer bookcase.

Now I'm wondering if I still have my JVC cassette "walkman," that thing was badass as it was also a cassette recorder. I used the shit out of it in college to record interviews for psychology papers and whatnot.

(If asked, I DID NOT EVER record live concerts with it! Well, not GOOD recordings, anyway.)

It wasn’t very ladylike to ride a bike with a skirt on… 🤷🏼‍♀️

That was the whole point of the "step in" bike frame design... to ride with skirts semi-demurely (SWIDT?)

The 1978 song that made the Pina Colada famous, and got some dogs in here a bit too excited.

"I hurried back to the swimming pool
Sinkin' pina colada
I heard a dark voice beside me say
"Would you like something harder?""

I think of ESCAPE when I think the Pina Colada song

That was the whole point of the "step in" bike frame design... to ride with skirts semi-demurely (SWIDT?)
The whole point of Lycra is so you don’t lose the seat!!!

Who ever invented it we hate but ****ing hell…. It does the job 👍🏻

Can you still recite some scripture ?
I was too busy sliding up the pews to read the damn scriptures plus they had the stations of the cross on the wall so I was absolutely fascinated at how life like Jesus ****ing looked with blood streaming down his face! I can still picture him the poor git 🤦‍♀️

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back