AFL Autopsy Season done, thanks Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

awkward big gulps GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're the most frustrating team to watch in the competition.
Need to get it out of d50? Watch the players lose all executive function at the sight of a forward press or man on man.
Try for a link up play in the corridor? Best we can do is a missed handball to space then a rushed kick after winning a 50/50 ball or lose that and it slingshots back for an easy oppo goal.
We've had it locked in our forward half for 10 minutes - time for a mark in f50? Nope.
Actually get a set shot (15% chance)? It gets sprayed.

First half good. Second half bad.

Overall we need to be able to arrest momentum. Lock down the stoppage. Take the sting out of the momentum. Repeat stoppages.

Season isn't done! We just need to beat Brisvegas, and have Carlton injure themselves to forfeit, Bulldogs to Bulldog and Richmond and Norf to somehow be replaced by Brisbane for their games against Hawthorn. Then we fall into 8th.

Just embarrassing. We were meant to play if our lives depended on it. Need a key forward who can mark. Need defenders who can defend. We are miles away. We have gone nowhere this year and still years away from being any good.

The only positive to come from today is that with Dodo gone, we actually have a chance at eventually building an actually competitive AFL list.

We are genuinely about 6-7 years off that right now though, it's gonna take years to get rid of all the duds he's drafted and all the ****ed contracts he's given out.

On a related subject, is McGrath the worst VC in the competition? I watched him closely at the ground and while his disposal was predictably shit, what really stood out was how many times he was out of position and jogging.

If "lead by example" was a trait I'd look for in a vice captain, I would take a literal bag of shit over him because at least it might stick to a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Season done, thanks Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back