Official Match Thread Second Semi Final: Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

1 : .3 {C} - But the kick goes straight to Riviat.
1 : .34 {lW} - Falconista with all the time in the world.
1 : .38 - <<< miggs is coming on to replace Ned_Flanders >>>
1 : .47 {lW} - Falconista looking for a lead.
Ned_Flanders doing the smart thing and getting someone else to cover me early.
Mooch finally finds number 7. I wonder if he'd ever do anything if he didn't have me nagging him.
I think we both know the answer to that.
philreich wait!
I gotta take the cake out of the oven.
Is that a euphemism?
So the Gumbies trail by 20 points with 1 quarter to play. Is this the end of the road for them, or will the Roys choke for once in an important final?
I thought I knew the answer to that but bizarrely I was wrong.
What just happened?
I know. I'm scared too. Told you I felt this was a seven kind of day though!

Also thanks to philreich who picked a fairly appropriate mid-point between running through the commentary 2 posts per quarter and dragging it out over Leigh. I mean, overly.

And for keeping the bad jokes within some kind of limitation.

Thanks CrimsonViolet for bringing us the match thread, or giving the commentary box a quick dust and vacuum before Phil arrived, and then standing out front of Gumby Gardens handing out how-to-barrack leaflets in the icy cold as the panda breath rolled down from the nearby hills.

Thanks to NaturalDisaster and Kennedy Parker for ensuring we have a competition in which this match was able to take place, to Chief for kind of similar but in a different dimension, and thanks to whoever invented the internet, computers, language, sports, societal evolution and the three types of stars.

(Roys FFC forwards, Roys FFC defenders and Roys FFC onballers)
it was a pleasure, Gumbies going out in straight sets was inevitable and I was just lucky to witness it.

There's a lot of better reasons to win than for me. If you keep winning everything for me, what are you gonna win for next season?
We'll do it for the purpose of pissing you off. We'll be posting in your thread like Jim Bowen every week.

look-at-what-you-could-have-won-win.gif

Unlucky Gumbies. It's a crap way to end a really good season but somebody had to do it. Excellent work Roys. I can't believe we've got another week out of this season. Does not compute.

Also thanks to philreich who picked a fairly appropriate mid-point between running through the commentary 2 posts per quarter and dragging it out over Leigh. I mean, overly.

And for keeping the bad jokes within some kind of limitation.

Thanks CrimsonViolet for bringing us the match thread, or giving the commentary box a quick dust and vacuum before Phil arrived, and then standing out front of Gumby Gardens handing out how-to-barrack leaflets in the icy cold as the panda breath rolled down from the nearby hills.

Thanks to NaturalDisaster and Kennedy Parker for ensuring we have a competition in which this match was able to take place, to Chief for kind of similar but in a different dimension, and thanks to whoever invented the internet, computers, language, sports, societal evolution and the three types of stars.

(Roys FFC forwards, Roys FFC defenders and Roys FFC onballers)
1655020499286.jpeg

it was a pleasure, Gumbies going out in straight sets was inevitable and I was just lucky to witness it.
Aww the Gumbies are orright. I woudn't rag on 'em too much, they've been starved for success a lot and they keep showing up despite going through some hard times. Just 'cause you're both north-east suburbs doesn't mean you should have to hate on each other too much. Gumbies already have the Panda situation anyway - they have enough to worry about it.

I'd get more in the Phoenix's face 'cause they literally gave up Tiger Island with full intent yonks ago, then came back and retook it a few seasons back. The Eyrie is literally (ok figuratively, creatively and fictionally) Punt's own Crimea.

The best part about the north-east is that the Royals also play there yet nobody remembers this, or them.

Aww the Gumbies are orright. I woudn't rag on 'em too much, they've been starved for success a lot and they keep showing up despite going through some hard times. Just 'cause you're both north-east suburbs doesn't mean you should have to hate on each other too much. Gumbies already have the Panda situation anyway - they have enough to worry about it.

I'd get more in the Phoenix's face 'cause they literally gave up Tiger Island with full intent yonks ago, then came back and retook it a few seasons back. The Eyrie is literally (ok figuratively, creatively and fictionally) Punt's own Crimea.

The best part about the north-east is that the Royals also play there yet nobody remembers this, or them.
The Phoenix are pretty starved themselves but they lack the aura of impending doom that the Gumbies have.

Royals like to pop up every few seasons to remind the league of their existence, but seem ready for an even quieter period.

What does that make me? 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
What a game, what a season. At least O wasn't on Barrybran's way today. Was I even playing?
You did everything you were told- to get the f.. out of Baz's way. You get full votes in the B&F.

Hard loss Gumbies but thanks for having me this season (and hopefully beyond..).

Congrats Roys. You have great match threads and are threatening the qooty fairytale. May you be Western Bulldogs 2016 and not Melbourne 2018. I am now firmly onboard the bandwagon- go win the whole thing!

I've enjoyed this week but the result certainly blows having been here several times before
Bad luck Baz, I don’t think any of us are happy to turf you guys but the sim is relentlessly cruel as you know 😑
Despite the fact that I don't like any of you right now I am all aboard the Roys train as of tomorrow. Choo choo! But for the moment, duck you all.
Lore Baz needs to be ducked up

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Second Semi Final: Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back