Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play the dogs next week does Lake have a matchup?
Hartung to come in for his speed/run, Duryea to start. Schoey for Gunston if injured, he was doing really well up fwd and still think its bullshit that he was dropped to experiment with Frawley up there. If not Schoey it will have to be Sicily, cant persist with Frawley fwd.

Would love Suckling to come out but it won't happen, so best to hope for is he gets moved to sub.
Can't see many changes being made, maybe 1-2 depending on injuries

Well it's only taken the rest of the comp about 4 years but looks like Clarko's game plan has finally been cracked! - but off course the opposition team need to have quality players to pull it off!

Not a total surprise that both Simpson & Hardwick were former pupils... Let's just hope we avoid Luke Beveridge next week!!

Yet the ultimate football genius has not.

Splitting hairs, but I thought we played in the 2nd Qualifying final tonight so doesn't that mean we play next Saturday night on the 19th.

We are far to slow once the ball hits the deck I would be duprised if we win next week , you can tell half the team is sore as well . We have been spoilt the last few years think that we need to accept that a fall from grace is expected.

If I was coach my outs would be suckling just offers nothing anymore , lake good in the air but liability once ball hits deck , hale , hill out of form and is weak as piss and
gunston clearly injured.

Ins : Anderson , hartung, ceglar , spangher, simpkin

We are far to slow once the ball hits the deck I would be duprised if we win next week , you can tell half the team is sore as well . We have been spoilt the last few years think that we need to accept that a fall from grace is expected.

If I was coach my outs would be suckling just offers nothing anymore , lake good in the air but liability once ball hits deck , hale , hill out of form and is weak as piss and
gunston clearly injured.

Ins : Anderson , hartung, ceglar , spangher, simpkin
Howe for simpkin and we are all good.

This thread makes me sad - means we lost
Gunston - out

In: anyone interested in playing for a grand final spot

Should be lots of mirrors around the club this week - that way they can be taking a long hard look at themselves and each other

Defence has looked shaky for weeks and tonight, Geelong and Sydney were on display - finger pointing everywhere. We had the most productive forward line in the comp and yet tonight our defenders were playing forward and our best forward got injured in defence. This needs to be rectified in a week.

Based on tonight's performance - it's not going to matter

It would also be appreciated if we could leave the arrogance at the door in this thread. It just keeps back firing

I love Lakey but it seems like the decision will be made for him, he or Chip for the rest of the finals imo. Spangher MuST come in! Lot more mobile and I love his kamikaze style.

Out: Lake, Suckling, Hale, Gunston, Isaac.
In: Hartung, spangher, Cegs, Schoey, Howe.

Let's not be so predictable, throw something different with fresh legs.

I don't know what difference it makes but Suckling is currently on 99 games for the club.
If the way he plays football is any indication we needn't worry.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand all the hatred towards Suckers - I thought he executed the 'bomb it long to absolutely no one' game plan with perfection myself.
:rolleyes:

Suckling was brilliant a few years back when he could kick over those zones that were set-up. Clarko could employ him in a very tactical role and it gave us a real weapon. But like all things, footy has evolved.

Suckling was brilliant a few years back when he could kick over those zones that were set-up. Clarko could employ him in a very tactical role and it gave us a real weapon. But like all things, footy has evolved.

Parkin said this evening that the only job he has is to do the kick in because he certainly can't do anything else.

It's a pretty scathing assessment from someone who I think is pretty well respected in the footy community. He also thinks Lake should no longer be playing - the thing is, do they have anyone at box hill who can step up next season

Last edited:
Parkin said this evening that the only job he has it to kick in because he certainly can't do anything else.

It's a pretty scathing assessment from someone who I think is pretty well respected in the footy community. He also thinks Lake should no longer be playing - the thing is, do they have anyone at box hill who can step up next season
Spangher!!!!

Out: Suckling, Frawley, Gunston, McEvoy

Lucky to keep spot - Hill, Breust, Langford, Roughead, Smith

In: Litherland, Spangher, Hartung, Ceglar

Stop rewarding mediocrity Clark ffs.

That was also before Suckling did his ACL, he was a bit quicker then. Not to mention teams hadn't wised up to him yet.

I really don't get all the Suckling hate. Yes he plays like a pansy but every team has a couple of those types, we should be able to carry him if every other player goes when its' his turn.
Suckling is there to scare the crap out of opposition defenses of leaving him open which then creates more space for Birchall, Mitchell, Hodge & Burgoyne across half back. Take him out and he gets replaced with someone like Litherland, who oppositions won't respect - which means less time & space when the players we do want bringing the ball out of the backline have it.

That said if Suckling had a right foot he'd be a lot more valuable.

Are we watching a different team because based on our performance over the last few weeks - I'm surprised you believe that
I don't rate Freo.

They missed their chance in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back