State of Origin Series XIX Round 2 - South Australia vs West Australia at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Dettol, hand sanitiser and mask companies did pretty well.
I ingested so much sanitiser during the pandemic, that it got to the stage where, whenever I peed into the toilet bowl, it actually cleaned the toilet :).

Dettol, hand sanitiser and mask companies did pretty well.
Jerry Harvey boasted about the profits Harvey Norman made over the pandemic too…

All those lucky people “working” from home with multiple screens running “in the background”

Meanwhile, some of us went in to work everyday of the pandemic and faced ungrateful racist families and staff as a result

Needless to say I often pretend my year in Vic Country never happened. Beating them of all teams on the weekend was extra sweet

Out of all of those I only know Haighs, and surely bratwurst is German?
You are English, remember? You aren't expected to know these things :p

Also, a lot of our population was settled by Germans, including my own family history. And dogs105. Distant cousin 😊

You are English, remember? You aren't expected to know these things :p

Also, a lot of our population was settled by Germans, including my own family history. And dogs105. Distant cousin 😊

I just remember enjoying some Haigh’s in England 😊

I'm not so sure. Do you reckon that guy will be able to fill out the voting slip correctly?

Actually, he doesn't need to. I have been advised by one of my US workmates that the vote counters are given the flexibility to determine the intent of the voter even if they incorrectly complete their vote.
I can't see the point in voting - the government always wins anyway........

I just remember enjoying some Haigh’s in England 😊
Funnily enough there’s just as many Haighs stores in Melbourne CBD (3) as there are Adelaide CBD (1)
And there’s even one in Hawthorn ;)

Still, I hope you were wearing the Bears socks whilst enjoying Haighs in London

Funnily enough there’s just as many Haighs stores in Melbourne CBD (3) as there are Adelaide CBD (1)
And there’s even one in Hawthorn ;)

Still, I hope you were wearing the Bears socks whilst enjoying Haighs in London

Which I lived near but never went to 😊

Sadly not, the socks came years after I finished the Haighs. Still have the tin though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but nobody really lives in Sydney do they?

Thankfully my mother in law does......
She and whoever else lives there is doing well to afford it

Melbourne is nearly as bad but I could’ve made it work if I wanted to badly enough

Sydney would be out of reach though

My cousin and her partner are both dentists and yet it was eye opening to see what a $2m home in a middling suburb (at the time they bought it in June 2020 so height of the pandemic and therefore probably worth a lot more now) looks like - nothing wrong with it but also nothing special

Last edited:
She and whoever else lives there is doing well to afford it

Melbourne is nearly as bad but I could’ve made it work if I wanted to badly enough

Sydney would be out of reach though

My cousin and her partner are both dentists and yet it was eye opening to see what a $2m home in a middling suburb (at the time they bought it in June 2020 so height of the pandemic and therefore probably worth a lot more now) looks like - nothing wrong with it but also nothing special
The in laws are retired, and paid their house off years ago. But how the hell young couples start wedded bliss in Sydney these days - who knows? How exactly does one save $200k for a deposit, while weekly rentals are pushing up towards $1000 per week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back