SFL 2010 Div 1 Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I cant see where I potted anyone, at the time I believed from my information thats what the market would have been for players like that on 3 or 4 players, for all we know that could of got half or double. I was answering a response from the cheltenham professor and it was referring to 2009, nothing to do with this year.

I mean the post was in October 2009!!!!!!!

Also, I think I answered about 20 questions on the post ,trying to get some sense on the forum.

Actually it was quite funny reading some of the rubbish people right on here whilst I was trying to find my earth shattering post , some of the lies & rumors written were amazing !!!!!!!

I cant see where I potted anyone, at the time I believed from my information thats what the market would have been for players like that on 3 or 4 players, for all we know that could of got half or double. I was answering a response from the cheltenham professor and it was referring to 2009, nothing to do with this year.

Also, I think I answered about 20 questions on the post ,trying to get some sense on the forum.

Actually it was quite funny reading some of the rubbish people right on here whilst I was trying to find my earth shattering post , some of the lies & rumors written were amazing !!!!!!!

Nah I didn't say you potted anyone, but I think that's what was being referred to where you had a stab at what players were worth.

Yeah it is interesting going back and seeing what rumours have been put up and looking at how they eventuated. Probably a 5% strike rate I reckon!

Nah I didn't say you potted anyone, but I think that's what was being referred to where you had a stab at what players were worth.

Yeah it is interesting going back and seeing what rumours have been put up and looking at how they eventuated. Probably a 5% strike rate I reckon!

Fair enough , we will see what happens over the next 8 weeks could be interesting????

You are part of this Forum so you must be part of the lies and rumours.
I would suggest you stick to poaching players as you seem to be good at that... Lets see what you will offer for next year now that Richard wont be around!!! :D Maybe one of those famous city burgers your mate Sammy eats????

You are part of this Forum so you must be part of the lies and rumours.
I would suggest you stick to poaching players as you seem to be good at that... Lets see what you will offer for next year now that Richard wont be around!!! :D Maybe one of those famous city burgers your mate Sammy eats????

Id say we recruit pretty well as a club, seeing weve made it to 6 grand finals in 9 years, and with a bit of luck maybe 7 in 10, must be the hamburgers!!!!!!!!!

Also we will worry about next year in about 10 weeks, lot of work still to do this year!

Id say we recruit pretty well as a club, seeing weve made it to 6 grand finals in 9 years, and with a bit of luck maybe 7 in 10, must be the hamburgers!!!!!!!!!

Also we will worry about next year in about 10 weeks, lot of work still to do this year!

As much as I hate those try hards and hangers on at city I must admit the "City Burger" is the best in the league. The old darl behind the barbie does a terrific job down there. She seems to be the only one with brains behind the operation!

As much as I hate those try hards and hangers on at city I must admit the "City Burger" is the best in the league. The old darl behind the barbie does a terrific job down there. She seems to be the only one with brains behind the operation!

Yes its people like her that make local footy fun!!! :thumbsu:

Very proud of the The Bloods demolition job of Heatherton. The beat I've seen the club look in a long time(remembering heatherton sat in 6th position last week). I can't say I've seen the boys put away a middle of the road side like that EVER.

Superfreak - Chin up knackers, only a few weeks left of misery. Hopefully those scared, cowardly rats put in a better performance next year. The decline of your club is something similar to that of Claytons in the last few years... If you are involved down there make some moves at the seasons end or else you will find yourself driving out to locations such as Lyndale and Skye to watch your club.

This weeks match between Chelsea and City looms as the biggest game in a long time. Will city be at full strength? They never seem to have their best 22 out there judging by the team sheets....

The winner of this can come into the finals with some real confidence. I thinks Chelsea's depth has improved again this year- some real quality playing reserves down there. City's top shelf of players is second to none but the team isn't very even.

What sort of crowd should we expect there? I will be attending and taking notes as these sides will be the ones to beat in a couple weeks time.

I tip the Chelsea in a close one - 15points. Tight till the last quarter but fitness and structures will see them take the 4 points.

fantastic $$$$s pays the mortgage plus i become a big fish in a little pond:D

So you get paid to play Div 3??
Then you say you wouldn't kick to paid players! Have you found the ball finds you less often as you are on the bankroll?

Please fill us in...

Having played each of this years finalists twice, I thought I would rank them on what I have seen over the season. Might give a good insight into how the finals play out.

1. St Kilda City
Their performance in Round 3 was as close to footballing perfection as you will see a local level. The ball barely hit the ground. At the Peanut Farm they had a very different (less experienced team), but their class players (Farrelly, Quinn, Poyas and Carroll) did all the damage.

2. St Pauls
Round 2, they smacked us at home when we had a full side. They had a few Sandy tops that day but they were very impressive. Second time around they had alot of kids in the team and still won comfortably.

3. Chelsea Hts
They got out of jail on an off day in Round 5 at Chelt thanks to Fitcher's three last quarters goals from the carpark (they were quality!). At Beazley they steamrolled us in the second quarter even though Smith didn't play. We match up well against them so maybe I judge them a bit harshly. From their results against the other top 5 sides, they are the team to beat.

4. Mordialloc
Hmmm. On paper an just an average side, but they play for each other and Martello is getting the very best out of them. Long is a massive key. Why does everyone keep kicking it down his throat!? They jumped us in Round 1 and we were ordinary and but the second time round we simply couldn't get the ball and keep it.

5. East Brighton
Hard to judge as we were so poor against them both times. At Hurlingham they defended stoutly when we had a strong wind and scored on the break. At Chelt they were poor, we were slightly worse! Two goals down with two mins remaining and they stole it. Douthie is a big key but lack the key forwards to worry the top three.

Having played each of this years finalists twice, I thought I would rank them on what I have seen over the season. Might give a good insight into how the finals play out.

1. St Kilda City
Their performance in Round 3 was as close to footballing perfection as you will see a local level. The ball barely hit the ground. At the Peanut Farm they had a very different (less experienced team), but their class players (Farrelly, Quinn, Poyas and Carroll) did all the damage.

2. St Pauls
Round 2, they smacked us at home when we had a full side. They had a few Sandy tops that day but they were very impressive. Second time around they had alot of kids in the team and still won comfortably.

3. Chelsea Hts
They got out of jail on an off day in Round 5 at Chelt thanks to Fitcher's three last quarters goals from the carpark (they were quality!). At Beazley they steamrolled us in the second quarter even though Smith didn't play. We match up well against them so maybe I judge them a bit harshly. From their results against the other top 5 sides, they are the team to beat.

4. Mordialloc
Hmmm. On paper an just an average side, but they play for each other and Martello is getting the very best out of them. Long is a massive key. Why does everyone keep kicking it down his throat!? They jumped us in Round 1 and we were ordinary and but the second time round we simply couldn't get the ball and keep it.

5. East Brighton
Hard to judge as we were so poor against them both times. At Hurlingham they defended stoutly when we had a strong wind and scored on the break. At Chelt they were poor, we were slightly worse! Two goals down with two mins remaining and they stole it. Douthie is a big key but lack the key forwards to worry the top three.

Fair assessment Superfreak. I agree with you regarding Long. The man is having a top year. Oppositions seem to pass it to him. He has an uncanny sense of reading the play and is a sure mark for his size. Opposition sides have tried to stem his effect but all attempts have been in vain to this stage. A class act all the way.

How'd longy go today Maradona? TM got the better of you guys, bit of a suprise! did you have many out? Good to see Heights over the Saints for the second time this season.. Doesn't mean much if we can't do it in September though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down and had a look at the Heights v City game on the weekend. Two very good sides. Unfortunately the ground was not in the best condition and seemed very heavy and thick for the boys.

I believe the difference between the two sides is the general style of football they play. The Heighters are very well drilled and seem to know what everyone in their team is doing, and each indiviual job of each player is. They are very tight and strong in defence, and when they get control of the footy they switch and spread very quickly. Hard runners like Flack, Roberts, Ogier, Uren and Gilder were very good. Very impressed with Gilder. And they get the footy in the hands of the blokes who use it very well, which gave their forward line plenty of oppurtunities. Forward line was dynamic, and Norton did a great job.

City, although it was a fair margin, i dont think are that far away. Just dont seem to have as much flow and structure as the Heights. I did not realise how important Bruno was for them. In saying that, they still have some gun players running around, and can beat any team on their day. Just need to inject more pace in their midfield. Maybe rotate a few of the younger boys thorugh their ie. Bruin, McPhee. But any side with Poyas, Jacobs, Quinn, Brannan, Arvanitis, Tasiyan etc in the line up are going to be around the mark comeSseptember. Just need some more pace on the big grounds!!

What was impressive though, was the Heights won without Fitcher and Smith. City were missing Carroll (not sure if qualified) and Silver.

Was super impressed with Moor for Chelsea. Very, very good defender!!!

Can anyone confirm that those marshmellow hearted bunch of rabble down cheltenham way ran away scared on the weekend from a Springvale team that resembled a bunch of underage footballers?

Looks like the belting they copped against the Dingoes has hurt more than just their pride.

I look forward to hearing your crap excuses for being sooooo scared superfreak. I can't believe you even admit your from a club that is just plain WEAK.

What the hell are you on about Frosty?

I suppose when you win as much as Dingley, a 8 point win is considered a belting! ;)

After watching Stkilda city on the weekend i am convinced they are goooone.
There was no connection between the players and they were all looking for someone to blame!!! :thumbsdown: B2B are you in hiding???

That's a bit unfair Myview. Heights played good footy for the first three quarters and their third quarter was nothing short of excellent on a big ground thay was quite heavy. I've not seen too many softer tracks than that - maybe Flemington after the Maribyrnong flooded a few years back!!

I wouldn't write off St Kilda City yet - too much talent in that team and if on their day they click they will be hard to beat.

A couple of concerns though for City:

#17 (I think it was 17 - looked like a 1 had been blackened out in the Beazely Reserve mud) - pointing the finger to the sky after a goal in the last when 40+ points down. Was that an effort to show the coach that #17 had done something, or because he wanted people to recognise he is the first person to play footy with a Ron Wearmouth haircut since Ron Wearmouth? The style went out of fashion for a reason.

#24 Now I'll give #24 a little leeway given it was the last quarter and he was frustrated, but he started a fight with a bloke who went in for a hard ball. The only reason a hard footy was available was because #24 had gone one handed for a mark instead of securing the footy with two hands. Why he decided to try to fight an opposition played when it was he himself who had made the error is beyond me.

This was then compounded later by #24 roving (exceptionally well I may add) from a stoppage, and then deciding to break two tackles after about 6 steps. Neither tackle was broken, and the umpire gleefully blew the whistle, knowing it was the easiest decision he'd made all day after working out which coloured jocks he'd wear.

Both pieces of footy were just dumb, yet he'll be counted upon to make an impact in finals.

Btw, for what it's worth, I understand the St Kilda City coach has copped a bit on the forum, but he was first over to the Heights coach to congratulate him after the game. Say what you want about him (oh wait, many of you have), but his sportsmanship was in full view in front of the rooms on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Oh, by the way, I did hear a great call from the crowd late in the last, with a spectator, having formed the opinion that a St Kilda player had been beaten by his opponent on the day providing the call (rather loudly given I heard it on the wing): "You've been touched up more than a David Jones employee."

Politically correct? No. But funny? Oh yes.

That's a bit unfair Myview. Heights played good footy for the first three quarters and their third quarter was nothing short of excellent on a big ground thay was quite heavy. I've not seen too many softer tracks than that - maybe Flemington after the Maribyrnong flooded a few years back!!

I wouldn't write off St Kilda City yet - too much talent in that team and if on their day they click they will be hard to beat.

A couple of concerns though for City:

#17 (I think it was 17 - looked like a 1 had been blackened out in the Beazely Reserve mud) - pointing the finger to the sky after a goal in the last when 40+ points down. Was that an effort to show the coach that #17 had done something, or because he wanted people to recognise he is the first person to play footy with a Ron Wearmouth haircut since Ron Wearmouth? The style went out of fashion for a reason.

#24 Now I'll give #24 a little leeway given it was the last quarter and he was frustrated, but he started a fight with a bloke who went in for a hard ball. The only reason a hard footy was available was because #24 had gone one handed for a mark instead of securing the footy with two hands. Why he decided to try to fight an opposition played when it was he himself who had made the error is beyond me.

This was then compounded later by #24 roving (exceptionally well I may add) from a stoppage, and then deciding to break two tackles after about 6 steps. Neither tackle was broken, and the umpire gleefully blew the whistle, knowing it was the easiest decision he'd made all day after working out which coloured jocks he'd wear.

Both pieces of footy were just dumb, yet he'll be counted upon to make an impact in finals.

Btw, for what it's worth, I understand the St Kilda City coach has copped a bit on the forum, but he was first over to the Heights coach to congratulate him after the game. Say what you want about him (oh wait, many of you have), but his sportsmanship was in full view in front of the rooms on Saturday. :thumbsu:

Oh, by the way, I did hear a great call from the crowd late in the last, with a spectator, having formed the opinion that a St Kilda player had been beaten by his opponent on the day providing the call (rather loudly given I heard it on the wing): "You've been touched up more than a David Jones employee."

Politically correct? No. But funny? Oh yes.

I am not taking anything away from Chelsea they out played and out muscled Stkilda city.
If i was from City i would be concerned that the Club has no plan B when things go wrong, the players where looking for leadership not one player put his hand up,
The Coaches looked out of their depth and fingers were being pointed.
B2B was the worst offender!!

How'd longy go today Maradona? TM got the better of you guys, bit of a suprise! did you have many out? Good to see Heights over the Saints for the second time this season.. Doesn't mean much if we can't do it in September though..

Didn't watch our game mate. I took the opportunity to see the top 2 lock horns at Beazley Reserve....

Very impressed with Chelsea Heights- How Norton is not a regular 1's player astounds me. Will be hard to stop a forward line with him, Smith, Beasy and Matheson. The usual suspects were good for Chelsea (Attard, Walsh, Ogier, Gilder, Wineberg and Moor in particular had a ripper!)

City looked flat- got jumped in the first quarter and couldn't claw their way back in. What went wrong b2b08?

Can't see where City are going to get there goals from. Backline looks wobbly too. I would have tried making some moves with players, it seemed like they use the bench very little. Maybe one or two changes a quarter. Any side with a decent set of rotations will hurt them. The onballers looked tired all day. Very prehistoric setup and football has moved on.

As for my mob- very disappointing. Can assure you we won't put in another one like that this year. Word is that the boys were a bit complacent and allowed Tooronga to take control.

Heard a rumour that St Pauls are already in talks with uncontracted Melbourne forward B Miller. He is good mates with Paul Wheatley and is looking for a change of pace.

I am not taking anything away from Chelsea they out played and out muscled Stkilda city.
If i was from City i would be concerned that the Club has no plan B when things go wrong, the players where looking for leadership not one player put his hand up,

I think no reply from B2B says it all City are in big trouble!!!!

Steady - B2B doesn't have to be a slave to the forum - I'm sure he will speak when available.

Myview and Maradona, you both noticed what I did in the last quarter, but didn't put it im my previous post. It seemed that in the last quarter the StKC coaching staff were mere spectators and didn't change too much (if anything) over the last 20+ minutes.

Now, they may have had a couple hurt on the bench, or they may have given instructions that they were going to sit back and let the players actions speak for themselves (has been used many a time as a coahcing tactic before), so they deserve some leeway (plus I didn't head their 3/4 time huddle), but it did look strange. Heights did have Walsh on the bench for the last so they could have also been resting a couple.

Also, noticed that the Heights took a leaf out of Dingley's book in a way, and had their clock count up to 20 minutes (Dingley's goes down from 20 to 0).

Is there an SFL ruling about time clocks giving players full knowledge of the time situation - especially as some clubs have such time clocks and others don't?

it wouldnt matter if city were winning, losing or folded you would still be talking about us:D:D:D at the moment we are gone and chelsea are red hot favourites good luck to them because they missed out last year and have gone all out this year....good club and good bunch of blokes....but....anything can happen in finals!

i may be wrong but are you replying to yourself....is that split personality playing up again..lol...can you give us something different besides bagging coaches and leadership you must have something else because you seem to rate yourself a bit....or is that all your good at working through the divisions on here aiming up at coaches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back