SFL 2010 Div 1 Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens in all games, was also evident in St Pauls vs Dingley.

B.Rafferty was running with the flight of the ball and their key foward Number 2 didn't have eyes for the ball and cleaned him up, knocking Rafferty out cold and he had to be sent off to hospital on a spinal board.

In this instance he recieved a free kick but how a report wasn't laid is beyond me.

Number 2 from Dingley then proceeded to dive when pushed with remonstrating St Pauls players, just shows how much of a bitch he is.

He was heard saying at the start of the game to his opponent "it's my last game today, i hope i break your jaw". Real tough.

So you heard the Dingley player say this or somebody told you? Take your VB glasses off and get in the real world. Brooks was playing his 200th, and not last, game for the club.

Rafferty showed guts to go for the mark but Brooksy was running with the flight of the ball and perhaps was a little late at worst. At no stage was the arm raised, when i played, this was called a hip and shoulder. What is he meant to do, stop and give the opposition player an easy mark.

Unfortunate incident and I hope that Rafferty is ok but footy is a mans game and sometimes people do get hurt. Last time we played St.Pauls our great player Pitty was hit with an accidental elbow that fractured his jaw and eye socket. Probably never play again. Sh1t like this happens all of the time.

Getting back to the game, i thought the Dingoes put up a sensational effort but were beaten by a more polished outfit. Heath Barnes again played sensationally and the Doggies had some individual brilliant moments that made the difference.

Dingley had 6 players Under 19 in their team and the future is looking pretty good. 2's turned around an 80 point flogging from earlier in the year to win and our 3rds are top, unbeaten.

So you heard the Dingley player say this or somebody told you? Take your VB glasses off and get in the real world. Brooks was playing his 200th, and not last, game for the club.

Rafferty showed guts to go for the mark but Brooksy was running with the flight of the ball and perhaps was a little late at worst. At no stage was the arm raised, when i played, this was called a hip and shoulder. What is he meant to do, stop and give the opposition player an easy mark.

Unfortunate incident and I hope that Rafferty is ok but footy is a mans game and sometimes people do get hurt. Last time we played St.Pauls our great player Pitty was hit with an accidental elbow that fractured his jaw and eye socket. Probably never play again. Sh1t like this happens all of the time.

Getting back to the game, i thought the Dingoes put up a sensational effort but were beaten by a more polished outfit. Heath Barnes again played sensationally and the Doggies had some individual brilliant moments that made the difference.

Dingley had 6 players Under 19 in their team and the future is looking pretty good. 2's turned around an 80 point flogging from earlier in the year to win and our 3rds are top, unbeaten.

Heard there were some pretty swingin' celebrations back at Dingley last night. Those things can turn ugly. Brooks hasn't played a decent game in Division 1. Do they ever get any decent looking birds to these parties Mr Mahalo or is it all the dregs from The Dingley International. :p

I actually thought if Rafferty didn't try and shirk the contest he wouldnt of been cleaned up, But nonetheless an unfortunate incident which noone likes to see

All good Super Freak - am always happy to hear the other side of the situation. I have only seen your club play once (yesterday), so I recognise that I don't get a fair view as to what the status of the club is. For example, I have no idea how many blokes are in/out and had no idea 25 has missed a couple of years of footy.

I don't admit to being an SFL expert - and I have only seen a handful of my local clubs matches this year. I just hope that in my previous posts that I have been fair and objective. Sure, I want my local mob, the Heights to win, but it is afterall a game of footy - much more important things going on in this world than that!

There is some potential at Chelt, and a strong direction and strong recruiting can put it in finals contention no doubt, but it does need some extra toughness. Yesterday there was no one willing to put their hand up and get the head over the footy IMHO on a consistant basis.

In regards the umpiring, his duty of care was horrendous and to penalise a player for essentially swearing under his breath 75 meters off the footy in regards a decision is just poor.

If the umpire in question is reading, it is clear you have read the rule book and that you are well schooled in the rules of the game, however your style is of one that doesn't umpire to common sense. Your colleague on the day did, however your style of umpiring lead for players to become confused and frustrated, hence why you had to pay several free kicks/50's for arguing/abuse. My suggestion to you is that such behaviour will continue when you umpire if you continue to umpire without any common sense to how the game is played and that you will lose your passion for your trade and give up.

I do not want you to give up, simply change your approach to how you umpire. Pull your coach (your mentor if you have one) aside and ask him what I mean and how to adapt to become a better umpire. PM me if you wish - I used to umpire sport myself so I know where you have to go with this.

All good Super Freak - am always happy to hear the other side of the situation. I have only seen your club play once (yesterday), so I recognise that I don't get a fair view as to what the status of the club is. For example, I have no idea how many blokes are in/out and had no idea 25 has missed a couple of years of footy.

I don't admit to being an SFL expert - and I have only seen a handful of my local clubs matches this year. I just hope that in my previous posts that I have been fair and objective. Sure, I want my local mob, the Heights to win, but it is afterall a game of footy - much more important things going on in this world than that!

There is some potential at Chelt, and a strong direction and strong recruiting can put it in finals contention no doubt, but it does need some extra toughness. Yesterday there was no one willing to put their hand up and get the head over the footy IMHO on a consistant basis.

In regards the umpiring, his duty of care was horrendous and to penalise a player for essentially swearing under his breath 75 meters off the footy in regards a decision is just poor.

If the umpire in question is reading, it is clear you have read the rule book and that you are well schooled in the rules of the game, however your style is of one that doesn't umpire to common sense. Your colleague on the day did, however your style of umpiring lead for players to become confused and frustrated, hence why you had to pay several free kicks/50's for arguing/abuse. My suggestion to you is that such behaviour will continue when you umpire if you continue to umpire without any common sense to how the game is played and that you will lose your passion for your trade and give up.

I do not want you to give up, simply change your approach to how you umpire. Pull your coach (your mentor if you have one) aside and ask him what I mean and how to adapt to become a better umpire. PM me if you wish - I used to umpire sport myself so I know where you have to go with this.

Everything you said sounds fair and constructive, except the highlighted portion,it doesn't matter if the decision was right wrong of indifferent if a player argues or swears the umpire has every right to penalise the offender. Umpires are at premium, good umpires even more so, we have to support and encourage them. Dont get me wrong i have disagreed and argued with umpires before i will probably do it again, but the mindset that arguing with the umpire, regardless of the reason, is ever okay is fundamentally wrong.

Everything you said sounds fair and constructive, except the highlighted portion,it doesn't matter if the decision was right wrong of indifferent if a player argues or swears the umpire has every right to penalise the offender. Umpires are at premium, good umpires even more so, we have to support and encourage them. Dont get me wrong i have disagreed and argued with umpires before i will probably do it again, but the mindset that arguing with the umpire, regardless of the reason, is ever okay is fundamentally wrong.

If you want good umpires Shut the hell up and suppport then.

I understand what you mean phantom, but Part B doesn't happen unless Part A has, and the umpire in question needs to learn that Part B will happen and happen and happen...and happen while he gets Part A wrong.

To penalise someone 75 meters off the ball for a minimal expletive out of pure frustration when that was the stress release was, to the rule book, correct, but common sense says to you 'blokes letting off steam - no drama' but then more people become frustrated when action is taken.

If umpire had correctly paid a holding the ball decision after attacking player had taken three-four clear steps before being tackled would have meant that there would have been no frustrated tackler wondering just what more he needed to do to be awarded a free kick.

Superfreak will remember in the last quarter Chelt's #25 took a pack mark up forward that was waved play on. When he was frustrated as to why it wasn't paid, well, I am sure you can guess what happens next.

The abuse phantom will continue while the abysmal decision making does. If correct decisions are made, the abuse will decrease.

For such decisions to be made at the top level of the competition was near farcial - I've seen a dozen umpires this year that were better.

I really don't want this to be umpire bashing (but recognise that to an extent it is), but I know that SFL people do read this (though they may not post). I trust they will act and do the appropriate things needed to assist remedy the umpires mistakes.

Superfreak will remember in the last quarter Chelt's #25 took a pack mark up forward that was waved play on. When he was frustrated as to why it wasn't paid, well, I am sure you can guess what happens next.

Couldn't take a trick the big fella, was the only one he clunked all day!

He even missed kicking his mouthguard after throwing it out in frustration. He told us later he hoped no one saw it! Gave us all a good laugh.

It was a day that certainly added to the footy trips coffers with the amount of 50's paid. I reckon us and Chelsea Hts might be headed to Vegas! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought if Rafferty didn't try and shirk the contest he wouldnt of been cleaned up, But nonetheless an unfortunate incident which noone likes to see

shirk it or not, he still went straight at him, no eyes for the ball.

FYI rafferty is still in hospital with short term memory problems.

How has the younger Rafferty pulled up from the knock on Saturday? He was in decent form. Hopefully he's all good.

If Richard "Dick" Houston is in talks with an EFL club good luck to him. I once heard the man stutter and stumble his way through a 3/4 time address. There were parts where the huddle was genuinely laughing at the mess that came out of his mouth. When he realized the joke was on him he brought the boys in tight and whispered for the remainder of his address. One of the most comical things I have seen in the SFL.

Is he going to get another flag this year? Some big names in that side...

I personally like the way Big Martello runs his operation at Mordi. The old warhorse may get his reward this year.

Go bloods

Blood could be a real chance given they are the only team to get over heights so far... rd's 17 & 18 will be a good warm up for finals and if they win flag they would've earnt it given they would play 6 tough teams on the trot..

That's a big call - the league is full of tossbags.:thumbsu: I think he is doing very well with a limited list. When you compare his list with the other teams in finals it sits a fair way behing Chelsea and St Kilda City. Not many ex AFL or VFLs in there.
Has helped turn a bunch of skinny misfits into a serious finals contender - imagine if he had a Darren Walsh, Phil Smith or Ash Roberts on the books...:footy:

Has Taranto from St Pauls managed to break into the 1's again yet? It seems like a waste of money to have him jumping over fat blokes in the scoobies...:confused:

That's a big call - the league is full of tossbags.:thumbsu: I think he is doing very well with a limited list. When you compare his list with the other teams in finals it sits a fair way behing Chelsea and St Kilda City. Not many ex AFL or VFLs in there.
Has helped turn a bunch of skinny misfits into a serious finals contender - imagine if he had a Darren Walsh, Phil Smith or Ash Roberts on the books...:footy:

Has Taranto from St Pauls managed to break into the 1's again yet? It seems like a waste of money to have him jumping over fat blokes in the scoobies...:confused:

Maradona , you have plenty to say, if you are Martello you should be ashamed , if you arent im sure he suffered enough embarassment youve brought on your club with the crap you talk.
You've potted every club on here but Mordi, who are well known for spending plenty on duds or reserves players from other clubs on the peninsula, ie: Doveton mid 2000's & more recently EDi Asp your club has a whole league to recruit from yet cant even make a preliminary final, you have a big budget, a licensed social club which pours plenty in, a vibrant committee and plenty of helpers,a gate at home games ,etc.etc.
I believe Mordialloc with its resources are underachievers and should be a top 3 team not a mid range team, stop looking for excuses and get your
football department to recruit the quality players that your resources should allow.

By the way how many flags have you coached??? None thought so
No matter whether you like Richard or not , you cant knock his coaching record 5 years, 4 gf's 3 flags and a 5th final series on the horizon, and hasnt taken a cent from any club, if it was that easy Balwyn would have won 10 in a row, takes more than money to win flags, you need to take risks and you need a stack of luck

Maradona , you have plenty to say, if you are Martello you should be ashamed , if you arent im sure he suffered enough embarassment youve brought on your club with the crap you talk.
You've potted every club on here but Mordi, who are well known for spending plenty on duds or reserves players from other clubs on the peninsula, ie: Doveton mid 2000's & more recently EDi Asp your club has a whole league to recruit from yet cant even make a preliminary final, you have a big budget, a licensed social club which pours plenty in, a vibrant committee and plenty of helpers,a gate at home games ,etc.etc.
I believe Mordialloc with its resources are underachievers and should be a top 3 team not a mid range team, stop looking for excuses and get your
football department to recruit the quality players that your resources should allow.

By the way how many flags have you coached??? None thought so
No matter whether you like Richard or not , you cant knock his coaching record 5 years, 4 gf's 3 flags and a 5th final series on the horizon, and hasnt taken a cent from any club, if it was that easy Balwyn would have won 10 in a row, takes more than money to win flags, you need to take risks and you need a stack of luck

if all it takes is luck and some risk why have a coach?????

if all it takes is luck and some risk why have a coach?????

read again mate, i said it takes more than money, it involves many things, luck ,injuries, player management, hard work on & off field

Apart from paying players, you have fulfill grog,league,tape,jumpers,sponsors,jackets,shirts,trainers,canteen supplies,bbqs,parking costs.

When or if your club wins a flag you will realise what im talking about,no matter how much money is at your club, it doesnt guarantee you anything.

All clubs are paying players , its who you pay that counts!

Credit must go to city for the players they have recruited. Guns on every line. I never said Richard was a bad guy, he simply has nothing to offer a football club aside from money.
St Kilda City were a good club before he arrived and will continue to be after he leaves.

All clubs have bills to pay - the smart clubs use the people involved to generate ideas of how the club can prosper without putting loyal stalwarts in debt.

read again mate, i said it takes more than money, it involves many things, luck ,injuries, player management, hard work on & off field

Apart from paying players, you have fulfill grog,league,tape,jumpers,sponsors,jackets,shirts,trainers,canteen supplies,bbqs,parking costs.

When or if your club wins a flag you will realise what im talking about,no matter how much money is at your club, it doesnt guarantee you anything.

All clubs are paying players , its who you pay that counts!

Balwyn hasnt won 10 flags because they are not playing in a 2 team comp!! Trying to compare Balwyn situation to yours is a joke

Balwyn hasnt won 10 flags because they are not playing in a 2 team comp!! Trying to compare Balwyn situation to yours is a joke

B2B you cant bag others when you are on here potting people yourself!!!

Credit must go to city for the players they have recruited. Guns on every line. I never said Richard was a bad guy, he simply has nothing to offer a football club aside from money.
St Kilda City were a good club before he arrived and will continue to be after he leaves.

All clubs have bills to pay - the smart clubs use the people involved to generate ideas of how the club can prosper without putting loyal stalwarts in debt.

Mate who appointed you to Coach im thinking they were pissed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back